Looking to install Gingerbread 2.3 on your Motorola Droid. Or have you already installed it? Sure its a new version of Android with some great looks and pleasant features, but as you might know, there are some problems with Gingerbread at the moment such as no USB Mass Storage. Well anyhow, heres my Pro's and Con's of getting Gingerbread, along with a download link if you are interested.
1. Has a great appearance! (Look at Gingerbread-Lockscreen in the attachments)
2. Has a great new keyboard! (Look at Gingerbread-Keyboard in the attachments)
3. Has a new app called Downloads that allows you to view any files you have downloaded! (Look at Gingerbread-Downloads in the attachments)
4. The new selection to Manage Apps (Look at Gingerbread-Manage_Apps in the attachments)
5. Better Notification Bar! (Look at Gingerbread-Notifications in the attachments)
1. USB Mass Storage not working.
2. GPS does NOT work.
3. Browser doesn't work unless on Wifi.
4. Most versions don't even have Google Apps!
5. Overall has many issues.
Solution to Gingerbread 2.3:
If you are looking for a fantastic way to make Gingerbread 2.3 a better, and more safe ROM, go to ROM Manager (Free or Premium) and go to Download ROM, Bugless Beast, and install Bugless Beast v.0.61. This ROM is fantastic and it has Gingerbread 2.3 installed with everything working fine.
Gingerbread 2.3 Download:
If after reading this you still want Gingerbread 2.3 on your Motorola Droid, you can follow these simple steps.
1. Download this file
2. Put it on the root of your SD Card.
3. Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
4. Click on "wipe data/factory reset" (I recommend making a backup first)
4. When it has finished select "install zip from sdcard"
5. Find and click the gingerbread_sholes-ota-eng.nickeubanks.zip file (or whatever you named it)
6. HAVE FUN!