DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is it me or are aosp source roms slower/laggier than rom made from the ota's?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC THUNDERBOLT ADR6400L
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent2189 View Post
    I nearly started a similar thread, so I know what you mean. I see people on various forums drooling over CyanogenMod, but it turned out to be the slowest ROM I've ever used. UD and bugless have faired much better on my phone(D1), but I wouldn't even compare them to LFY(or the new LFG) or Project Elite. They are built for the Droid are the run better, simple as that.
    Liquid is from source. If you want a rom built from ota, try RZ BASELINE OR BUGLESS BEAST. My current setup is BB 0.6.2.1 with a Sapphire 2.0 compcache kernel and it is actually faster than LGB and has higher scores! And that's with a 900mhz kernel! The battery lasts twice as long too!

Sent from my Droid running whatever ROM and Kernel I chose to use today...
    HTC THUNDERBOLT
    Das BAMF 1.6.3 Remix
    Adrynaline's Control Freak v2.0 Kernel @ 1400MHZ

Want a Dropbox account? Get 250mb of extra space by following this link: http://db.tt/ldMayfk
    HOW TO INSTALL ROMS AND KERNELS ON YOUR THUNDERBOLT:http://www.droidforums.net/forum/thu...underbolt.html
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtguthrie View Post

Liquid is from source. If you want a rom built from ota, try RZ BASELINE OR BUGLESS BEAST. My current setup is BB 0.6.2.1 with a Sapphire 2.0 compcache kernel and it is actually faster than LGB and has higher scores! And that's with a 900mhz kernel! The battery lasts twice as long too!

I tried your current setup(except with JDLFG 1.1ghz kernal, sapphire would not boot at 800) and while I do like the visual, feedback, and home of BB 0.6.2.1. Its not as snappy as PE on my phone(which is OTA as well?)
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC THUNDERBOLT ADR6400L
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent2189 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtguthrie View Post

I tried your current setup(except with JDLFG 1.1ghz kernal, sapphire would not boot at 800) and while I do like the visual, feedback, and home of BB 0.6.2.1. Its not as snappy as PE on my phone(which is OTA as well?)
    With a different kernel it's not "my current setup". I have the opposite experience actually, and jdflg kernels don't even boot for me. What voltage sapphire kernel did you try? There's LV (low voltage), SV (standard voltage), and IV (incresing voltage). It's easy to confuse the IV ones with LV. IV won't boot on my phone. If you tried LV and it didn't boot, that's usually because your phone needs a higher voltage, in which case i'd try a SV one. If you tried iv, try lv and then sv. Compcache is key for me too. If I shut it down it's not as snappy for me.

PE is from source too... fyi

HTC THUNDERBOLT
    Das BAMF 1.6.3 Remix

Want a Dropbox account? Get 250mb of extra space by following this link: http://db.tt/ldMayfk
    HOW TO INSTALL ROMS AND KERNELS ON YOUR THUNDERBOLT:http://www.droidforums.net/forum/thu...underbolt.html
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC THUNDERBOLT ADR6400L
    The other thing is that when you wipe prior to an installation you need to wipe the system and boot partitions. SPRecovery, or rom manager won't do it.

HTC THUNDERBOLT
    Das BAMF 1.6.3 Remix

5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I tried low and standard voltage with no success. I guess its really up the the Devs... I just had more negative experiences with more AOSP then OTA roms.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links