DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 10 of 210 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

1. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Dammit View Post
    I'm going to keep an eye on this and probably stop in to VZW to discuss my options. I have 4 months left on my contract. I'm not going to lock into the 1 year extension if it means I can't upgrade at contract price for another year. With 2 smartphones and a dumb phone on my account, I can save a decent chunk of change, especially if I give my son my phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    Contract dates and upgrade dates don't have to coincide. My contracts up way after my NE2 is.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I think there could be 2 reasons for Big Red doing this:

1. They are trying to get people to come over to their network before LTE starts rolling out and they charge a premium for LTE service (circa Sprint).

2. This iPhone rumor is almost a sure-thing for release early 2011 on Verizon. They would obviously charge a premium, like ATT, to use iPhone. If they use the plans as they stand now, it would start at, what, $89 for the 450min plan? Plus an iPhone premium would put them well over $100, which I believe is more expensive than ATT. It makes sense for Big Red to drop their intro minutes/data plan to $69 because then they can charge a larger premium for iPhone data and make more money off those users.

While #1 seems to be a good possibility, I think #2 would be the smart thing to go for in order for Verizon to capitalize on their service charges once the iPhone comes to their network.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ovrclock View Post

1. They are trying to get people to come over to their network before LTE starts rolling out and they charge a premium for LTE service (circa Sprint).

2. This iPhone rumor is almost a sure-thing for release early 2011 on Verizon. They would obviously charge a premium, like ATT, to use iPhone. If they use the plans as they stand now, it would start at, what, $89 for the 450min plan? Plus an iPhone premium would put them well over $100, which I believe is more expensive than ATT. It makes sense for Big Red to drop their intro minutes/data plan to $69 because then they can charge a larger premium for iPhone data and make more money off those users.

While #1 seems to be a good possibility, I think #2 would be the smart thing to go for in order for Verizon to capitalize on their service charges once the iPhone comes to their network.
    Source? Proof?

Still just a rumor.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post

Source? Proof?

Still just a rumor.
    No, no source or proof whatsoever. I think the giveaway would be when I said "I think" repeatedly. Just my "conspiracy theory" I guess.
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member

Source? Proof?

Still just a rumor.
    No, no source or proof whatsoever. I think the giveaway would be when I said "I think" repeatedly. Just my "conspiracy theory" I guess.
    Nothing personal

Just that poor horse looks mangled... laying their on the ground... all dead and what not.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Source? Proof?

Still just a rumor.
    Nothing personal

Just that poor horse looks mangled... laying their on the ground... all dead and what not.
    Haha, no biggie. Just felt like a sarcastic @$$ this morning.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    Anyone get lucky yet??
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    I was told it is a email promotion and you need to forward them the email in order for you to get it.
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Droid.
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkmaster View Post
    Anyone get lucky yet??
    Yeah.....wait..... oh, you meant with the plan. No.
    Martin, don't make me break out that GIF again.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    I touched Lord Stanley's Cup on 1/2/11.
  10. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    I got it. Just got off the phone with them and while I was on the phone received confirmation email.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
Page 10 of 210 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Links