DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Gingerbread? So whats the real deal?

  1. Senior Droid
    Krooked247's Avatar
    Member #
    107117
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    177
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    #1

    Question Gingerbread? So whats the real deal?

    I dont wanna sound slow but I've been out the loop for a while.

    I keep hearing a whole lot about gingerbread and it coming and people i see are developing roms based on it.

    I know it is an update to the android os but what exactly is everyone so excited/ in such a hurry for?

    What is it gonna do?

    Will there be any real significant difference or capabilities cuz of it or will it just be a slightly different interface(icons, font, boot animation).
    The way everyone is anticipating it gives me the impression that it is gonna be different/better, but if it is just some differences in appearance then i feel like I could care less about it( thats what a theme is for right?).

    Dont get me wrong im sure it will be "better" as it is an update but i was wondering if anyone really knows what will be updated or the changes we will see.

    Appreciate any info someone could enlighten me with.
    Thanks again droid community.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    sonicfreak360's Avatar
    Member #
    106453
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    534
    Twitter
    I don't post on twitz
    Phone
    Motorola droid 1
    #2
    Gingerbread:

    Os update

    Better speed and performance, and it looks quite nice

    Boots up significantly faster, if you use the kernal it comes with

    I love it, and I hope u do too

    Sent from my Full Android using Tapatalk
  4. Droid Ninja
    Dj Carpenter's Avatar
    Member #
    119273
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,448
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #3
    The tv animation for when the screen turns off is a nice addition as well.
    There is more to living than just existing.
    -Dj Carpenter
  5. Senior Droid
    datsyuk's Avatar
    Member #
    53692
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    120
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj Carpenter View Post
    The tv animation for when the screen turns off is a nice addition as well.
    I'm using Rebakedv2 right now and do not have the tv off animation like you do.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Dj Carpenter's Avatar
    Member #
    119273
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,448
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by datsyuk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj Carpenter View Post
    The tv animation for when the screen turns off is a nice addition as well.
    I'm using Rebakedv2 right now and do not have the tv off animation like you do.
    Actually, I don't have it
    I wish I did though. I'm running MIUI so I don't know if they'll even port that into the ROM or not. I don't know if any Gingerbread will be in there period. Only time will tell. Hopefully though, I like some of the features. The HTC Desire Gingerbread theme for Oxygen 2.0-RC1 has the animation so I don't know why yours wouldn't have it by now. I'm sure they're working on it though.
    There is more to living than just existing.
    -Dj Carpenter
  7. Senior Droid
    datsyuk's Avatar
    Member #
    53692
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    120
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #6
    Just making sure mine wasn't missing lol. Hopefully it comes in soon, that's pretty cool. My buddy with a Droid Incredible told me his does early today, didn't know what he was talking about until I just youtube'd it.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Dj Carpenter's Avatar
    Member #
    119273
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,448
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by datsyuk View Post
    Just making sure mine wasn't missing lol. Hopefully it comes in soon, that's pretty cool. My buddy with a Droid Incredible told me his does early today, didn't know what he was talking about until I just youtube'd it.
    Yeah, there is a video on the home/news page of a dev who has version out for the Incredible right now with the animation and a gingerbread boot animation, etc. Really surprised we haven't gotten it though. Especially with so many devs when it comes to the Droid 1.
    There is more to living than just existing.
    -Dj Carpenter
  9. Junior Droid
    KeithR's Avatar
    Member #
    34710
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    22
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #8
    miui was the first dev team i believe to promise a gingerbread update 2 weeks after the aosp was released. i guess that will be tomorrow, but it will probably first be in chinese and then translated to english eventually.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dj Carpenter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by datsyuk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj Carpenter View Post
    The tv animation for when the screen turns off is a nice addition as well.
    I'm using Rebakedv2 right now and do not have the tv off animation like you do.
    Actually, I don't have it
    I wish I did though. I'm running MIUI so I don't know if they'll even port that into the ROM or not. I don't know if any Gingerbread will be in there period. Only time will tell. Hopefully though, I like some of the features. The HTC Desire Gingerbread theme for Oxygen 2.0-RC1 has the animation so I don't know why yours wouldn't have it by now. I'm sure they're working on it though.
  10. Master Droid
    hoppermi's Avatar
    Member #
    102063
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    837
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Charge
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    miui was the first dev team i believe to promise a gingerbread update 2 weeks after the aosp was released. i guess that will be tomorrow, but it will probably first be in chinese and then translated to english eventually.

    The D1-MIUI rom will not be GB based anytime soon. MIUI develops for Nexus 1, Desire, and milestone. Nexus 1 will be first to get GB w/ all the updated drivers and other hardware specific files. Until motorola releases GB for Droid, all the builds will be using froyo proprietary files, this is why stuff isn't working fully in these source builds that are coming out.
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Super AMOLED+.....FTW!
  11. Junior Droid
    KeithR's Avatar
    Member #
    34710
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    22
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppermi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    miui was the first dev team i believe to promise a gingerbread update 2 weeks after the aosp was released. i guess that will be tomorrow, but it will probably first be in chinese and then translated to english eventually.

    The D1-MIUI rom will not be GB based anytime soon. MIUI develops for Nexus 1, Desire, and milestone. Nexus 1 will be first to get GB w/ all the updated drivers and other hardware specific files. Until motorola releases GB for Droid, all the builds will be using froyo proprietary files, this is why stuff isn't working fully in these source builds that are coming out.
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

    must have read it wrong as it was in chinese and my chinese isn't that good.
    they did say something about getting a release out 2 weeks after gingerbread code was released. i suppose it will be for the nexus one then.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. is the sears online deal real?
    By JoeStoppable in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-03-2011, 03:08 PM
  2. Whats the deal?
    By Big Fate in forum Droid X Hacks
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-17-2010, 11:30 AM
  3. Im Now Using a source ROM whats the big deal???
    By NYZ93 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 11:27 AM
  4. Whats the deal with MSN Hotmail
    By cybertec69 in forum HTC Droid Incredible
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-31-2010, 07:25 AM

Search tags for this page

gingerbread tv out
,

gingerbread tv out animation

,
gingerbread what is the big deal
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+