DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opera Mobile 10.1 Beta... Browser Experience Currently Unmatched On Android

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Twitter
    WMPerson
    Phone
    T-mobile G2x
    Premium Member

Opera Mobile 10.1 Beta... Browser Experience Currently Unmatched On Android

Being a forum focus on Verizonís Android devices alone, we donít like to get off topic too much but this is just too good. Opera has been known in the Windows Phone world as the best of the best, the greatest browser you could find (I should know, I said those things), Well now they have something pretty crazy for us Android users. Opera Mobile is the software they have been developing for the last year or so to replace their current Opera Mini in our hearts. The software was demoed by Techcrunch, and it was so smooth while scrolling and using pinch to zoom that you would think it came with butter for the grease. Every blog that has watched the video says the experience looks equal or better than what you will get with the iPhone, which as you know, is el-Capitan in that department.

The software is not complete yet, and apparently there will be a public beta (which I will get) for those that want the software ASAP and would have no problem dealing with unfinished software. The great part about it is... It has no hardware acceleration in anyway in the video, so imagine that being added to the mix, it will make this software almost pirated when they offer it for free.

Is this going to be your next browser? What do you currently us? Comment below after you follow the source link to watch the video.

Via: Phandroid
    There is probable a million things about me that you don't know. Check out my About.me page
    About.me

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I will wait for those on the forums to rip into it and test it. That last few browsers that got some hype like every time a new Firefox comes out, xscope updates, and the old Opera, all just seem to never live up to the hype.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Twitter
    WMPerson
    Phone
    T-mobile G2x
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Varking View Post
    I will wait for those on the forums to rip into it and test it. That last few browsers that got some hype like every time a new Firefox comes out, xscope updates, and the old Opera, all just seem to never live up to the hype.
    Well that is true, but non of those are made my Opera, who as we all know is HTC's favorite browser maker.. Also non of them game with a video demo that made my mouth water up... So I guess we can say this is not hype.... its fact.
    There is probable a million things about me that you don't know. Check out my About.me page
    About.me
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    I tried out the Opera that is currently available on the Market, along with Skyfire, Firefox, and Dolphin HD. I have to say that I like Dolphin HD the best. The other ones have unique features, but in my experience, Dolphin has been the most reliable.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    While I agree, DolphinHD has been the best to date for me, I have to carry Opera around for a few sites that don't play well with Dolphin. I would be happy to run any pre release testing. One browser would be beneficial.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by acles003 View Post
    I tried out the Opera that is currently available on the Market, along with Skyfire, Firefox, and Dolphin HD. I have to say that I like Dolphin HD the best. The other ones have unique features, but in my experience, Dolphin has been the most reliable.
    The Opera version currently in the market is Opera Mini. This review is about the new product line that Opera is producing called Opera Mobile. From the video on techcrunch's site I have to say it looks like it will be really nice. I love opera for my PC so I can't wait to try this out when the beta officially hits their site.
    -Randy-
    Droid X, Rubix Focused 2.0.1.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid 1
    i found it on the opera site...how would i download into phone....it says it is a .sis file? lol
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    xcope flies for me with the new 6.0 update and a rooted 1.0 ghz droid. So, we shall see.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 A955

Browser War Report?

So far Xscope leads the field in my book but OPera may be looking to take the throne. Competition is always good for us - the consumer - just like the burger wars, soda wars, telecom wars, mobile phone wars, etc. etc.
  11. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by stabl4life82 View Post
    i found it on the opera site...how would i download into phone....it says it is a .sis file? lol
    You downloaded the version for the Symbian S60 OS. There is no Opera Mobile download for Android as of yet, just Opera Mini 5.1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links