DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon Wireless's 4G Speeds Doc Leaked

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Twitter
    WMPerson
    Phone
    T-mobile G2x
    Premium Member

Verizon Wireless's 4G Speeds Doc Leaked

Sorry for bring this to you late but we just have to touch on this topic. Have you ever wondered why Verizon Wireless went with LTE rather than any of the other possible mobile technology out there? Well if you inspect the picture above it seems they were smarter than Sprint with their choice in technology because those speeds are ridiculous and seriously impressive.

Our next generation device will supposedly receive a max of 300 Mb/sec download speeds with a great 75 Mb/sec upload speed. Now with that kind of speed, you can do just about anything in seconds and still be ahead of your laptop. Tethering would surpass Wi-Fi and Verizon’s new motto “Rule the air” will make complete sense.

Here is the information:

Higher data rates: 300Mbps downlink & 75Mbps uplink
    Shorter delay
    Better efficiency
    Better user experience
    Lower deployment cost
    This is all great and we are happy that XDA shared with us. This is sadly just part of the 200+ pages of documents they received but to be honest, I don’t want to be them right now when they have to go through file and documents that are endless.

For fun, here is some more technical info:

• LTE is a wireless data system. To suit the bursty nature of packet data, LTE systems plan to support data rates in excess of 300 Mbps on the downlink & 80 Mbps or more on the uplink.
    • To support the peak data rates needed to efficiently deliver bursty packet data, OFDMA based air interface is used, along with multiple antennas.
    • LTE systems need to minimize the latency experienced by packets going through the system to support packet data services that may be sensitive to delay.
    • Packet data is primarily IP traffic. To provide an efficient backhaul transport mechanism, IP-based transport mechanisms are used as part of the LTE architecture.
    • LTE is defined for a mobile wireless network environment. Since LTE is evolved from 3GPP-based networks, LTE supports inter-technology handovers between 3GPP technologies. LTE also supports interoperability and mobility from non-3GPP technologies as well.
    • LTE supports deployment on a range of bandwidths and spectrum. LTE defines both FDD and TDD modes, and supports a range of bandwidths from 1.4 MHz up to 20 MHz by using a scalable form of OFDMA
    So guy, anything else that our beloved big red can provide for you to feel better? In all seriousness, I am glad to see Verizon working hard on being the fastest 4G network in America, and while you will never get to the 300 a sec speed, you will get pretty close.
    Let us know what you think below.
    News Via: XDA
    There is probable a million things about me that you don't know. Check out my About.me page
    About.me
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    And its going to cost both of my legs and my left arm lol.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    ^OMG. Funniest. Thing. Ever.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    iphone
    4G is amazing
    my new love-Droid
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Wow, that's 37.5MB/s. (I have trouble with knowing how much bit measurements actually are, lol.)

If that's really what the true speed will be, then that's amazing and I can't wait. It seems unrealistically fast, but I guess it is a brand new technology so I guess it's possible!
    THUNDERBOLT.

6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    nice numbers is right but I thought I read somewhere that the numbers for the average user will be like 80/10
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Peak speeds with basically no traffic.

The WimaxII(?) standard is 100mp/s d/l. Still only 1/3 the speed of what this claims for LTE, but keep in mind Sprint's 4G service is hitting, what, like 5meg/s d/l? VZW has claimed 5-12mbps d/l with LTE.

Is it mostly just bandwidth/capacity preventing 300 mbps? I don't know all the technicalities, but at 50mbps you can stream blueray video.

The day will come eventually when you have a standalone wireless device for the home that does VoIP, cable and internet. Consider I have no land line and pay @ $130 a month for cable and broadband with hi-def DVR service. As partnerships go, Google & VZW look like a real juggernaut.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Twitter
    WMPerson
    Phone
    T-mobile G2x
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post
    Peak speeds with basically no traffic.

The WimaxII(?) standard is 100mb/s d/l. Still only 1/3 the speed of what this claims for LTE, but keep in mind Sprint's 4G service is hitting, what, like 5meg/s d/l? VZW has claimed 5-12mbps d/l with LTE.

Is it mostly just bandwidth/capacity preventing 300 mbps? I don't know all the technicalities, but at 50mbps you can stream blueray video.

The day will come eventually when you have a standalone wireless device for the home that does VoIP, cable and internet. Consider I have no land line and pay @ $130 a month for cable and broadband with hi-def DVR service. As partnerships go, Google & VZW look like a real juggernaut.
    No,
    Wimax I, the version sprint uses has something like that. The Wimax II is much faster than that. Didn't you see the post we had about it, where Samsung achieved around 330mp/s without much work... and the max being around 700mb/sec. WiMax 2 Scoffs At LTE, Samsung Demo Takes The Speed Crown All While Streaming Multiple HD Sources Without Breaking A Sweat | Android News, Reviews, Applications, Games, Phones, Devices, Tips, Mods, Videos, Podcasts - Android Police
    Last edited by WenWM; 10-28-2010 at 07:33 AM.
    There is probable a million things about me that you don't know. Check out my About.me page
    About.me
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    come on... It's not 300MB/s it's MEGA BITS PER SECOND.

You're looking at a 20meg connection, which itself is rather fast.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Twitter
    WMPerson
    Phone
    T-mobile G2x
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itzkr0me View Post
    come on... It's not 300MB/s it's MEGA BITS PER SECOND.

You're looking at a 20meg connection, which itself is rather fast.
    Yes,
    I just found that one out... Word play sucks.
    About.me
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links