DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 205 of 210 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 2092
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Getting the run around from loyalty dept...said they changed my plan when they issued me a credit last month...I in no way authorized a plan change and now they are saying once its removed it can't be added back? Wtf

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    85 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4tx View Post
    Getting the run around from loyalty dept...said they changed my plan when they issued me a credit last month...I in no way authorized a plan change and now they are saying once its removed it can't be added back? Wtf
    Are you absolutely, positively 100% certain you talked with the Loyalty Dept? Direct number is 877-628-8922.

Also, a lot of companies tell you 'this call may be recorded' whenever you call. It might be worth asking them to pull the tape of when you supposedly made the change. Just a thought.... nothing to lose.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid 4 (4.0.4)
    Hmmm, you should remain calm, collected, and pleasant on the phone. Probably won't get you anything extra but they won't be helpful at all if you're not...

Ask for a supervisor. Stick to the facts.
    There was a billing issue and they were going to refund/credit you some calling charges. (this was the case right?)
    There was no intention on your part to change your plan and they did not indicate they were going to do so. (this is correct right?)
    You would like them to restore your old plan.

If that's not the whole situation they do usually keep notes.
    Whenever they make plan changes you usually have 30 days to revert to whatever you had previously. The system keep that (at least that used to be the case for years).
    If someone accidentally changed your plan they should be able to restore it. Just not from support. They would put in the work order/authorization or whatever and someone on the back end would have to do it. That's my understanding for what it's worth.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    I called the loyalty dept today but did not back in august when the regular Rep apparently changed my plan while trying to issue me a credit. The loyalty dept did in fact work to change my plan back to what it was but it has been over 30 days...problem is I didn't know it was changed until I just got my bill. And yes I hope they pull the tape of my conversation from when the original rep tried to credit my account. They are supposed to call me back tomorrow. Ugh

5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    I called the loyalty dept today but did not back in august when the regular Rep apparently changed my plan while trying to issue me a credit. The loyalty dept did in fact work to change my plan back to what it was but it has been over 30 days...problem is I didn't know it was changed until I just got my bill. And yes I hope they pull the tape of my conversation from when the original rep tried to credit my account. They are supposed to call me back tomorrow. Ugh

When I was a senior rep, we had a $150 credit point that I could authorize a credit without supervisor approval. I can't even imagine how an entire plan was changed when applying a credit. Unfortunately, I have to hear more about what happened to you because I'm sort of in disbelief that adding a credit to your account, the rep changed your plan in the process. I say that because I sat in that rep's shoes at one time. Anything over $150 went to supervisor approval, and again, no plan change would have had to be made. You're now working with Retentions (I call it CMO), so give them time, be patient, be calm, polite, but firm, and you should get it resolved.
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

6. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Apparently, this was their mistake, not yours. They would have to find a way to correct it. They are obligated to do so.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Here is what happened. My family went on a cruise in august and my elderly parents who have lines on my account incurred charges that they were unaware they were liable for...ie didn't put their phone on airplane mode and received emails ans texts while phone was sitting idle. Like $200 worth....when I called Verizon to see what they could do the rep offered to give me one months access charge for free to offset half the international charges. I thought it was really nice of them and agreed to split the difference.... so this month I expected to see that about a 100 of credit come through... instead my bill was the same as it normally is but what happened is I got my $100 credit but lost my $20 per line data discount so they offset each other. I paid in august my bill plus international charges which was $400 because of billing cycle timing issues but expected to see about a 120 bill this month....didn't happen unfortunately

8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    I'm on the 1400 min family share with 5 lines btw...my company gets 25% off which makes my plan about $100 a month before adding each lines data and insurance. Usually each line is 32 bucks with tax and my total bill is 232 or so...without these discounts it shoots up $100 bucks which I am not willing to do

9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4tx
    I'm on the 1400 min family share with 5 lines btw...my company gets 25% off which makes my plan about $100 a month before adding each lines data and insurance. Usually each line is 32 bucks with tax and my total bill is 232 or so...without these discounts it shoots up $100 bucks which I am not willing to do

