DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 169 of 210 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 2092
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung SCH-I400 Continuum
    Quote Originally Posted by lsg0622 View Post
    I have called numerous times over the past 2 months trying to get this promotion. I have 5 lines on a family share plan and every time I called I was told I did not receive the email directly from them and there is nothing they can do.

I figure I'd try one more time since I read that the promotion is only on until Jan 31st. I called the 877.873.3278 number and again she asked me if I received a phone call, flyer in the mail or an email and I told her I received an email. She asked if it was a direct email, and I played dumb and just said I am really not sure, but received an email and read it to her. She said I am not listed as being in their target listing and cannot receive the discount unless I received it directly from them. She went on to say that many people are calling up since they found this number on blogs and forums and are trying to get the discount even though they are not eligible. I asked her then what other discounts would be available to me since I have 4 smart phones and one regular and 2 of my lines are about to come up for renewal in the next month or two. She then said "Well I could give you this discount" - just like that. I don't know what made her change her mind. She did say that the promotion is ending on Jan 31st and if I make any changes after the 31st, I will lose this promotion from all lines. This concerns me since I do have 2 upgrades coming in March, and would like to upgrade at least one of my phones to the iphone. In any case even if I don't upgrade to the iphone, one of the lines will be getting an upgrade from a BB Tour to a BB bold. I hope that she is wrong and I don't lose the promotion. I guess we will just have to wait and see. She did say if I wanted to convert the one line that is not a smart phone to a smart phone, I have to do it by the 31st to keep the promotion.

When I go online to my account I see all my lines now say
    Promotion details
    TALK & TEXT PLUS DATA $20 DISC
    Changes to the data feature, not the phones. I asked another manager in the Loyalty Dept specifically if upgrading devices removed it, and she specifically said it would not.

Device: Samsung SCH-I400 Continuum
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortiel View Post
    ]

Changes to the data feature, not the phones. I asked another manager in the Loyalty Dept specifically if upgrading devices removed it, and she specifically said it would not.

Would a change from a blackberry to an iphone or blackberry to droid be considered a change to a data feature since the blackberry data plan is different than the smartphone data plan? Also My one feature phone now has data on it, so would a switch from a feature phone to a droid be a data plan change if the feature phone already has a data plan on it?
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    ]

Would a change from a blackberry to an iphone or blackberry to droid be considered a change to a data feature since the blackberry data plan is different than the smartphone data plan? Also My one feature phone now has data on it, so would a switch from a feature phone to a droid be a data plan change if the feature phone already has a data plan on it?
    As long as it is a $29.99 unlimited data feature. Change it to a limited feature, or to corporate data and you will lose it.

4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    ]

As long as it is a $29.99 unlimited data feature. Change it to a limited feature, or to corporate data and you will lose it.

Sorry I need to clarify: as long as you are on a $29.99 unlimited data feature you are fine. Blackberry to iPhone to Android to feature phone.

5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    So how many of you that have got this the single line deal also got the friends and family. "Plus, you can add Friends and Family to eligible plans at no additional cost and get unlimited callingto the numbers you call most in the U.S. on any network, even landlines." As far as I can tell I didn't but have seem some people say they got it and some not mention whether they did or not. So I was just curious.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Just called in and got this promotion on the first try in combination with switching my service from AT&T to Verizon. Customer service rep was super nice and gave me this plan without any hesitation. I picked up a Droid X for me and a Droid 2 for both the wife and daughter. What version of Android are these phones shipping with?
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Sorry I need to clarify: as long as you are on a $29.99 unlimited data feature you are fine. Blackberry to iPhone to Android to feature phone.

Thanks...I called back and also spoke to another loyalty rep who confirmed that as long as you keep this promotion and do not sign anything to switch to another promotion, you can upgrade phones even to the iphone. I then told him what the previous rep had told me, and he put me on hold to speak to a supervisor. He came back and said that the supervisor confirmed what he said and that as long as you keep the 29.99 data plan on all phones, and don't agree to another promotion (like 500 free minutes or something similar), that the promotion will stay. I asked him to notate that he told this to me in my account for future reference(not sure it will do any good, but cant hurt) and he did.

Let's hope that what he is saying is true.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Got this for my dad's family share plan & my single line.

My single line on a Droid Eris.
    I had 450 minutes with unlimited verizon text and 500 non-verizon. I also had unlimited data/smartphone. I have a 15% work discount on voice and 12% work discount on data.

After changing the plan to the promotional $69.99 plan, I now have unlimited text to anyone. That is the only thing that changed besides being able to add 5 numbers for friends/family. My bill actually dropped because the rep gave me 15% work discount on the entire $69.99. I'm getting more for less! They also said it would be no problem to upgrade to an iPhone if I choose because this has nothing to do with upgrading handsets.

My dad has 2 Droids and a dumb phone. He as paying $200+ for data on the two smartphones and unlimited text on all devices.

After going to the family share plan of $139 and adding the third line for $19.99 he will be saving more than $65/month. He can also upgrade his dumb phone line to any smartphone for no additional monthly service charge since data is included.

Wow, just wow! This is awesome. The rep said this promotion ends tomorrow (Sunday), and that their office isn't even open on Sundays!
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by Bswartz95 View Post
    Got this for my dad's family share plan & my single line.

My single line on a Droid Eris.
    I had 450 minutes with unlimited verizon text and 500 non-verizon. I also had unlimited data/smartphone. I have a 15% work discount on voice and 12% work discount on data.

After changing the plan to the promotional $69.99 plan, I now have unlimited text to anyone. That is the only thing that changed besides being able to add 5 numbers for friends/family. My bill actually dropped because the rep gave me 15% work discount on the entire $69.99. I'm getting more for less! They also said it would be no problem to upgrade to an iPhone if I choose because this has nothing to do with upgrading handsets.

My dad has 2 Droids and a dumb phone. He as paying $200+ for data on the two smartphones and unlimited text on all devices.

After going to the family share plan of $139 and adding the third line for $19.99 he will be saving more than $65/month. He can also upgrade his dumb phone line to any smartphone for no additional monthly service charge since data is included.

Wow, just wow! This is awesome. The rep said this promotion ends tomorrow (Sunday), and that their office isn't even open on Sundays!
    i started a thread here and i think it merged to this one. but sometime in november i started saving myself $80/mo. 4 lines. -$20/mo/line
    Most of the time, the answer is is that there is no answer. so stop looking for them.

Everything is relative! prove me wrong and you get $100
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    since we have heard that Verizon will do away with grandfathering plans that are no longer offered, in the near future, will it affect this promo also? I would hate to have 5 smartphones and not be able to upgrade any of them at discount pricing in fear of the soon to be no grandfathering policy.

the new policy states that when you upgrade at discounted pricing, and if the plan your on is no longer offered, you must choose a plan that is currently offered.

Sent from my D1!

Links