DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Samsung passes Motorola and HTC in Android sales

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    That was in reply to RETG....
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by droidphreak View Post
    I donít think its any coincidence that Google chose Samsung to be the next maker of the Nexus. Samsung may have f'ed up software. But their hardware is a notch above Moto and HTC. And Iím not talking about the plastic back. Iím talking about the guts. Processors and screens are much better than anything Moto or HTC has to offer atm.
    But....factor in the GPS and the stall issues and if their next wave of phones and the Nexus 2 has the same issues...they shoulda stuck with HTC or gave Moto a shot.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Fascinate
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by droidphreak View Post
    I donít think its any coincidence that Google chose Samsung to be the next maker of the Nexus. Samsung may have f'ed up software. But their hardware is a notch above Moto and HTC. And Iím not talking about the plastic back. Iím talking about the guts. Processors and screens are much better than anything Moto or HTC has to offer atm.
    But....factor in the GPS and the stall issues and if their next wave of phones and the Nexus 2 has the same issues...they shoulda stuck with HTC or gave Moto a shot.
    GPS is a software issue. And it will be remedied in the update as per the testers of the software atm say the GPS is fixed with the update. And with googles blessing im betting that Samsung will be the first to start rolling out 2.3 on their devices. At least they will stay in line with the others. I wouldnt count Samsung out by a longshot. It wasnt too far in the past that Moto almost went belly up. If it wasnt for the Droid and Vzw they wouldnt be around not. And that was a year ago! Samsung is here to stay and has the tech behind them to be a force. Watch and see.
  4. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    KookDoes
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RETG View Post
    Just because an item sells more models, does not mean it is a better phone. Chevy outsells Mercedes, Taurus outsells SIG, so Samsung outsells Motorola.
    I believe the main difference with those are price point. Samsung and Motorola are in the same price range.
    Search "kookahdoo" on the market for my themed apps.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    If a person likes unreal over-saturated colors, and likes bluish tinted white backgrounds, then from my research (that is viewing at stores and playing with a Fascinate of a friend), then the Samsung is a great idea. However, from most of the stuff I read, if you are not playing games, the X is faster.

And from doing web searches and other things when playing on these phones, it is apparent to me that the X is faster. Then again, I stopped playing games on computer (have never on a phone) years ago.

HTC makes nice phones, but again research tells me the radio is not as good at obtaining signals in fringe areas. From the looks, I like HTC models, but reception is a bit more important than looks.

But like trucks, everyone will say what they own is the best. No one wants to admit they don't have the best. Maybe after I purchase an Android come Dec 2, I might be the same way. But right now, reading the internet, playing with the phones in stores and those phones of friends, I have totally ruled out Samsung. Over-saturated, bluish tinted screen colors is not what I want, can't read the screen with polarized sunglasses on, and yes, it feels like a plastic toy phone they used to sell for five year olds.

I have not totally ruled out HTC. It will not be the DInc, screen is too small. But that new rumored device might be an option if it comes out in time for Verizon, and it gets good reception in fringe areas.
    C3H6N6O6 + (CH2)8(COOC8H17)2 + C4H8 + C5H8

Droid Razr Maxx HD

6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Fascinate
    lol if you dont like it don't buy it But numbers dont lie and Samsung is ahead of moto and by alot. Hate on Samsung all you want. The proof is in the math.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Well....if you do the math.....

If Moto woulda had an X on all 4 carriers.....the numbers might be a lil closer...lol

MLK, Jr.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Its not hating on Samsung....like you say, the proof is in the math..

MLK, Jr.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A955
    I guess it's not PC but I like to see an American company compete well and maybe even win once in a while.

Technically Challenged
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Fascinate
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    Well....if you do the math.....

If Moto woulda had an X on all 4 carriers.....the numbers might be a lil closer...lol
    No doubt the X would have been a huge success if it was cross carrier. Im sure some contract with Vzw is the limiting factor there. Dont get me wrong I love the X and D2. I think they are great devices. But they need to step up their game to compete in a world market. And stop screwing their costomers over with locked bootloaders and re-releasing phones a few months after they originally released with better specs. These factors only piss their customer base off.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links