DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battle of the 4G - Verizon Throws First Blow

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    incredible
    I live in cali and get 2.5 down and .5 up on my incredible and dont matter what time of day.. Cant wait for 4g phones!

Does anyone no if you can be on a phone call and search web with Lte? That would be nice!

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Let me know when LTE hits Raleigh, NC and then I'll care...

Any clues on when it will? My upgrade won't hit until February or March, and if it looks like LTE will be coming soon thereafter, I'll gladly wait to upgrade.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    Full size so you can see all the text/details:

4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Pro
    It's like Verizon and AT&T are second graders sticking their tongues out at each other.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    AT&T SGS2
    Quote Originally Posted by rivera82falcon View Post
    I was at the IACP Conference in Orlando a few weeks ago and spoke with the Verizon reps there that has information about the 4G network. What is going to happen is Verizon will begin to install 4G antennas basically before releasing the phones. The first 4G phone is currently rumored to appear around the 2nd or 3rd quarter of 2011.

That was pretty much the main gist of it which I believe is smarter because they won't run into issues like those with Sprint.
    You dealt with an uninformed rep as CEO Ivan Seidenberg says first phone in February (AKA Q1).

Verizon hints at LTE pricing based on data speed - FierceWireless

In the end AT&T, T-Mo, VZW or Sprint by standard do not and will not have true 4G. I dumped VZW almost a month a go for T-Mobile. I don't need the speeds but my G2 pulls near 10MB Down and 2MB Up at times. Typically it is 5MB Down and 2MB both 2X plus than my Droid and Droid X. I don't think LTE is going to take off like they want because of the cost. Who knows they might make it reasonable
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    i dont think this will work properly or be awesome enough until the end of next year. I doubt they have most towers ready for LTE and 4G phones wont be everywhere until the end of next year as well. And if there does happen to be a flurry of 4G phones coming the beginning of next year then i doubt vzw's network can handle all the traffic they already have. Here in Seattle VZW sucks (i think there might be 4G now or soon). My 3G goes nuts all the time and i havent tested the speeds i get but doesnt seem to be that fast. And with 4G errbody is going to jump on the boat and going to put a drag on the network. I want the extra speed but i doubt the price would be reasonable and the speed would be what they hype to be.
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    I'm in the same boat as others... hard to get excited about LTE when it's gonna be a while before I see it in my area.

... especially hard to get excited when new devices are being pushed back for LTE capability and I won't be able to take advantage. So I'm forced to wait to upgrade so a feature I can't use is added ....

I don't think any of the carriers are gonna be able to touch Verizon's 4G however.... once it's rolling.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Twitter
    XSYLUS_DEV
    Phone
    DROID 4 • Cricket Wireless
    I've been seeing T-Mobile commercials taunting AT&T with their 4G service as well. The chick on a super fast looking motorcycle and the guy with AT&T are riding on a kids toy. Their basic premise is that AT&T is slowing their customers down. In the end though, I think that AT&T's biggest competitor is AT&A!
    “Innovation is not the product of logical thought..." ~Albert Einstein
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    RyanPm40
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Why are people complaining about Verizon's 3G? It is seriously just about as fast as my wifi network, and I have comcast highspeed internet. I think some of you just live in crappy areas, because my internet is lightning fast on my phone:P
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I have the fastest speed vs my t-mobile, at&t, and sprint friends. We have contests at the office sometimes to see who is fastest. I live in southern california and consistently get 700-1000 up and 1.5-2.5 down according to Speed Test. Most of the time my iphone/att friend gets 100-250 up and 400-700 down lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanPm40 View Post
    Why are people complaining about Verizon's 3G? It is seriously just about as fast as my wifi network, and I have comcast highspeed internet. I think some of you just live in crappy areas, because my internet is lightning fast on my phone:P
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links