DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: So long gingerbread

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    RAZR Maxx
    Didn't read any replies but... Looking at all my info. Gingerbread works better then Froyo on my phone .
    RAZR Maxx stock with ICS.

OG Droid 1 running Gingerbread no issues. (Desk Clock)

Simply Stunning 5.6
    ChevyNo1 2.6.32-LV 1Ghz Kernel
    Recovery and Power
    RaidZero Recovery 2.0.3 (Link)
    Gorilla Gadgets 3500mAh Extended Battery (Link)

Volkswagen/Audi or GTFO.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    D1
    I checked out maps on my own, and it seems to be working fine if I choose my destination as a contact. Did it 3 times in a row, no problems.

As for choppy video... loks like a dev on xda swapped out Froyo some lib files to sort it out. Link pending.....

*customized tapatalk signature*
    ...but seriously, I'm just kidding.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    D1
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post10429928

Seems I mixed up a few words on the last post. I directly blame Blue Moon.

*customized tapatalk signature*
    ...but seriously, I'm just kidding.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by spc_hicks09 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alienware777 View Post
    Spot on yakitori. I simply don't understand why our forum can accept that different kernals and speeds react differently with our phones, but the minute someone says a rom doesn't work with theirs we get in a hissy fit. Um.... if some phones can barely run at 700 and others can go to 1.5, what makes you think that some roms just can't like some phones? For YOUR phone, GB may be perfect. It may not have a single bug. But for mine? GB doesn't roll with it. It'll reboot multiple times a day, no matter what I did.

And cause I'm human and spc challenged me I have too... Don't even try to tell me that I'm doing something wrong buddy. I've as pro as you can get without knowing how to code. I've fixed multiple "bricked" phones for my friends. I've been modding for almost 3 years. I've been at this forum for a year longer than you. For all practical purposes, I could of been your tutor a year back. So don't even try to tell me I'm doing something wrong

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Ok, here it goes. Look I understand you're just sooooo much better than I am (rolls eyes). Read my entire post before you start trying to brag about how good are you are. Make it a point to read the LAST LINE of my post where I say "Could be the device" I'm sure you are just way too awesome to see that though. I'm glad you've had all the time in the world to be modding and on these forums as long as you have. I've been too busy serving my country for you to have the freedom to act like a pompous ass without reading my whole post. Go back and check it and see where I said, "Could be the device," trust me it's there.

I completely agree 100% that all Kernels, ROMs and devices are different which is why at the end of my post I said "Could be the device, could be the operator." My point was that probably 70% of the time, it is user error. They didn't wipe data before flashing, they didn't wipe cache before flashing, they didn't make a nand backup before flashing and they flashed wrong and are now bricked. Maybe they didn't check the MD5 to make sure there are no errors with the file. The fact that you've been doing this longer than I have means nothing. I've created a 2.3.2 ROM for the HTC Droid Eris, a device that never even got 2.2 and I did it from scratch! I built my own vendor tree for that ROM and am very proud of it. How long I've been doing this is irrelevant, it's skill, not time. Someone else could have been doing this since the very first smartphone and still suck. I learn very very fast, I made a 2.2 ROM for the Eris in about 2 hours, and 2 weeks later I came out with a 2.3.2 ROM for the same phone and I've only been modding Droid phones for about 6 months. So yeah, ummmm.....thanks.
    This isn't user error. Many of us have these issues with any gingerbread rom. And you making a rom is irrelevent to this discussion so stop repeating it.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    ....beta GB ROMs have bugs? O noes! Screw froyo I'm going back to eclair!
  6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    spc_hicks09
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmypop13 View Post
    This isn't user error. Many of us have these issues with any gingerbread rom. And you making a rom is irrelevent to this discussion so stop repeating it.
    It's actually very relevant since it's a discussion about GB ROMs (duh). Anyway, I wasn't saying EVERY situation is user error, again, I said it could also be because of every device reacting different.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by jessemhess View Post
    Your not the only one. GB was not ever meant to run on the Droid 1. I have also reverted back to Froyo and have been enjoying a bug free phone. I am currently using Project Gimp Source. Gimp is one of few that is still doing Froyo projects. I highly suggest you check Gimp out. He is in the process of having a new Froyo release soon.
    +1 on Gimp! I also returned back to froyo as well... I was doing gingerbread since its release and way too unstable and I need something I can depend on and will work flawlessly. Froyo is what my Droid loves so froyo is what will stay on my Droid. Thank God that gimp is staying with froyo. His roms are stable, smooth,and fast. Oh yeah and some perks too. Give gimp a shot,you may like their roms.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Last edited by bullswife98; 04-25-2011 at 10:28 PM.
  8. Team Sourcery
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Sourcerized GN
    DroidForums.net Developer
    If you like Gimpsource give Sourcery a run, you will be pleasantly surprised. It's the most recent Froyo and has amazing features..

Tapped from my Sourcerized D1
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    JimWaldridge
    Phone
    Droid Bionic

Liquid Gingerbread 1.7

I am using an OG Droid and currently running the newest version of Liquid Gingerbread. 1.7 and i have had no problems. I have been running it about a week now. I am running the stock kernel that came with it and it is running smooth and quadrant has rated it at 1192, which is not to bad for the Droid 1. So i am told. You can check it out here....

Liquid Gingerbread v1.7 Rom Release
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Same here. Liquid Gingerbread has been running very smooth so far. I've only had it for a day but no issues yet. I also ran CM7 (stable) for a day and that ran well too, though I did have a couple issues. My apps didn't sync for some reason and the power widget inside the task bar disappeared sometimes.

All in all though, both of them work well and didn't have any major issues.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Links