DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Motorola Droid Pro Presales Begin 11/9

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    352 times
    Twitter
    droidforums
    Premium Member

Motorola Droid Pro Presales Begin 11/9

In 5 days pre-sales will begin for the Motorola Droid Pro, the next phone to join the elite group of Verizon Droids! This will be the first device aimed directly at business users in hopes to steal more thunder and customers away from BlackBerry. AndroidCentral got their hands on a screen shot of what we should expect as far as pre-sales and release dates goes with this new Motorola device. They say Verizon will begin the pre-order process on the 9th of this month, which is just this coming Tuesday, and will follow with the release of the actual device 10 days later on the 19th.

If your one of the first to pre-order, expect to receive the phone before they are released in Verizon retail stores! A price for the Pro still has not been announced, but we have a feeling it'll launch with the typical $199 pricetag with new contract. These dates are not too far off, and I am sure many of you guys are as excited to give these a try as we are… Let’s just hope the build quality is on par with the other Droids!

For more discussions, be sure to check out the Motorola Droid Pro Forum on DF!

By Wen
    News via: Android Central
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid/iPhone 4
    Droid pro would be cool if I had to chose between a android OS and RIM. But other than that, it's not the buttery hotness... Wish verizon would just hurry up and kick out their LTE so supposed new moto phone could end up in my hands ASAP.
    I don't know where I would be without my Sexy DROID along side my Sexy IPhone 4, and my Sexy Atrix...
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Most other Droid news sites are reporting that the price will be $179, not $199 -- hot! Can't wait!
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    LOL, so much for the short-lived rumor that this "iconic" Nov 9th release was going to be the IPhone.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid/iPhone 4
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post
    LOL, so much for the short-lived rumor that this "iconic" Nov 9th release was going to be the IPhone.

With LTE release getting closer and closer I don't see the point of an iPhone on verizon releasing and being on CDMA. Also, I have been seeing release dates for the iPhone to be Jan - feb
    I don't know where I would be without my Sexy DROID along side my Sexy IPhone 4, and my Sexy Atrix...
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidMastar2 View Post
    With LTE release getting closer and closer I don't see the point of an iPhone on verizon releasing and being on CDMA. Also, I have been seeing release dates for the iPhone to be Jan - feb
    LTE vs. IPhone should be an interesting match-up. Looks like IPhone could have 1-3 months before LTE if the rumored release dates are accurate. But there's a large number of AT&T customers who will want to switch and won't even blink at LTE, so I don't really see the issue.

Plus, VZW will still have 3G in most of the country for a while. IPhone is a good way to continue to milk the 3G cash cow.

Then you look at it from Apple's perspective: Their users upgrade annually almost to a fault. Now a good chunk of them will buy ANOTHER IPhone to run on VZW's CDMA. Then, about June maybe Apple hits them again with an LTE IPhone they'll just have to have. Makes all the sense in the world for VZW's first IPhone to be 3G.

I will say, barring exclusivity agreements with AT&T, IPhone really missed the boat not getting to VZW for the holiday season. Assuming this constant rumor finally comes to fruition one day.

Agreed, if you're Steve Jobs you don't want a potential IPhone buyer to see and compare an LTE phone side-by-side.
  7. DF News Team/Mod
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    @juliothestar
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Premium Member
    ok this is seriouslly starting to piss me off...dandroid has been posting everything I ALREADY POSTED...this is around the 5th thread that he started which i had already submitted

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sub...o-presale.html

Links