DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [IMPORTANT NOTICE] Future metiCkMod builds

1. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    826 times
    Twitter
    guidot42
    Phone
    i605/i9250/i515/XT862/A855
    Premium Member
    metiCk, it's been great talking with you regarding MIUI and MMod. I'm excited to see where this will go and you've left a great guy at the helm.

On a side note, I'd love to help when I can. Testing, whatever.

Merry Christmas if I don't talk to you all.

1.Need to Flash a ROM? - Flashing ROM - Best Practices
    2.How-To Setup a ROM/MOD/Theme Thread with prefix - Setup ROM/MOD/Theme Thread
    3.Guidelines of Conduct on Droidforums.net - Guidelines of Conduct
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 1
    I understand where you're coming from M1...you gotta keep those grades up. Do what you have to do...real life comes first.
    Sometimes a little break is a good thing. I just hope you have enough interest left to stick around with us for a while.
    I do have to ask though...will this also affect your contributions to Miui?
    Or are you thinking you can handle Miui but not do your own thing...

I have to thank you for your involvement here. I must've come along at the right time, cause I became a fan of yours shortly after I found this forum...and I've always loved your work.

And congrats to you Davros!
    You are certainly deserving with the efforts you have put in for us my friend.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Droid 1
    MetiCk, thanks for your work and special thanks for your helpful attitude. The grades are important, school is like ur job and grades ur performance evaluation.
    You seem to enjoy development so you do it well. Good luck and have fun.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    D3, D1, XOOM
    The only "non-stock" ROM I ever flashed...'nuff said.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DX2
    Dang now where am i going to get the cleanest rooted stock roms on the planet?

And if the m1mod goes community how is it going to achieve what it set out to do? And that is being stocky but better than plain stock threw subtle changes that are only there to improve performance and battery life.

If it goes community every one will wanna add there pieces and the rom will become a Frankenstein which is what I thought m1mod was against.

I just don't want m1mod to lose its roots and be just like all the other roms with more bloat than good. (no disrespect to other dev's)
    Last edited by infinity8x3; 12-21-2010 at 09:42 PM.
  6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Twitter
    davros
    Phone
    S4, GNex, Bionic, D3, D1, G1
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    MetiCkMOD will always be available
  7. Beta Team
    Member #
    Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
    Phone
    Droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Thanks for the love guys. I have a few things I want to say before everyone worries too much.

First thing. Davros will be basically taking over metiCkMod and handling most everything in the section. He's always been my right hand man so you shouldn't see too much of a difference in anything around here.

Second. I'll be continuing to make stock roms available as soon as I have access to them. It usually takes an hour or two to get them done from beginning to end. It's not time consuming at all.

Lastly. metiCkMod will continue as it is. A community rom can be a seperate rom under the section. metiCkMod is a stock/barebones rom and a community rom is usually not. At this point in time metiCkMod takes about 8 hours of building and about a day of testing. The time consuming stuff is finding out what will be added/taken out of the rom that was different from previous versions. If I were to reproduce what I did with metiCkMod v0.3 with a different base it would only take about 2 hours. Blackbar, addon zips and uploading the files take a lot of time though. So doesnt support and testing. A lot of these things Davros can do already.

The short of it is that metiCkMod in its current state isn't going anywhere. Future work will only be better than it is now. The work will just be shared among team members.

As Swallisa said early "It's all MIUI's fault" lol. I dont work on MIUI for this reason, besides the fact the Jamezelle doesn't really need my help
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    iphone4
    So glad to hear this from you! I too was worried that without someone with "final say" a community mod would turn into one of those "I want to see this this & that in it" roms.im really happy that davros will be handling that role I assume w/ you.I shamefully tried BB 6 for a short while yesterday and was not impressed.hope everything goes well for you.look forward seeing the next update. also would like to see your donate button remain close by. thanks!
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    Yeah ROMs are so much cleaner with a common stock base and everyone can add-on whatever they like to the common stock. I'm just at a loss as to why Bugless is so popular. It's never been good on my phones. Just a bunch-o-stuff added on by pete. This ROM has more potential, especially if people can learn how to mod it for themselves so to speak. Add-on this, remove that. There are always apps on the market for whatever you need. Need to mount sysrw or sysro without typing the whole command? There's app for that. Reboot and reboot recovery? App for that....

Who needs scripts I guess... Just gimme a stable ROM and I can figure out the rest. Just need a lesson on modding ROM for battery life. For instance, why does UD have the best battery life on my phone?.... I'd use it but it's buggy also... anyways my $0.05....(why isn't there a cents symbol on keyboard)

Edit: What are you in school for metick?
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @onsht1kll
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Good luck metiCkOne! We'll be here for you!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    Motorola Droid - MIUI ROM 1.3.25 with Killtime theme
    Slayher's 1.2 GHz Kernal w/out SetCPU
    MIUI Mods

HTC Thunderbolt - Gingeritis with Sense 3.0 with Imoseyons GB lean Kernal 2.8.2 Overclocked to 1.4 GHz
    Thunderbolt Mods
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links