DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top Five Android Devices: Droid X Number 5

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I own the original Droid which usd to be #1, but obviously no longer is. I also agree the Droid X is not number 1.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rooted Incredible
    I'm surprised by the #1 spot......

After playing with the Facinate I think its a bit nicer than the Incredible...
    I had the X for two days and hated it.... traded the new phone with the wife to get back my Incredible....
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    AT&T SGS2
    Quote Originally Posted by victorythagr8 View Post
    Im sorry but the Droid x is not number 1 people.

Really you have a lock bootloader, no front face camera, and no keyboard.

And i currently own the original droid

If anything the order should be

Epic 4g(4g, keyboard, root friendly, front face camera)
    Evo(4g, front face camera, root friendly, hdmi port)
    G2(4g speed, keyboard, front face camera, stock android)
    Droid X(best battery life)
    Nexus One(gets the newest update first which is enough reason to put this on top 5 seeing how it takes forever to get an OS update

I would disagree on many of your thoughts. But like all reviews everyone has there own opinion. Here is my thoughts on your list.

First, many owners could give a rip about a locked bootloader. I had a Droid 1 and flashed custom roms to play with it. I did flash back to original Droid 1 rom and just rooted it. I now have the Droid X and only have it rooted and not even wasted my time on removing Bloatware. My phone runs very fast and great so no need.

Epic 4g(4g, keyboard, root friendly, front face camera)- I personally want No keyboard that is why I went to a Droid X. To me keyboard is pointless with the screen response you get now. I don't video chat so a front facing camera is uncessary. My Droid X has an HDMI Port. 4G Speed isnt needed at this point. Lastly it is on the Sprint Network which is not very good in my area.
    Evo(4g, front face camera, root friendly, hdmi port)-Same as Epic 4G except it doesnt have the Keyboard so it is similar to my Droid X. However, my Droid X has a much longer battery life as so proved by many tests.

G2(4g speed, keyboard, front face camera, stock android)
    Droid X(best battery life)- I couldn't agree more. This phone is Number one for me. The screen is a big thing for me. I have large hands and ride share so it makes for nice video watching and surfing the net.

Nexus One(gets the newest update first which is enough reason to put this on top 5 seeing how it takes forever to get an OS update-This one was in consideration for me when I was dumping my BB Tour. However, 3G service for T-MO is limited in Minneapolis/St. Paul.

I would take the Droid Incredible or Fascinate after my Droid X. A have friends with both the Epic and Vibrant. I have assisted them in rooting the phones and the great uses and easy of operation with Android. Both people came from BB and glad they made the change. 4G for Sprint just went live in Minneapolis/St. Paul and it has some big holes. However, I have used and it is slick. LTE from Verizon will be live in the next 10 weeks and coverage I will bet exceed Sprints. Since I live south of there I wont see it anytime soon.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    RyanPm40
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Incredibly totally deserves spot #1!
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Doesn't bother me, it's all preference. But seriously,
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Doesn't bother me, all preference. But i did chuckle to see the incredible make the list, must have been a novelty vote.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x
    The wi fi issue continues to be an issue with the X. That said, I'm willing to wait for a fix. I love the virtual keyboard and other goodies the phone has. I fixed my wi fi at home so that is less of an issue these days. And the size of the phone IS what sold me so that's a plus to me.

As someone else said, to each his own.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto D1 DX and Facinate
    Id say the Fascinate is number one. Its on the best network, has the best screen out of the verizon phones and isnt locked down. No there is no bias I have the D1 DX Fascinate and used to have the D2. I also have friends and fmily with the Incredible, Evo 4G, Epic 4G, and the Eris (laughing at the Eris) I have played with them all for a good amount of time and moded them too.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    I don't own one yet, but I didn't see anything in regard to actuall cell phone reception in fringe areas.
    Where I live, those with HTCs, be they Windows or Android devices, on the Verizon network have weak cell phone reception or no cell phone reception in the fringe areas; whereas, those with Motorolas, either regular cell phones or android devices, obtain better reception in the fringe areas.
    When I say fringe, I mean a few miles outside of town in the desert areas; not in town where they all work great.
    All are on Verizon since that is basically the only real option in this area. Spring is very weak outside of town if there is any signal at all. AT&T is only EDGE, and don't believe there is any t-mobile (if there is, no one sell it and I know of no one who has it).
    So, reception is more important than the minor differences between screens or even the complaints about moto blur (which many I know, like it).

I wlll add that my two BB Tours are as good, if not a bit better for reception in the fringe areas than any of the android devices, but even though I have to remain on the BB leash for work related communications, I will be leaving my personal Tour in the desk drawer come December when I upgrade to (what appears to be) a Droid X.

So, what is best for some is not best for others.

On a more personal note, I like the looks of the HTC models like the incredible, but like a larger screen. I also am not that familiar with blur vs sense, and from playing with both phones, don't care. I am also not the type to root, rom or even dance with the phone.

And even though when I'm out deep in the boondocks I have an Iridium Sat phone for emergency purposes, I like the idea of a phone that can possibly obtain coverage in areas you would not think a cell phone would work.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid HTC Incredible
    I own an X and I dont think its number one. That being said, I dont think the incredible should be number 2.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links