DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon Apple iPad available October 28th

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Premium Member

Verizon Apple iPad available October 28th

This news is just too big to ignore. Verizon has gone to the dark side. Verizon has an Apple iPad pre-order page up on the VerizonWireless.com website now allowing you to order an Apple iPad with Verizon network support by bundling it with the MiFi. The date of availability? October 28th.

This is big. I don't think there can be any doubt about the Apple iPhone coming to Verizon anymore. So now we are faced with the prospect of Big Red carrying the two most recently dominant cellphone platforms. Battles like this are usually the best thing for the consumer as it increases competition from everyone involved and generally results in lower prices.

Get ready for a major rumble, you'll soon be able to compare "Apples to Apples" with the Verizon Apple iPad.

You can check out the pre-order page here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/ipad.jsp

Update: Here's the Apple link as well: Verizon Wireless Offers iPad at Stores Nationwide on October 28
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    barski_x
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    They must have a massive amount of traffic coming in or their doing some changes because i get connection timed out when trying to access any of Verizon.
  3. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barski View Post
    They must have a massive amount of traffic coming in or their doing some changes because i get connection timed out when trying to access any of Verizon.
    I hope that Verizon doesn't pressure any Android Tablets to "abandon" plans since they've announced this. Stingray, MZ600, etc.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Whoa never thought the day would come...if this would indicate the iPhone 4 is indeed coming then they better be packing cause the android army ain't goibgto be backing down! Lol the. Motor T2 will terminate all girly men who buy the fruit maker
    CM 6.1.2
    Stock Theme/ADW Launcher
    P3's 1.2ghz LV Kernal
    Quadrant 1709
    Next phone: TBA
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Correct me if I am wrong but the wording on that ad doesn't say it is a CDMA 3G iPad...

It says... "Now you can connect Apple iPad with WiFi just about anywhere with the MiFi mobile Hotspot."

Sorry but this is not a 3G CDMA iPad but some bastardization of the iPad Wifi and VZW MiFi hotspot. As I suspected. I just checked the tech twitter feeds I follow and it is just that. VZW's MiFi hotspot bundled in and using a Wifi iPad. NO 3G. Guess that dashes the hopes of a CDMA iPhone now, doesn't it.
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Let's see if Big Red will cater to Apple and push their Droid line to the side for the iPhone.

I hope not.
  7. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    367 times
    Twitter
    droidforums
    Premium Member
    Maybe we'll see the iPad 2 release with LTE/CDMA support.. That would certainly one-up AT&T.
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    I hope to see LTE get a big push with this competition.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    " Guess that dashes the hopes of a CDMA iPhone now, doesn't it"

I don't understand this statement at all.
    What does an ipad have to do with an iphone? absolutely nothing.
    Just an attempt to steal sales from samsung and be a gateway drug for future iphone losers.
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Yea I think we can end the "what ifs" now .....Although, was the any exclusive deals with the iPad and AT&T?
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Links