DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 52 of 210 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    yea so why not call and upgrade, right?

she doesnt have a smartphone though, shes using and old lg chocolate, will she still be able to get unl data?

Yup, unlimited data regardless of what type of phone, more shared minutes on the plan and the Friends and Family numbers which in my case is like adding another 1000 minutes a month!

The one thing not mentioned by me yet is that each lines contract will be extended to one year from the day you take the offer. This may have no effect as anyone with a two year contract may be that far already.

This does not effect the upgrade dates.
  2. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    I called... at first they told me it wasn't available in my area. I questioned that nicely, and she told me "because it's just a trial offer it's only available in certain areas" So I asked to speak to a supervisor.

She came back on the line after about 10 minutes and told me she has talked to a supervisor and...

I pay 59.99 for 900 minutes with 5 Friends and Family numbers. I also pay 10.00 a month for unlimited texting to Verizon phones and 500 texts to other carriers. My data plan is 29.99 for my Droid 2. $99.99 a month total.

If they put me on the promotional plan, I would only have 450 minutes. I would not have the 5 friends and family numbers any more. It would end up costing me 10 bucks a month less but I would lose minutes and friends and family. I dont know but something smells hinky about it...
  3. budmonster
    Quote Originally Posted by stratjb View Post
    yea so why not call and upgrade, right?

she doesnt have a smartphone though, shes using and old lg chocolate, will she still be able to get unl data?
    Yup, unlimited data regardless of what type of phone, more shared minutes on the plan and the Friends and Family numbers which in my case is like adding another 1000 minutes a month!

The one thing not mentioned by me yet is that each lines contract will be extended to one year from the day you take the offer. This may have no effect as anyone with a two year contract may be that far already.

This does not effect the upgrade dates.
    I'm only on a 1 year contract and my contract end date is coming up, its on 02/01/11.

My girlfriend eligible for an upgrade on: 11/20/10
    I'm eligible for an upgrade on: 12/01/10
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    This $69.99 plan is a great idea, and I can't wait to sell it. It's also probably the only way I could afford my smartphone...if I wasn't a premium retail rep with an employee liable plan (can't beat a $30 phone plan!).

Can't wait to sell this as well. I think it will draw plenty of newer customers who can't afford these big giant phone bills, but who still want a smart phone. Puts us right in line with Sprint, but with a better network/more coverage. Hopefully they roll it out nationwide soon...before Christmas would be nice!
  5. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    I'm on the phone with them again. I told her about seeing it on this forum and that numerous people posted that they were able to keep their friends and family numbers. She put me on hold to talk to a supervisor. Hee Hee...
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by MattyP View Post
    I'm on the phone with them again. I told her about seeing it on this forum and that numerous people posted that they were able to keep their friends and family numbers. She put me on hold to talk to a supervisor. Hee Hee...
    Why mention this forum ? i dont think thats a good idea,other people my get denied because VZW may feel that people are trying to get over on them.

Others did it with out the mention of our little society here .... am i right ?
    Droid X
    MIUI 1.8.19 (Weekly Updates)
    Baseband BP_C_01.09.13P

7. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by icebluemale30 View Post
    Why mention this forum ? i dont think thats a good idea,other people my get denied because VZW may feel that people are trying to get over on them.

Because they told me at first that I would lose my Friends and Family feature if I switched to this plan. They asked me if I had gotten an email about it, and I told them that I had read about it "on an internet forum", and I also told them "numerous people have posted on that forum that they were able to keep their friends and family" and I questioned why some people were able to and I wasn't. But she never asked the name of the forum and I didn't tell her. But I just got off the phone with them, I switched to the new plan, I kept my friends and family numbers, I saved $30.00 bucks a month, I have unlimited texts and data, the only thing I lost was a few minutes, I'm at 450 instead of 900 now.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Funny how mileage may vary.....I am on hold right now because "they do not have any plan that includes both data and voice. They can adjust my voice plan or move me to their new $15 data plan"
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by budmonster View Post
    [
    I'm only on a 1 year contract and my contract end date is coming up, its on 02/01/11.

My girlfriend eligible for an upgrade on: 11/20/10
    I'm eligible for an upgrade on: 12/01/10
    So then your account would look like this:

Your line contract end date 11/10/2011 upgrade available 12/01/2010
    GF contract end date 11/10/2011 upgrade available 11/20/2010

Then when you upgrade, you extend past the 11/10/2011 date anyway!

I'm just comparing what happened with my account to what you want to do. Verify everything I've stated with the Rep on the phone before you commit just to make sure.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by icebluemale30 View Post

When I called the other day, and got approved for this deal for a family plan (save $20 a month) the guy asked if I got an email or text, I said no text, but haven't checked email yet, and that i saw it here on this forum. He put me on hold for a minute and came back and set me up. Don't think it is a bad idea to mention it IMO.

Links