I have 8 phones and a tablet, or bill is 479,we use it 10000min,over 6000 text, and 7.5 gigs, and we each pay this way/my sg3cost 70$/Droid razor m 70,Sammy pad, 10,HTC thunderbolt 67,20 bucks for a hotspot and I droid razor pro ( contract up in 4 months) for 67 dollars, droid 3 that contract is up in February 70, and 2 phones the 30 dollars a piece because my grandparents and they just use them for texting and calling of so the old flip phones they, they still got Samsung Lg, all insurance 7 dollars a piece except my tablet it's saved me and my family each 20 to 40 dollars a phone so do the math what's up 25 or more less on our bill apiece great , getting was a b**** but it was worth it, if you have wifi at home then its worth getting all these phones and using this plan, jut get q good 30-40 dollar internet company and update your updates when you're at home send your things in your at home you can save there isnot brain surgery verizon has the best deal hands down, also theperes are familiar members that don't care what an Phone they have that lets def you in the family update their phone give the other family member a good phone also like in April I love my SG3,but if another phone better than that which you will and I will be sides ourselves if the SG3 gets over rtahen buy anything else, maybe the LG, then my mother will take care of this phone and I will getting an updated new phones I like we both win. Last month the bill:435 without th. Droid razor m so addon 40+7insured,do the math, (70)*4 20+10+(37*2)=(tax+fees 40)and 100 for 10 gigs right around - - 500/7=70(which we all have high speed Internet, 26 megabytes a second just 12 worse than 4 G so each phone pretty much for a 70 bucks a piece and if you look at the way I do it's unlimited and by May next year we'll all have Sg three's or droid razor Maxx or the max M the insurance is the trick just don't be a dumb f*** drop it or its 99 but the first 2 or 3 are free if it's their fault via, technology problems

New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?-forumrunner_20121002_000010.png
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid 4 (4.0.4)
    Here is what happened. My family went on a cruise in august and my elderly parents who have lines on my account incurred charges that they were unaware they were liable for...ie didn't put their phone on airplane mode and received emails ans texts while phone was sitting idle. Like $200 worth....when I called Verizon to see what they could do the rep offered to give me one months access charge for free to offset half the international charges. I thought it was really nice of them and agreed to split the difference.... so this month I expected to see that about a 100 of credit come through... instead my bill was the same as it normally is but what happened is I got my $100 credit but lost my $20 per line data discount so they offset each other. I paid in august my bill plus international charges which was $400 because of billing cycle timing issues but expected to see about a 120 bill this month....didn't happen unfortunately
    Yea. So two independent things.
    One is the incurred charges and whether they refund/credit none, some or all of it.
    The other is dropping the promo code/plan from your account.
    They shouldn't have been connected and the rep you originally negotiated the credit with made a mistake or did the refund the wrong way or had an accident.
    I can imagine there was an "oops" somewhere along the line and they re-entered options and either missed or couldn't enter the code for that particular promo and it got overlooked or the rep thought it was fine. I'd feel pretty optimistic they will fix it for you.

Lol, anyone remember when they first came out with the Treos? Maybe around 2003? or earlier. and they weren't able to do push email. What you would do is set everything up so when you got email you would get sent a txt msg. Well, to keep people happy (especially those on corporate accounts), if you had the smartphone plan, and requested it, they would add a code that would give you free 2000 txt msgs/month and you had to go through the data department/techs to have it done. To say the least it was really tricky carrying/grandfathering that code through subsequent plan changes I made . What they can do is sort of stage a plan change and at the very last point they can see what codes got entered and retained just before they commit the change. They usually had to try it a couple of different ways to get the code to carry over. Those codes are in the billing system but there often isn't any way for the rep to enter them on your plan from their interface screens. I think that's how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by TisMyDroid View Post
    Apparently, this was their mistake, not yours. They would have to find a way to correct it. They are obligated to do so.
    Not exactly (I think). Once you go month to month you're well, month to month. It is their policy to do so (correct things and grandfather everything) but I don't think they are obligated to do so. I think the last time I read the fine print was over 10 years ago but you can pretty much count on wording in there that probably says they can change anything they want, notify you, and you have 30 days to accept or not ("not" meaning you would most likely terminate service with them without penalty). VZW has always been the best about grandfathering promos and plans forever. At one point they wouldn't let you re-activate equipment that didn't have gps for 911 support and this thing now with "take an upgrade price and lose your unlimited data" is about as close as they've come as far as I know.
    Last edited by Quick; 10-02-2012 at 12:04 AM.

Links