DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 200 of 210 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2092
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Twitter
    @Body_Bagz
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by lcernaro
    Ok just a quick couple questions. I have that unlimited plan thanks to this sight and it was for both of my droid phones. Has anyone upgraded since this and were you able to carry the $9.99 unlimited data plan to your next phone & contract. This is a super deal and I don't want to lose it!
    Unless my next bill reflects differently, I just upgraded 2 phones and I'm still getting my original discounts and Unlimited Data on those 2 lines...YMMV...

Bagz Droid Razr, Most Nearly Bone Stock
    ...Rooted...ROM`d too many times to list...and still kicking iPhones in the @$$ on a daily basis....

2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by lcernaro View Post
    Ok just a quick couple questions. I have that unlimited plan thanks to this sight and it was for both of my droid phones. Has anyone upgraded since this and were you able to carry the $9.99 unlimited data plan to your next phone & contract. This is a super deal and I don't want to lose it!
    Yes. I've changed both my phone and my daughter's, and as long as your plan doesn't change the discount should remain.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    sch1500rkv
    Quote Originally Posted by kevsgroove View Post
    Yes. I've changed both my phone and my daughter's, and as long as your plan doesn't change the discount should remain.
    Ok what happens if I keep my old phones and upgrade my current phones to a nexus or maxx and then want to add a line for my son and upgrade my daughters to the htc? will I be charged 29.99 for their data plans? or will the discount carry because it is on my contract?
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    I also got the $9.99 unlimited plan back when the original Droid was the hottest phone on the market (and the Earth was still cooling). A little over a year ago I upgraded to the Thunderbolt, and Verizon let me keep that rate, but you might want to call and confirm that they will still do that.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Ok what happens if I keep my old phones and upgrade my current phones to a nexus or maxx and then want to add a line for my son and upgrade my daughters to the htc? will I be charged 29.99 for their data plans? or will the discount carry because it is on my contract?
    I'm not sure if adding a line to an existing family plan would constitute a plan change, but that phone and the one upgraded from dumb to smart would have the $29.99 data plan. You may find an occasional rep or customer support person that would allow the discount to be applied to those additions. It never hurts to ask.
    lcernaro likes this.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    We've since switched to iPhone 4S on the two main lines and droid x on the 3rd last fall using the new every two discount... still have the same plan, but I had to do it over the phone, as the website doesn't show that plan... I have to add another line soon though, so I guess I'll find out how that works. The original plan details said something about each new line has to have a data plan to keep this plan, and when I added line 3 it was the day after the deal ended and I had to jump through a thousand hoops to get the deal applied to line 3 (look back to february 2011 in this thread). I'm not sure if they'll let me get a dumb phone on this plan, or say that I have to get a smartphone, but not let me get the discounted rate of $9.99 per line.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Incredible
    just don't lower the plan to under 1400 minutes and you will be fine. i'm grandfathered til 2038. had 2 reps tell me that
    lcernaro likes this.
    Most of the time, the answer is is that there is no answer. so stop looking for them.

Everything is relative! prove me wrong and you get $100
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    sch1500rkv
    Quote Originally Posted by kevsgroove View Post
    I'm not sure if adding a line to an existing family plan would constitute a plan change, but that phone and the one upgraded from dumb to smart would have the $29.99 data plan. You may find an occasional rep or customer support person that would allow the discount to be applied to those additions. It never hurts to ask.
    Just talking to a friend and now i realize that I can just have them use the wifi here at home. and not have to get them a data plan. They are young and just want to play games and text friends
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Phone
    Vzw Droid RAZR
    Just keep in mind that if you only want those phones to use WiFi, you cannot activate them on any lines. If activated you will have to have a data plan.

My daughter has a dumb phone for calls and texting and she uses my old droid x for games, facebook, etc. On WiFi.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    sch1500rkv
    Here's another question will they have access to the market or will I have to dl what they want before we deactivate the phone? Just curious on how this all works.

Links