DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: So long gingerbread

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid
    I'm on my phone so I can't link you, but its in the Dev Archives under Droid Hacks.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  2. Team Sourcery
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Sourcerized GN
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasko View Post
    Where can I check out this Sourcery Rom?
    Sourceryrom.com

Tapped from my Sourcerized D1
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    droid
    project elite 4.2 was better for me, some apps wouldn't install or run on sourcery so i had to go back to pe.
  4. Team Sourcery
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Sourcerized GN
    Quote Originally Posted by bendystrawboy View Post
    project elite 4.2 was better for me, some apps wouldn't install or run on sourcery so i had to go back to pe.
    We"ll be happy to check that for you if you want to give it another run. It works flawlessly for me.

5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    No matter what GB rom you decide to run, periodically boot into recovery and clear cache and dalvik, the next boot will be slower, however it clears out the junk so to speak.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Hey Guys,
    Does anyone know if there will be an "official release" of gingerbread on the htc thunderbolt?
    Android Spouse
  7. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    @Ohh_Trenton
    Phone
    Og Droid/Droid 3/Samsung Note2
    Quote Originally Posted by spc_hicks09 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alienware777 View Post
    Spot on yakitori. I simply don't understand why our forum can accept that different kernals and speeds react differently with our phones, but the minute someone says a rom doesn't work with theirs we get in a hissy fit. Um.... if some phones can barely run at 700 and others can go to 1.5, what makes you think that some roms just can't like some phones? For YOUR phone, GB may be perfect. It may not have a single bug. But for mine? GB doesn't roll with it. It'll reboot multiple times a day, no matter what I did.

And cause I'm human and spc challenged me I have too... Don't even try to tell me that I'm doing something wrong buddy. I've as pro as you can get without knowing how to code. I've fixed multiple "bricked" phones for my friends. I've been modding for almost 3 years. I've been at this forum for a year longer than you. For all practical purposes, I could of been your tutor a year back. So don't even try to tell me I'm doing something wrong

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Ok, here it goes. Look I understand you're just sooooo much better than I am (rolls eyes). Read my entire post before you start trying to brag about how good are you are. Make it a point to read the LAST LINE of my post where I say "Could be the device" I'm sure you are just way too awesome to see that though. I'm glad you've had all the time in the world to be modding and on these forums as long as you have. I've been too busy serving my country for you to have the freedom to act like a pompous ass without reading my whole post. Go back and check it and see where I said, "Could be the device," trust me it's there.

I completely agree 100% that all Kernels, ROMs and devices are different which is why at the end of my post I said "Could be the device, could be the operator." My point was that probably 70% of the time, it is user error. They didn't wipe data before flashing, they didn't wipe cache before flashing, they didn't make a nand backup before flashing and they flashed wrong and are now bricked. Maybe they didn't check the MD5 to make sure there are no errors with the file. The fact that you've been doing this longer than I have means nothing. I've created a 2.3.2 ROM for the HTC Droid Eris, a device that never even got 2.2 and I did it from scratch! I built my own vendor tree for that ROM and am very proud of it. How long I've been doing this is irrelevant, it's skill, not time. Someone else could have been doing this since the very first smartphone and still suck. I learn very very fast, I made a 2.2 ROM for the Eris in about 2 hours, and 2 weeks later I came out with a 2.3.2 ROM for the same phone and I've only been modding Droid phones for about 6 months. So yeah, ummmm.....thanks.
    Wow. Ya'll are taking this too personal. Bring it down a notch. But spc_hicks, your 100% right in your last paragraph. It doesn't matter how much time it takes you to learn something, its how good you are and able to pick it up and create something great. I applaud you for your accomplishments and Thank you for serving this country man. Very much appreciated. You both have great points so lets just end it there.
    "Don't you hate it when you open a bag of chips and its half full?! Well, that's how us guys feel about push-up bras." - ItsTrentB
    Phone: Motorola Droid 3
    Tablet: Google Nexus 7

Did I Deserve a "LIKE"?

8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by RW-1 View Post
    No matter what GB rom you decide to run, periodically boot into recovery and clear cache and dalvik, the next boot will be slower, however it clears out the junk so to speak.
    Is that the same thing the app cache cleaner does?
  9. Team Sourcery
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Sourcerized GN
    Quote Originally Posted by otter34 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RW-1 View Post
    Is that the same thing the app cache cleaner does?
    I don't think so, in CWM you an option to clear dalvik cache through the advance menu.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Links