Based of FRG83D Android Version 2.2.1
To keep your rom clean use titanium backup to integrate system app updates into system. This will effectively remove the deprecated app from system and place the update there. It's under batch options.
- Approximately 230mb free
- Completely optimized, OptiPNG & Zipaligned (metiCkOne)
- Stock kernel – (Defaults to 600mhz but can be overclocked to 800mhz, also allows for wired & wireless)
- ADBD runs as root by default now [eliminates the need to type "adb root" before remounting] (Credit to actngrezy)
- Updated Superuser to 184.108.40.206 & SU binary (Credit to ChainsDD)
- Installed BusyBox v1.16.2
- Symlinked everything that needs it
- Ads are blocked by default (Credit to Everyone who got the hosts!)
- Silenced Camera shutter sounds
- Added call ring delay (phone rings as soon as someone calls you)
- Added Wifi scan tweak to save battery life (Scans every 1.5 mins, instead of every 15 sec)
- Added VZW data throttle hack (prevents VZW from throttling down web speeds) (Credit to GeLopez)
- Removed a lot of dev scripts
- Removed Maps (Market download)
- Removed Street (Market download)
- Removed Voice Search (Market download)
- Removed Twitter (Download from Market)
- Removed Facebook (Download from Market)
- Removed CarHome (use carhome zip to reinstall)
- Removed VM stub (Download from Market)
- Removed Google Goggles (Download from Market)
- Removed SholesQuickOffice (added QuickOffice)
- Removed Boot animation
- Added Musicmod app (Credit to Eliot Stocker)
- Added CM Email App (Credit to Cyanogen)
- Added CM Alarm Clock (More settings) (Credit to Cyanogen)
- Added CM Soundrecorder app (w/ interface) (Credit to Cyanogen)
- Added generic QuickOffice app with interface to manage files
- Added Gingerbread Keyboard (Using Benny879's version, Thanks Benny!)
- Modded Launcher2 to remove unused jpg's
- Updated Messaging App (Credit to Cyanogenmod/ Koush) (Tons of options)
Recommendations: Don't use any root app to restore data. If you really want to restore your apps with Titanium or something like it you can do so without restoring the data that comes with the app. If you do this make sure you deselect any system apps like phone or camera.
KERNELS - Any kernel should work as long as they're using Koush's any kernel update format.
Slayer - http://android.antbox.org/slayher/kernels/
ChevyNo1 - http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/froyo/kernels3/
Clockworkmod Instructions: Place file anywhere on your sdcard, boot into recovery, select install zip from sdcard, choose zip from sdcard, and select the appropriate zip file.
SPRecovery Instructions: Rename file to update.zip, place on the root of your sdcard (meaning not in a folder on your sdcard), boot into recovery - install - Allow update.zip Installation - Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated)
Wipe or not? It is my recommendation that everyone wipes data & cache no matter what build they are coming from. Also, you should only use titanium to re-install apps without the data. It kinda sucks to re-enter all your info, accounts and bookmarks (especially with all these leaks) but in the end, if you run into problems you won't wonder if it’s because you didn't wipe data/cache.
Source Files - Rooted | Stock | Odexed & Deodexed | FRG83D