DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Droid Pro And Droid 2 Global Pre Order Begin

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    352 times
    Twitter
    droidforums
    Premium Member

Droid Pro And Droid 2 Global Pre Order Begin

The Droid Pro and Droid 2 global edition are two devices that we are very excited about, and with that said, you can now pre-order these new Droids directly from VerizonWireless.com If you place your order today, you're more likely to get it before even these droids land at your local VZW store.

Now as for choice, here are a few specs for both the devices. The Droid Pro has a nice 3.2 inch display, front facing keyboard, and other aspects that make it a great “welcome home” device for Blackberry users that are ready to make the jump to Android. The Droid 2 global is simply the regular D2 with a newer 1.2GHz faster processor, and a sim card slot for those that travel or just want to unlock the phone to use on AT&T or T-mobile.

Both devices are very good, so now let’s just see how the sales figures look at the end of the month. We know the numbers might not never touch that of the original Motorola Droid, but the Droid Pro is the first of its kind in this market space, so it’s a bit unpredictable.

By Wen
    Buy The Droid Pro: Set Your Location

Buy The Droid 2 Global: Set Your Location

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    DROID - rooted
    White Droid sounds interesting haha
    Ultimate Droid
    Need help rooting or putting on a custom ROM? PM me!!!

Thanks for allowing me to be the second member ever for the Spotlight of the Week in the Rescue Squad section!!

4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Nice not gunna get any devices but I love how the droid 2 global just came out and its already available in white.

5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Won't get either, as I am just holding out to see what awesome 4G phones will be available for Verizon come February or March when I am eligible for my upgrade. However, that also depends on when 4G will be coming to Raleigh, so I could just hold off a bit on that. Plus, I also need to weigh on whats going to happen with the iPhone coming to Verizon.

If all of that happens and the network gets bogged, there is a good chance I make the switch to Sprint whenever the next generation Evo comes out. I love those phones, and if they can fix their battery life issues, they will have me sold.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    vzw s3
    I love my Droid but miss my complicated,3 battery pulls a day, slow web browsing, 3g only blackberry ..Droid pro I think would settle my craving
    The latest ain't always the greatest!
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Hmmm, all past pre-sales I've seen from verizon have always had the little "ships on x/xx" sticker on the picture of the phone. I went through the motions of the checking out process with the droid 2 and they have overnight shipping available and no mentions of pre-sale, I think these are on sale now.

Engadget seems to think so as well..

Droid Pro on sale a little early, shipping now -- Engadget
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Blackberry Bold 9650
    I think I'm just going to get the origional Droid 2 since it is cheaper. I don't really travel out of the country & I just want an Android phone. I might as well save $50 while I still can. Also I'm impatient & don't feel like waiting for a phone that's already out lol. It looks like tomorrow's the day I get my Droid 2!
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Dunno man, that's saving $50 bucks for %20 less processor.... might seem like nothing now, but could make your phone last a few more months in the future.

Just logged into my verizon account, and there I did see pre-order buttons for the droid pro, but not for the droid 2... so maybe the D2 is ready but not the DP.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I spoke to a rep at my local VZW store this morning, who said she was fairly certain her shipment of Droid Pros was coming in this afternoon. I'm wondering if that means they'll be selling them in the stores sooner than the 18th?
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Razr Maxx
    Droid 2 global is available today, I'm going to try to get one on wednesday.
    Verizon quietly launches Motorola Droid 2 Global | The Digital Home - CNET News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links