DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 233

Thread: Rooted | Stock | Odexed & Deodexed | FRG83D

  1. Beta Team
    metiCkOne's Avatar
    Member #
    28203
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
    Posts
    1,717
    Phone
    Droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    #41
    As a general note to everyone:

    Wiping data/cache once is effective enough for rom switching/testing. Formatting partitions is effective enough for testing and piece of mind. I only wipe data and cache once even when going from CM to MIUI to stock to my roms. It's definitely enough. This whole wiping 3x and 5x is a myth. It doesn't do anything more than wiping once.
  2. Senior Droid
    Booch_21's Avatar
    Member #
    26963
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ashtabula, OH
    Posts
    160
    Phone
    iPhone 4
    #42
    Quote Originally Posted by metiCkOne View Post
    Oh yeah, what launcher/theme is that? I think I want it, I hope it runs on adw.
    I had been running ADW for quite awhile. When I updated to your Deodexed 83D, I checked out the theme threads that you had linked on Page 3 of this thread. I've been toying with going to LauncherPro Plus, to see what it offered, and I pulled the trigger today. Like the settings in ADW, I set LP up for 4 columns and 5 rows. Then I added the Dock and font packs attached, and changed the dock icons to the text style. Also attached are the AndroidCentral wallpapers that I used. I have both flavors attached, but I use the darker one. All this was done today and I have little clue what I'm doing.

    With the exception of the dock, this looks pretty much like what I had in ADW. This is my old look with ADW, 928Droid's Black Glass and your old 22D rom.

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rooted | Stock | Odexed &amp; Deodexed | FRG83D-ac1_nogradient.jpg   Rooted | Stock | Odexed &amp; Deodexed | FRG83D-ac2_nogradient.jpg  
    Attached Files

  3. Droid
    shdwjackal's Avatar
    Member #
    7641
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    51
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #43
    May have to check that out metiCkOne. Although I prefer the stock look, I like to venture out every once in a while. And you know, I do the whole 3 x wipe thing myself. Yeah, I'm a sheep. LMAO Thanks for the iinsight, I really appreciate it. Nice to pick up something just from browsing the forums. And now for another Q. If my intent is to remove FB when I donwload the deodexed version, all I need to do is go in with Root Explorer and delete the .apk file, right? Thanks again.
  4. Beta Team
    metiCkOne's Avatar
    Member #
    28203
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
    Posts
    1,717
    Phone
    Droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    #44
    Quote Originally Posted by shdwjackal View Post
    May have to check that out metiCkOne. Although I prefer the stock look, I like to venture out every once in a while. And you know, I do the whole 3 x wipe thing myself. Yeah, I'm a sheep. LMAO Thanks for the iinsight, I really appreciate it. Nice to pick up something just from browsing the forums. And now for another Q. If my intent is to remove FB when I donwload the deodexed version, all I need to do is go in with Root Explorer and delete the .apk file, right? Thanks again.
    Yeah, or if you're using a computer to download the file you could unzip the rom and go to /system/app and delete facebook.apk and whatever else you dont want as long as you know what apks are okay to delete and then rezip and flash.
  5. Beta Team
    metiCkOne's Avatar
    Member #
    28203
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
    Posts
    1,717
    Phone
    Droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Booch_21 View Post

    I had been running ADW for quite awhile. When I updated to your Deodexed 83D, I checked out the theme threads that you had linked on Page 3 of this thread. I've been toying with going to LauncherPro Plus, to see what it offered, and I pulled the trigger today. Like the settings in ADW, I set LP up for 4 columns and 5 rows. Then I added the Dock and font packs attached, and changed the dock icons to the text style. Also attached are the AndroidCentral wallpapers that I used. I have both flavors attached, but I use the darker one. All this was done today and I have little clue what I'm doing.

