DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First VZW 4G handset(s) in February

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    One of those places where we have a lot of sweet tea.
    Phone
    droid 4

I am not sure that there is not already bottleneck issues now..

I have removed Lookout from my phone twice now. Verizon installed it the first timefor some oddity issues. I went back out and reinstalled it when my virtual keyboards started duplicating letters. The past few days I have hit refresh and stop several times because the speeds I was accustom to just arent there. I remember reading other posters saying similar remarks and after seeing this bit am wondering if "the network" is burdened. The unfairness to an average user is what guarantees me that what I am accustom to and started out with as rapid fast is now going to inch along like a modem line? Who makes that call initially? Buy your fast device today to get hooked, to slow it down tomorrow. Bummer.
    Some days...you cannot run the show...just go with it. Why? The word mutiny. Because? My mutiny wins when I have had my fill. Today I am likely just going with it....
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note
    Glad I didn't bother waiting and got my first smartphone, a Droid X last week after years of LG clamshell phones.
  3. mip
    Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

4G my butt

Media crap... 4G means 4th generation NOT 4G speeds.

Please do not be sucked into thinking if you get these phones you will automatically get up to 1Gbit/s

4G - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @onsht1kll
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by mip View Post
    Media crap... 4G means 4th generation NOT 4G speeds.

Please do not be sucked into thinking if you get these phones you will automatically get up to 1Gbit/s

4G - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

lol huh?? who said anything about 1GB/s?? 4G is 4th generation data yes. . which also equates to their own 4G speed .. there is no bench mark for what 4G speeds are or 3G speeds or any other. . thats why Sprint can market their technology as 4G cuz its their 4th generation .. in terms of speed they will be the slowest 4G speeds ot of any carrier . . but i'm not getting where or what you think a 4G speed is?
    Motorola Droid - MIUI ROM 1.3.25 with Killtime theme
    Slayher's 1.2 GHz Kernal w/out SetCPU
    MIUI Mods

HTC Thunderbolt - Gingeritis with Sense 3.0 with Imoseyons GB lean Kernal 2.8.2 Overclocked to 1.4 GHz
    Thunderbolt Mods
  5. mip
    Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    BGR has a good article on it..

The 4G forgery | BGR | Boy Genius Report

Here is a bit of information that should set you back in your seats. Many of you have been anticipating the new 4G network being launched by your carriers. Recently the ITU (International Telecommunication Union) has defined 4G and no current or near-term carrier networks fit the definition. The official definition, summarised of course, is for a "4G"service to qualify is it must deliver peak download speeds of approximately 100Mbps in high-mobility environments (cell [COLOR=#C80000 ! important][COLOR=#C80000 ! important]phones[/COLOR][/COLOR]) and peak download speeds of approximately 1Gbps in low-mobility environments. The current networks offering this supposed technology such as WiMAX, LTE and HSPA+ certainly do not meet this definition.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @onsht1kll
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by mip View Post
    BGR has a good article on it..

The 4G forgery | BGR | Boy Genius Report

Here is a bit of information that should set you back in your seats. Many of you have been anticipating the new 4G network being launched by your carriers. Recently the ITU (International Telecommunication Union) has defined 4G and no current or near-term carrier networks fit the definition. The official definition, summarised of course, is for a "4G"service to qualify is it must deliver peak download speeds of approximately 100Mbps in high-mobility environments (cell [COLOR=#C80000 ! important][COLOR=#C80000 ! important]phones[/COLOR][/COLOR]) and peak download speeds of approximately 1Gbps in low-mobility environments. The current networks offering this supposed technology such as WiMAX, LTE and HSPA+ certainly do not meet this definition.

Sounds political at this point.. the article even says that the ITU came out with the 4G term after they already started using all the these terms in the industry .. makes you wonder what they base all this stuff off of .. for a mobile carrier to even hit 1 GB/s would be crazy! is the ITU using 4G for landline too? but for the average consumer they just know 4G is faster than 3G . .only techies will even know what a real "4G" speed "should be" .. think it was AT&T that started the whole 3G marketing thing wasn't it?
    Motorola Droid - MIUI ROM 1.3.25 with Killtime theme
    Slayher's 1.2 GHz Kernal w/out SetCPU
    MIUI Mods

HTC Thunderbolt - Gingeritis with Sense 3.0 with Imoseyons GB lean Kernal 2.8.2 Overclocked to 1.4 GHz
    Thunderbolt Mods
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid1 Droid2 Evo4g
    Quote Originally Posted by BUFFALOMADMAN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RETG View Post
    When LTE comes to my area, probably one of the last areas to get LTE, I will not have a problem paying extra for the speed, as long as it is reasonable.

If they offer an unlimited plan similar to 3G, and it is $10 more per month, I'll sign up for it.

However, I would like to see them hit hard against those who are illegally tethering and who will slow down the system. They should pay more than a person just using a phone for service. Sorry, not popular with many, but my view.

If I ever decide to tether, I will do it legally. It is the right thing to do.
    Illegally doing it? Who says it is illegal Cell Phone companys because they cant make money from it. Comon Man be real your going to sit here and be Mr. Moral! Well I got something for you how about the cell phone companys stop charging for a service that should come with you unlimited data package. So in reality it is not illegal there just mad because they cannot collect on it and for you I would have no idea why you are mad unless you own the company.
    He probably thinks rooting is a federal offense too.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I hope this one would be much more powerful and faster.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links