DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have 2 Clocks & 2 Galleries. Should I delete one?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1

I have 2 Clocks & 2 Galleries. Should I delete one?

Which ones should I delete and how do I do it? Should I do it at all? Is one better than the other? They seem to go to the same system app.

Will it screw things up if I delete one and then try to restore a backup from awhile back?

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    You can delete whatever you want/feel like. One of those galleries may be a market app you installed so I'd check there first. If you want to remove system apps, you'd need to download rootexplorer or do it through terminal and a system rw mount app from market.
  4. Beta Team
    Member #
    Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
    Phone
    Droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DontCome2MyHouse View Post
    Which ones should I delete and how do I do it? Should I do it at all? Is one better than the other? They seem to go to the same system app.

Will it screw things up if I delete one and then try to restore a backup from awhile back?
    It's because I updated those apps in my latest rom and those themes haven't been updated yet. The reason they didn't get replaced is because they have different names. You can delete one of each of them if you like. It wont screw anything up. What themes are you running btw?

P.S. Yes one is better than the other. DeskClock and Gallery3D are the better ones. DeskClockGoogle and Gallery3DGoogle are the old ones. and you can delete those. They wont be themed though.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    Both clocks say deskclock though.... how do you choose? I was thinking it could've been an older theme on newer ROM version, but in a different post davros stated that the themes should work for v.7 because framework wasn't changed.
  6. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by white_ash143 View Post
    Both clocks say deskclock though.... how do you choose? I was thinking it could've been an older theme on newer ROM version, but in a different post davros stated that the themes should work for v.7 because framework wasn't changed.
    Everytime I reply to your post I forget what I was thinking because of your sig picture lol. Using root explorer go into system/app and tell me what they say. One should say DeskClock.apk and the other should say Deskclockgoogle.apk.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by white_ash143 View Post
    You can delete whatever you want/feel like. One of those galleries may be a market app you installed so I'd check there first. If you want to remove system apps, you'd need to download rootexplorer or do it through terminal and a system rw mount app from market.
    The clock and gallery icons in blue came with metickone's ROM. The other two are stock system apps. Would it hurt to keep both and just set defaults?
  8. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    The clock and gallery icons in blue came with metickone's ROM. The other two are stock system apps. Would it hurt to keep both and just set defaults?
    Honestly I would just delete them. Do you have root explorer?
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    Sorry... I was asking for OP's benefit I tried to determine which package was which in RootExplorer but I forgot I'm running PEv4 atm... lol. My wife's phone (metickmod v.7) shows same as mine Deskclock.apk and Gallery3D.apk so I can't help there. It would be awesome to have more tutorials for modding update.zip's for those unsure about it... so we can know which apps to remove prior to flashing. Whenever I flash a different ROM I just load up your metickmod OP and start removing apps that you remove, regardless of ROM... loving it. Just miss a few features that davros may be changing in the future.

I loved the .gif when I first saw it so it migrated to my sig pic. lol
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by metiCkOne View Post
    Honestly I would just delete them. Do you have root explorer?
    I'm using the REVOlution theme. Yes I have Root Explorer.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by metiCkOne View Post

It's because I updated those apps in my latest rom and those themes haven't been updated yet. The reason they didn't get replaced is because they have different names. You can delete one of each of them if you like. It wont screw anything up. What themes are you running btw?

P.S. Yes one is better than the other. DeskClock and Gallery3D are the better ones. DeskClockGoogle and Gallery3DGoogle are the old ones. and you can delete those. They wont be themed though.
    When in Root Explorer trying to delete Gallery3DGoogle.apk and DeskClockGoogle.apk I get the message "...cannot be deleted because the file system is read-only."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links