DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: metiCkMod | FRG83D | Froyo 2.2.1

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Thanks for the tip on adfree. Works great. again, rom is awesome.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    What is the difference between metiCkMod-FRG83D.zip and FRG83D-Odexed-m1.zip? Are they both rooted?
  3. Beta Team
    Member #
    Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
    Phone
    Droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DontCome2MyHouse View Post
    What is the difference between metiCkMod-FRG83D.zip and FRG83D-Odexed-m1.zip? Are they both rooted?
    Yeah they're both rooted. Metickmod is a custome version of frg83. There is a thread on it stuck in my section. The other one is a stock rom without any noticable edits.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by metiCkOne View Post
    Yeah they're both rooted. Metickmod is a custome version of frg83. There is a thread on it stuck in my section. The other one is a stock rom without any noticable edits.
    Thanks.

Noob question:
    When I reboot into Clockwork Recovery...I see "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition"....which one(s) do I select and do I select wipe data/cache BEFORE selecting "install zip from sdcard" or will that option come up when I install the zip?

Also, I've read that one should wipe data/cache 3 times just to make sure. True? How would I do that?
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    According to a few posts earlier... don't bother wiping more than once, you're wasting your time. Whenever you wipe data/factory reset, it's like starting with a clean slate on your phone. In the majority of cases, you just want to do each of the wiping options once and then install zip from sdcard.
  6. Beta Team
    Member #
    Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
    Phone
    Droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by metiCkOne View Post
    Thanks.

Noob question:
    When I reboot into Clockwork Recovery...I see "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition"....which one(s) do I select and do I select wipe data/cache BEFORE selecting "install zip from sdcard" or will that option come up when I install the zip?

Also, I've read that one should wipe data/cache 3 times just to make sure. True? How would I do that?
    you're going to want to wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition. They're two different partitions.

White Ash is right. You only need to wipe once. Your just wasting your time and battery after that.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by white_ash143 View Post
    According to a few posts earlier... don't bother wiping more than once, you're wasting your time. Whenever you wipe data/factory reset, it's like starting with a clean slate on your phone. In the majority of cases, you just want to do each of the wiping options once and then install zip from sdcard.
    OK. So when I select each of those (I'm guessing it doesn't matter which I choose first)...and it completes the wipe...it will take me back to the option menu of "install zip from sdcard" correct?

Also...If I want to install the zip Add-Ons...do I just put them on my SDcard, reboot into Clockwork Recovery and choose "install zip from SDcard", choose the zip Add-On and repeat the process for each Add-On? I'm assuming I don't wipe again for installing Add-Ons.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    No more wiping.... cuz then you're back to square one each time... lol... if you are familiar with formatting partitions on a computer it's the same concept.... be wary of which add-ons you flash back to back. Usually ROM's and google apps packages must be installed back to back but for other add-ons and what-not you will want to do each one separate and be sure to reboot and make a new backup after each one just in case one fails.

Edit: oops forgot which thread I was in... thought this was the regular stock ROM. Anyways, his add-ons restore apps that he trimmed off to lighten the ROM for us minimalist freaks. It's pretty much the same as taking his base stock ROM and just deleting certain apps out of /system.... not sure if that applies to ALL the ones he removed but most can be done that way.
    Last edited by white_ash143; 12-11-2010 at 10:13 PM.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by white_ash143 View Post
    No more wiping.... cuz then you're back to square one each time... lol... if you are familiar with formatting partitions on a computer it's the same concept.... be wary of which add-ons you flash back to back. Usually ROM's and google apps packages must be installed back to back but for other add-ons and what-not you will want to do each one separate and be sure to reboot and make a new backup after each one just in case one fails.

Edit: oops forgot which thread I was in... thought this was the regular stock ROM. Anyways, his add-ons restore apps that he trimmed off to lighten the ROM for us minimalist freaks. It's pretty much the same as taking his base stock ROM and just deleting certain apps out of /system.... not sure if that applies to ALL the ones he removed but most can be done that way.
    I would like to install all his add-ons on the OP. Do I need to reboot after each zip install? Again thanks for all the help.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    I would like to install all his add-ons on the OP. Do I need to reboot after each zip install? Again thanks for all the help.
    No you don't have to reboot each time. That's why I edited my post earlier. His add-ons are simply readding /system .apk's that he removed cuz they were deemed unnecessary for a barebones ROM.

Edit: It's the same thing as if you had a stock android ROM on your phone and deleted unnecessary .apk's that you don't use... like the dreaded Amazon mp3 app or corporate calendar.... stuff like that. If you plan on restoring all the add-ons then consider his stock deodexed FRG83D ROM. It has all the apps still in /system.
    Last edited by white_ash143; 12-11-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Links