DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Help with rom

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Help with rom

So I'm new to this rom thing. But I really want to do it. I want a fast cool looking phone. Can anyone help me threw this? So I don't mess up my phone... please please.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola milestone
    Go to the market and download Rom manager (free or premium doesn't matter), apk installer, linda file manager and universal androot
    First, after downloading these apps, go to universal androot and press "root" then go to rom manager. Click on "flash new recovery" at the very top. You should get a success message. MAKE SURE you back up your current rom first. Then scroll to your phone model after tou flash. Then right under there it should say backup and restorr. Press it to make the backup. Afterwards, go to download rom. Click on the rom you want and it should start downloading. After it downloads, a popup will come up that gives you the option to "backup existing rom" and "wipe data and cache. To be on the safe side, I click both options. Now your phone is gonna ask you to reboot. Click ok. The phone will reboot into Clockworld Recovery (usually a black and white screen). It will do the backup and install the new rom. DO NOT mess with your phone during this process. After this completes, your phone will reboot and the new rom is installed. I suggest the Sapphire rom but any will do as long as it's STABLE. But ALWAYS keep an extra memory card with the original rom on it just in case you have any other problems with your phone and have to take it back to the store. Hope this helps!!

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola milestone
    Excuse my typos. I'm using a touchscreen lol

4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Where do I get the universal androot? Its not coming up in the market?

5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Oh I'm already rooted... I have a Droid one. The rest of those step are right though?

6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Use super one click, available at xda
    Aspiring Developer
    Waiting on Gingerbread.
    #Crackflasher
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I'm already rooted. I just need to know the proper way to install a rom. Couse. I don't want to mess up my phone....

8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    The simplest way is with Rom manager. Install from market then flash recovery from RM. If you download from a site, click install from SD, or you can download roms inside of RM.

Aspiring Developer
    Waiting on Gingerbread.
    #Crackflasher
  9. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Before you flash a rom make a backup of your current. This can be done with rom manager from the market. Install it, click on flash clockwork mod, then go down to make a backup and follow the onscreen directions. Your phone will restart, run a script then reboot. This is the most important step. DO IT!

First the hard long way, which is valuable to know how to do. Download rom manager since its your first flash. Open rm and click on flash clockwork mod. This will give you a recovery program to flash new roms. Now download the rom that you want, only ones for the D1. I would recommend the new miui . Now that you have your rom downloaded, open rom manager and click on reboot into recovery. Give it a minute and it will boot you into a screen with green writing. You will use the directional pad on the keyboard to navigate, use the main power button to go back to the previous screen and the middle button of the d pad as the enter button. Now first go down to wipe cache, click on it and scroll down to yes and click. A script will run and return you to the first screen. Now go down to wipe factory reset, click it and scroll down to yes like the previous step. Now after that go down to install zip from sd card, click on it and choose find zip on sd card. Navigate to where you saved the rom you downloaded, click on it, and go down to yes and click on it. Give it a minute and it will load the rom and you will need to reboot once it is finished loading.

The easy way. Once you have rom manager set up click on install rom from sd card, navigate to where the rom is on your phone, click on it, choose wipe data and cache and rm will do all of the work.
    Like what I do? Feel free to donate Link

Follow me on twitter for updates TP4BAMA
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Motorola Droid
    Hi everyone
    I posted on these forums a couple of months ago about installing custom roms. Even though people were really helpful, I had my own doubts about my ability to do it without bricking my phone. This seems like a really easy way to do it. Is it really that simple now? I am very excited. Thanks

Links