DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Exhausted

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    OG Droid 1
    Try PEv4.2 Froyo with Gingerbread parts.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt and Droid 1
    Give this a try. I just went thru about 6 or 7 ROMs in two days thinking it was my phone or builds, I had no idea. I stayed away from GB ROMs and such. I had the same problems you are facing. Flash different kernels on your phone but go for the lower speed kernels. I went from a 1.1 to a 900 and 800 speeds and now my phone is much more stable and isn't having all of those problems. Hope this helps.

-Dubsky
    -Dubsky
  3. Team Sourcery
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Sourcerized GN
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by veedubsky View Post
    Give this a try. I just went thru about 6 or 7 ROMs in two days thinking it was my phone or builds, I had no idea. I stayed away from GB ROMs and such. I had the same problems you are facing. Flash different kernels on your phone but go for the lower speed kernels. I went from a 1.1 to a 900 and 800 speeds and now my phone is much more stable and isn't having all of those problems. Hope this helps.

-Dubsky
    +1 Kernels definitely play a big part in the phone stability and responsiveness. I have had different results for each kernel i tried with different roms... The only Rom that was stable and issue-less regardless of kernel and oc/uc status was Sourcery Rom.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt and Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chizzele View Post

-Dubsky
    +1 Kernels definitely play a big part in the phone stability and responsiveness. I have had different results for each kernel i tried with different roms... The only Rom that was stable and issue-less regardless of kernel and oc/uc status was Sourcery Rom.
    Just give all of the kernels a try since every Droid will be different. I know its a little tedious and you should usually give it a few hours to a day to "settle in" but once you find the right one you'll thank me I can go ahead an recommend Project Elite 4.2 and Project GimpSource 3.0/3.1. I haven't tried Sourcery so I cannot comment on it as of yet but have yet to hear a negative comment from anyone. I am going to give metickone's 2.2.2 build to see how it is also.

-Dubsky
    -Dubsky
  5. Team Sourcery
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Sourcerized GN

-Dubsky
    Just give all of the kernels a try since every Droid will be different. I know its a little tedious and you should usually give it a few hours to a day to "settle in" but once you find the right one you'll thank me I can go ahead an recommend Project Elite 4.2 and Project GimpSource 3.0/3.1. I haven't tried Sourcery so I cannot comment on it as of yet but have yet to hear a negative comment from anyone. I am going to give metickone's 2.2.2 build to see how it is also.

-Dubsky
    If you are into trying different roms give Sourcery a run... i promise you wont be disappointed. I'm sure that stability wise lots of other Froyo roms are stable but features wise it is truly an experience.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    I have also tried most of the GB roms out there and I have to say that, [B][I][U]for me, the battery life sucked and after a few days it would start to lag also. Now my daily driver is rooted froyo and overclocked. The only thing that GB offered was notification power widgets for me and that wasn't enough to keep me interested very long. When updates come out i test drive them for a couple of days just to see if anything has changed though. Oh, and the best running froyo roms, for my phone, are the liquid froyo 1.95 with the 1.96 update. Just what I have noticed on my phone.
  7. Team Sourcery
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Sourcerized GN
    Sourcery has the power widget in the drop down, one of my favorite features as well. and it has much more.

The only things i noticed that GB has over Sourcery Froyo is the built in support for SIP internet calls and i use Fring for that so no big deal.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    If you are into trying different roms give Sourcery a run... i promise you wont be disappointed. I'm sure that stability wise lots of other Froyo roms are stable but features wise it is truly an experience.
    +1 to this -- Sourcery is a unique experience. There's nothing out there like it. It has an abundance of themes and kernel tweaks you can make right from the ROM itself, and it's compatible with raidzero's recovery now too.

I highly recommend it. While it might be in the "archives" section, it's far from gone and still has community support.

/pitch lol
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Check out simply stunning 5.2 by chevyno1, its gingerbread but its been running very stable on my droid, plus it has some cool features such as theme chooser.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Sourcery has the power widget in the drop down, one of my favorite features as well. and it has much more.
    by "much more" he really means MUCH MORE. you're being far modest chizzele lol

in this context, i think "much more" = "sourcery could change the world, if only the world was open-source too" lol
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links