    With the exception of the dock, this looks pretty much like what I had in ADW. This is my old look with ADW, 928Droid's Black Glass and your old 22D rom.
    In my quest for perfection I have run all of the main launchers for awhile each and decided that ADW 1.2.0 is the best. I'm not keen on 1.3.0 because of the trash at the top of the screen like miui. If you set drawer opening speed down to 300ish it works great. I used to hate the overshoot when moving between screens but it's grown on me. Plus adw uses less system resources to run than LP.
  6. Junior Droid
    monty75's Avatar
    Member #
    137239
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #46
    Uggh, I am so new at this and so much of what everyone else reads as straightforward instruction looks like greek to me. Can you tell me how to "boot into recovery?" I was given a link to your files/instructions in another thread (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ml#post1070456) in response to my request for info on getting to a point where my phone is either still rooted or rerooted after the new update. I don't know much on the subject, just learned what I needed to root my Moto Droid (os 2.2) last week so I could usb tether and eventually learn enough to have more control of my phone's usability. Now I'm wondering if I should even get this update or just leave things as they are so I can continue to tether to my Macbook Pro...
  7. Droid
    shdwjackal's Avatar
    Member #
    7641
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    51
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #47
    Quote Originally Posted by monty75 View Post
    Uggh, I am so new at this and so much of what everyone else reads as straightforward instruction looks like greek to me. Can you tell me how to "boot into recovery?" I was given a link to your files/instructions in another thread (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ml#post1070456) in response to my request for info on getting to a point where my phone is either still rooted or rerooted after the new update. I don't know much on the subject, just learned what I needed to root my Moto Droid (os 2.2) last week so I could usb tether and eventually learn enough to have more control of my phone's usability. Now I'm wondering if I should even get this update or just leave things as they are so I can continue to tether to my Macbook Pro...
    It will come man. And you are in the right place to find out. I don't pretend to know a lot, but I just tried ot learn one piece at a time. I rooted and ran stock rooted for a while. Then I tried a ROM, and dabbled between them figuring out which ones worked for me and why. It will come with time. Check out tutorials here, and youtube is also a great resource as you can see all the steps people follow.
  8. Junior Droid
    monty75's Avatar
    Member #
    137239
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #48
    Thanks for the kind words, shdwjackal. For now I just need to figure out how to add this update (if I even need to) and get back on track with my rooted phone so I can keep tethering (usb).
  9. Senior Droid
    Booch_21's Avatar
    Member #
    26963
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ashtabula, OH
    Posts
    160
    Phone
    iPhone 4
    #49
    I've got a strange one happening now. I had a call come in and couldn't get to it in time. I saw the phone restart. So I called it and as I went to voice mail, the Droid rebooted again. Anyone reporting this? Not sure what is causing that one yet. Just saw it do it a few minutes ago.

    Thanks!

    [Edit 18:00 EST] I am reinstalling the Deodexed version to make sure its clean. I installed a different overclock kernel over yours. Maybe that is it. Will know soon.
    [Edit 18:15 EST] Install of ROM went fine, Droid working fine. Installing Blackbar again.
    [Edit 18:30 EST] Ok, Blackbar install done. Called phone and when it went to VM, it rebooted. Now I will reinstall 83D Rom only, but it looks like Blackbar has something going on, from my guess.
    [Edit 18:45 EST] Just to be certain, I downloaded a recent copy of Chevy's 1.1Ghz ULV kernel to try it and rule it out. Phone answered and did not reboot. By process of elimination, that leaves Blackbar. Hope some of what I found helps!
    Last edited by Booch_21; 12-09-2010 at 04:45 PM.

  10. Droid
    shdwjackal's Avatar
    Member #
    7641
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    51
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #50
    Quote Originally Posted by monty75 View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, shdwjackal. For now I just need to figure out how to add this update (if I even need to) and get back on track with my rooted phone so I can keep tethering (usb).
    This is an older youtube video, but it was one of the first one's I watched and it kind of got me in the right direction. They have a few videos in there and they are pretty good, IMO. DO NOT follow the steps they lay out!!! I said that because they are for an older version of Android, and you are already rooted. Just pay attention to what their doing, and a lot o the language they use as you will hear it again.

    Last edited by shdwjackal; 12-09-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Root/Stock Froyo 2.2.1 [De]Odexed version?
    By jhom in forum Android Roms
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 07:09 AM
  2. Squid2-D2 for fullblur or deodexed stock or stock squidly
    By squidlymandingo in forum Droid 2 Roms
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-07-2010, 05:54 PM
  3. Rooted | Stock | Odexed & Deodexed | FRG22D
    By metiCkOne in forum Android Roms
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 01:46 PM
  4. [Release] Stock ESE81(2.1)-Deodexed
    By woodyman in forum Droid Concepts
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 08:00 PM
  5. Stock ESE81-Deodexed???
    By ecsnead69 in forum Droid Concepts
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-23-2010, 08:13 AM

Search tags for this page

android central
,
android central wallpaper
,
android wallpaper
,
deodexed
,
deodexed vs odexed
,
difference between odexed and deodexed
,

frg83d

,

frg83d sbf

,
odexed or deodexed
,
stock rooted frg83d
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+