DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What Do You Think Of The iPhone 4 On VZW

Voters
516. You may not vote on this poll
  • Na, They still can't take us on

103 19.96%
  • Ya, I am excited to get one

86 16.67%
  • Are you kidding? I am Going to store and laughing at people buying it

139 26.94%
  • I Could Care less

188 36.43%
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: iPhone Coming To Verizon Due To Droid Fears

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    Quote Originally Posted by NVash View Post
    True. Thats you though. I know of only three people with Droid phones. Myself and my two friends. None of us are rooted. Truth be told I dont even think they have any idea how or what rooting is.
    And that's how the overwhelming majority is. I know tons of people with android phones and like your friends, they dont even know what rooting is, and probably would not have any interest in it.
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by jkhonea View Post
    Even if the number is as high as 5% of the phones, that isn't a very high number in the grand scheme of things.
    Actually 5% is a huge number in the grand scheme of things. Between the VZW Droid lineup, the Galaxy S line and the G1/Hero/Desire line there would arguably be a solid 15 million units total between all of those. Now 5% of 15 million is 750k. That is not including the likes of the EVO, Nexus, MT Line, Acer Liquid series, etc... So to say that less than 1% of all Android handsets are rooted is just being naive and denying the fact that people are looking for more out of their investment because 1% would imply that 75k of all Android handsets are rooted. Hell I would be willing to be there are twice as many OG Droids rooted than that. Seriously due the numbers. The laws of probability are in my favor.
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkseider View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jkhonea View Post
    Even if the number is as high as 5% of the phones, that isn't a very high number in the grand scheme of things.
    Actually 5% is a huge number in the grand scheme of things. Between the VZW Droid lineup, the Galaxy S line and the G1/Hero/Desire line there would arguably be a solid 15 million units total between all of those. Now 5% of 15 million is 750k. That is not including the likes of the EVO, Nexus, MT Line, Acer Liquid series, etc... So to say that less than 1% of all Android handsets are rooted is just being naive and denying the fact that people are looking for more out of their investment because 1% would imply that 75k of all Android handsets are rooted. Hell I would be willing to be there are twice as many OG Droids rooted than that. Seriously due the numbers. The laws of probability are in my favor.
    You missed my point entirely. Even if the number of rooted is 5%, that still leaves 95% that would be very susceptible to switching phones. And I have talked with several rooted users that want to switch to the iPhone and Jailbreak those. Don't think all rooted users will stay in place. Won't happen.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by czerdrill View Post
    True. Thats you though. I know of only three people with Droid phones. Myself and my two friends. None of us are rooted. Truth be told I dont even think they have any idea how or what rooting is.
    And that's how the overwhelming majority is. I know tons of people with android phones and like your friends, they dont even know what rooting is, and probably would not have any interest in it.

in my own experiences, I have ran into like 5-8 people with droid, at work and school, and none of them were rooted. When I asked them about it they gave me this puzzled look, heh. my cousins (2) and my friend has a droid. They are rooted, but because I told them what root was and what it can do for your phone, I wonder if they would have eventually found out about it on their own. One of my cousins knew about it cause he is a pretty tech savy person but the other one runs his own business and does not have time I imagine to do research on it with a business and a family to maintain.

My opinion? As a college student who is pretty busy with h/w and exams I will be giving the iphone a go when it comes to verizon. I have been down the road of rooting and customizing my phone to the way I want it, granted I have not gone as far as others in this forum, and I am spent. it takes a lot of times and patience, and now I want a change of scene. something simple, I mean is that so bad? I think not. It's like wanting a vacation.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    lol wut? you're saying that 150,000 OG droids are rooted?? geez man...DF itself has only 127,000 members (the majority of whom have the D1), and not all those members are rooted. You're making really generous assumptions by saying 150,000 D1 owners are rooted.
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodvette23 View Post

in my own experiences, I have ran into like 5-8 people with droid, at work and school, and none of them were rooted. When I asked them about it they gave me this puzzled look, heh. my cousins (2) and my friend has a droid. They are rooted, but because I told them what root was and what it can do for your phone, I wonder if they would have eventually found out about it on their own. One of my cousins knew about it cause he is a pretty tech savy person but the other one runs his own business and does not have time I imagine to do research on it with a business and a family to maintain.

My opinion? As a college student who is pretty busy with h/w and exams I will be giving the iphone a go when it comes to verizon. I have been down the road of rooting and customizing my phone to the way I want it, granted I have not gone as far as others in this forum, and I am spent. it takes a lot of times and patience, and now I want a change of scene. something simple, I mean is that so bad? I think not. It's like wanting a vacation.
    it's not bad at all. and you're not the only one who will switch. new customers will get the iphone, at&t customers will jump ship for the iphone, some current android users will switch (i know people who have already said they will as well), and even some current rooted android users will switch. it's going to happen, and anyone who says otherwise is in denial (which makes no sense since they have nothing to gain or lose by this happening hahaa)
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid

it's not bad at all. and you're not the only one who will switch. new customers will get the iphone, at&t customers will jump ship for the iphone, some current android users will switch (i know people who have already said they will as well), and even some current rooted android users will switch. it's going to happen, and anyone who says otherwise is in denial (which makes no sense since they have nothing to gain or lose by this happening hahaa)
    I think I will most likely get the iPhone if/when it comes to Verizon. I have loved my droid, I had it rooted, but went back to stock because I just got sick of all the work involved. Now with the iPhone it just seems like a smoother experience. Plus the biggest plus for it is the itunes integration. I mean the droid is lacking in several key areas for me; the music player is horrible, i now use doubletwist which is an improvement but still buggy and not up to the par android should have. Secondly, on my droid there is no way to rent/buy movies in a legit way yet like u can on itunes. I travel a lot so I love just being able to rent a movie and go, not to mention all the digital copy movies I have that can be played on it. That's the main appeal to me anyways and I''m sure there's others just like me.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwege View Post

I think I will most likely get the iPhone if/when it comes to Verizon. I have loved my droid, I had it rooted, but went back to stock because I just got sick of all the work involved. Now with the iPhone it just seems like a smoother experience. Plus the biggest plus for it is the itunes integration. I mean the droid is lacking in several key areas for me; the music player is horrible, i now use doubletwist which is an improvement but still buggy and not up to the par android should have. Secondly, on my droid there is no way to rent/buy movies in a legit way yet like u can on itunes. I travel a lot so I love just being able to rent a movie and go, not to mention all the digital copy movies I have that can be played on it. That's the main appeal to me anyways and I''m sure there's others just like me.
    Umm.. I can play all my digital copies just fine. As for music players the stock one is OK. .3 is much better if you fancy. Doubletwist does the job as well, although not quite as nice as iTunes. As for renting movies. Have you tried FiOS on Demand on the Droid yet available from the Verizon Marketplace? Works like a charm and has a ton of movies to rent OR buy.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid

Umm.. I can play all my digital copies just fine. As for music players the stock one is OK. .3 is much better if you fancy. Doubletwist does the job as well, although not quite as nice as iTunes. As for renting movies. Have you tried FiOS on Demand on the Droid yet available from the Verizon Marketplace? Works like a charm and has a ton of movies to rent OR buy.
    I didn't know about FiOS, just downloaded and will check it out Thanks. As for the digital copies they just have never worked on mine unfortunately.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

I didn't know about FiOS, just downloaded and will check it out Thanks. As for the digital copies they just have never worked on mine unfortunately.
    Try Rock Player for the Digital Copies works like a charm for me. Free fromt he market.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Links