DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Best Buy Mobile will offer Droid Pre-orders with instant rebate

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I thought I read somewhere that the BB pre-order was "first come first serve". As in, if you pre-ordered and you go there and you are sold out, you have to wait for the next shipment, but you have priority over people who didn't pre-order.

Now this doesn't really make sense to me. Wouldn't they just order x number of phones and only sell x number of pre-orders so that everyone who pre-ordered is guaranteed a phone?

My boyfriend and I have been arguing about this for the last few days and he seems to think its first come first serve. But then what was the point of pre-ordering if that was the case?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid baby!
    Sounds like they are going to have a mad rush of people if they do it that way.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    I've read some comments that people said that they've been trying to call BB over last couple days and they won't let them pre-order any more. I wonder if they simply have a deadline for pre-ordering or if they have a quota (sold out).
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @jbjtkbw00
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    If it's like when I used to work retail, the pre-orders serve as a way to judge how many people are interested for one and where to allocate phones to from the warehouses. So, this could be a way to see where the potential is for the most sales and divide accordingly. What better way to show sales numbers on an opening weekend then by allocating your product to where you know it's going to sell, and sell out fast?
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I just called the Best Buy that I preordered my Droid from last weekend and they said that my preorder ensures that a phone will be set aside for me on Friday.
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JhankG View Post
    I just called the Best Buy that I preordered my Droid from last weekend and they said that my preorder ensures that a phone will be set aside for me on Friday.

I'm not surprised on that. That's why you pre-orderd I thought
    Sometimes , It is what it is !
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Miami1683 View Post

Well it's what I was assuming all along, but someone mentioned a few posts up that the preorder did not guarantee anything and that it was first come, first serve on Friday. That wouldn't make any sense, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to call.
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miami1683 View Post

Yeah if I preordered something and i went to the store the day it was suppose to be ready and I couldn't get one because they didn't have anymore. Let me tell you I would raise hell. I would make them give me a multimedia station for free It's the whole point of preordering. If you didn't have to buy anything like the 50 dollar gift card, then maybe, just MAYBE i could understand it a tiny bit more, but if you have to purchase something to be on preorder status, and then you don't get one..
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Shucks, I wish we had a Best Buy where I live! I would've loved to have pre-ordered!
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    BB just called today and scheduled my pick up time. I'll be there at 1030.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Links