DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Verizon starts their 4G ad campaigns... looking good

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Premium Member

Verizon starts their 4G ad campaigns... looking good

One thing I've loved about Verizon has been their marketing campaigns. The Droid ads in particular have been good, high tech and full of the message that you get more for your dollar with their lineup. Conversely, the Apple campaigns have been simple and more 'elitist' to me. Whatever floats your boat, but my personal opinion has been that Verizon has done a better job.

Let's hope that their kick off of their LTE/4G Network will do the same. This first commercial is an "OK" start, but I think they can do better. Verizon should start rolling out 4G service en masse in December. I'll keep my fingers crossed that my local area is one of the early upgrade areas.

(Source: BGR)

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    395 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    IMO, that commercial kind of sucked. I mean, hes excited to get it and in the end throws it away. Oh well, my DX isn't LTE compatible and won't be getting LTE in my area for ages I'm sure.
    -------------------------------
    HTC One M8
    -------------------------------
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Fascinate
    yeah, the commercial didnt really show off that tests have shown it to be 10x faster than sprint or t-mobile... I do however like the end part, 'the most advanced 4g network in the world'.
    Samsung Fascinate
    EC01 Debloated
    1.3 GHz VooDoo kernel
    Mix of themes
  5. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Twitter
    Bazar6
    Phone
    GNex & Xoom & OG Droid
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    meh. It was good for the first half. Throwing a lightning bolt kinda ruined it. Was expecting something like the Apple iPhone commercials. If they had stuck with a droid style commercial, like the DInc or D1, but cater to all phones, think it would start the hype up a little better. O well, I'm not on the creative board, just their customer.

Where can you find a map of early upgrades for 4G, and in what areas this will be available to first? Because I'm only a few miles outside of DC, I'm sure this area will very near the top of the upgrade list.

Thanks for story!
    Moto Droid 1 : Project Elite v4.2
    HTC Thunderbolt : Sold
    Samsung Droid Charge : Stock
    Moto Xoom Wifi : CM10.1
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus : CM10.2
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Quote Originally Posted by bazar6 View Post
    Where can you find a map of early upgrades for 4G, and in what areas this will be available to first? Because I'm only a few miles outside of DC, I'm sure this area will very near the top of the upgrade list.

Thanks for story!
    4G LTE Network | Verizon Wireless

Don't count on any particular 'areas' as much as being near/around one of the major airports that they're starting with. My work is within a mile of Nashville airport and it's scheduled to be serviced before the end of the year just hope they release a decent Android phone to go with it.
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Course that depends on the pricing too...
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    I thought it was like 30 cities? It's airports? I go to college in philly but in summer live 45 minutes away, that's too far away to get 4g right?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamPA1006 View Post
    I thought it was like 30 cities? It's airports? I go to college in philly but in summer live 45 minutes away, that's too far away to get 4g right?

I thought it was both. Like 30 cities and 100 airports
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Quote Originally Posted by 52brandon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamPA1006 View Post

I thought it was both. Like 30 cities and 100 airports
    It is, but it's more airports 'and' then cities, at least from my understanding, the city coverage will be centered around/in the airports and then go outwards (for those cities that are getting coverage). Not 100% sure but I know many of the cities on the roll-out list have airports near by. Case in point here in Nashville. Others (like Charlotte, NC) the airports are a good distance away from the 'city' and even though the airport is listed the 'city' isn't (and if it was just based on population or $$$ Charlotte would be on the list before Nashville). Time will tell though.
  11. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by johnomaz View Post
    IMO, that commercial kind of sucked. I mean, hes excited to get it and in the end throws it away. Oh well, my DX isn't LTE compatible and won't be getting LTE in my area for ages I'm sure.
    Don't feel bad. I am in the Albany, NY area; and when EV-DO first rolled out, we were one of the last areas to get it. I don't see how LTE will be any different. I had my Moto E815 for months before I was actually able to use it to its full potential. I fear the same will be true when I get an LTE capable phone.

Nevermind that we're the capital of the freakin' state, when it comes to VZW services, we always get the good stuff last.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links