Who can produce the best theme:
DroidForums, Htc Incredible forum, and Droid X Forum
Holiday Theme Contest:
WHO: DroidForums, Droid X Forums, and HTC Incredible Forum
members, beta team members, and developers.
Purpose: To have holiday themes for members for the holidays
When: 11/15/2010 to 12/15/10
Where: there will be a thread on all three participating forums
Prizes: 1st: $75 + Get theme posted on front page
2nd: $25 + Get theme posted on front page
3rd: Get theme posted on front page
1. Only three winners regardless of device or whether it is stock or rooted
2. Must be a member of DroidForums or one of the sister forums.
3. All are eligible to participate including devs and dev teams. For dev teams we will donate the winnings to the pay pal account linked to the team donate button. You do not have to be a part of a dev team to win. All members of droidforums or their sister site are eligible of winning.
4. The Theme can not brick or bootloop a device, it has to be a functioning theme. If it does not work, the theme will be disqualified.
5. Members of the mod team or rs team from Droidforums or their sister forums are not eligible to win. They can make a theme for fun but it will not be judged, hence no chance of winning.
6. Themes must be submitted with in the time frame. (11/15/2010 to 12/15/10 )
7. If it is a rom, you can not charge for it and it can not contain pirated apps. The rom or theme must be your work, copied work (aka:Kanged work) will result in DQ'ed.
8. Along with the zip file of your theme please post screen shots and/or video clips.
the dream theme's jolly theme is up and running
the thread is located here
A JOLLY THEME
I will post my theme here as well just in case some people do not visit the regular droidxforums.com site. They'll have access to it here.
My submission for the Droid Forums Holiday theme contest.
For the Droid X ONLY!
Only made for the stock 2.2 OTA ROM.
Must be rooted, deodexed, have bootstrapper installed and the Droid X recovery to use.
Theme file download: REMEMBER...FOR DROID X ONLY!!!!
First up, the boot animation:
Animated preview can be seen here:
Next, screen shots of the theme:
Elements of the phone that have been modified:
Finally, the Launcher Pro dock background. This file gets installed directly to your SD card (included in the theme, no need to put on your SD card separately). If you use LP, simply add it as your background for the dock.
*/system/app/Settings.apk (app icon and menu icons)
*/system/app/GenieWidget.apk (for widget)
*/system/app/Music.apk (for widget)
*/system/app/BlurHome.apk (soley for wallpapers)
*/system/app/com.quoord.tapatalkdrodiforums.activity-1.apk (icon change only)
--------Some elements are difficult to capture such as the "loading" spinner,
but you can see the screenshot with the DroidForums Tapatalk app
has the snowflake that spins. Other various edits have been made
but you'll have to find them.
*/system/framework/services.jar (text color changes)
To install my theme:
1. Download the theme file and place on your SD card.
2. Open Droid X Bootstrapper: Press Bootstrap Recovery, wait for success. Then Reboot Recovery.
3. From recovery menu, select "install zip from sdcard"
4. Select "choose zip from sdcard"
5. Navigate to "DF_Holiday_Theme.zip" and select.
6. Let the file install.
7. Reboot your phone. May take a few moments because services.jar needs to make some changes to text colors.
8. Most importantly, ENJOY!
I hope you enjoy my theme and have a Happy Holidays!
Here's my entry. Took longer than I expected, but when I themed certain things, I started seeing more stuff I wanted to theme to make it look better. I couldn't stop....haha. So I forced myself to stop....otherwise, I'd never get it entered.
I made it ONLY for UD 2.3. I'm not going to port it to any other ROMs, but feel free to port it yourself. I'll even host it on my server so you can have a direct download. Just please don't try and submit it as your own. PC747 already knows.
I made an ADW Launcher theme. Just install it with Astro or Root Explorer. It's a great addition to the theme and completes it. I provided a download for DF members to enjoy, but you can find it on the market for .99 and I would greatly appreciate a donation.
I also made a matching Beautiful Widgets skin. So if you have the app, you can unzip it and drag the folder into data/beautifulwidgets/skins and it should come up as an option.
Beautiful Widgets Skin
ADW Launcher Theme
Kooky just let me join Team Fusion so I would like to enter for the team.
Here it is:
Here is my theme. Sick of tweaking it so I am posting it.
Phone Model - Droid 1
Rom - Bugless Beast 0.5
Installation - Rename file to Update.zip and place on sd card
CW - open ROM Manager and choose "Install ROM from SD Card"
Find the update.zip and choose it.
I strongly recommend backing up existing ROM
SP - place Update.zip in root of SD card. Reboot into recovery. choose apply update.zip
Changed system font
screenshots continued (2)
I am posting a theme for Barracudacm:
Here is the link to ChristmasFission 2.3.1
Here is the link to ChristmasTranquility3.6
And for what its worth here is my personal theme that is also my favorite BlueNebraska for Fission 2.3.1
Copying Hot Taco Cheese theme from the htc inc forum.
Hot Taco Holiday Theme
Here is my theme. I haven't had too much time lately so it may look kind of sloppy.
-Some Framework (I hate having my status bar compete with the rest of the screen, so that is why it is kind of dull and transparent.)
Must be rooted.
Must be on n_i_x's MIUI 11.26 or higher.
Put on sd card
MAKE A BACKUP
Flash in recovery.
Enjoy my theme!
<--- That is the download link just in case you did not know.
Note: You may judge this, but I AM NOT DONE. More will be added right before the deadline of 11:59 PM.
Me - Making the Theme
The members of the Incredible Forum - suggestions and emotional support