DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What Do You Think Of The iPhone 4 On VZW

Voters
516. You may not vote on this poll
  • Na, They still can't take us on

103 19.96%
  • Ya, I am excited to get one

86 16.67%
  • Are you kidding? I am Going to store and laughing at people buying it

139 26.94%
  • I Could Care less

188 36.43%
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: iPhone Coming To Verizon Due To Droid Fears

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    I have no doubt that less the 1% of all Android users are rooted. Now in the Forum, actual members, that number would change drastically. Still the majority of our members are not rooted. You can see that clearly when an OTA update goes out. Well, you might not be able to but I can.
    Exactly, and this should be obvious to everyone. I can't fathom how some people suggest otherwise.

It's very obvious and accurate to say less than 1% are rooted. The actual number is most probably far less than 1%
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mkzbdroid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jkhonea View Post

Further, a couple others nailed it. Why, exactly, is it so important to be so incredibly derogatory about the iPhone? Only a fraction of the people running their mouths about them that I have met have ever even touched them before slamming them.

And say what you will, Apple DOES make a very nice piece of hardware. There is no denying that unless your delusional. And don't bring up the antenna bit on the 4G. I will throw out antenna and signal issues on Android all day long.
    dude have you ever heard an Iphone user? they rant constantly about how everything Iphone is better, and yes apple does make a great piece of Technology(samsung CPU,various other parts outsourced) but as far as the trance that steve jobs has created you need to really consider knocking them down a peg. does the Iphone have flash? how long did it take for actually multitasking? how is it that there are multiple studies concluding the Iphone 4 is the most fragile of all with a stainless steel belt? why is every single refresh of the device so greatly admired since its almost the exact same as its former unit?

has any manufacturer for android ever issued a fix for the antenna with another piece of hardware after the fact? HOW IN THE WORLD CAN YOU JUSTIFY ANY OF THESE FACTS AND STILL CHARGE AN ARM AND A LEG.....simple polish that rock and someday it will be shiny!!!
    Have you ever listened to a fanboi justifying an Android to an iPhone user? Every bit as bad. Open your eyes and watch. It happens on this very forum. To put that all down to iPhone users is amazingly hypocritical.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NVash View Post
    Thanks for the info, Ill try that. But that also adds to my post. How many people would actually take the time to root? I know I never did. I was a full time college student when I got this squeezing time in to learn it as best I can when I had it. Most people I know with iPhones are college students who are very busy. I severely doubt theyd have the time or patience to work with a Droid and figure out its odds and ins when they have an iPhone thats ready to go right out of the box.
    EXACTLY right! Not everyone has the patience and skill to root, thus where the iPhone comes into the picture. It works great out of the box.

People, you need to realize, not everyone wants to or is capable of rooting their phone. You start comparing a stock iPhone and stock Android phone and the lines start blurring very fast. Be realistic.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    exactly. there are android fanbois in this very thread! they are just as bad, if not worse then iphone users.
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by czerdrill View Post
    exactly. there are android fanbois in this very thread! they are just as bad, if not worse then iphone users.
    My point exactly. The Android fanboi's are the first to start by commenting about the lack of intelligence of the iPhone users. That is extremely annoying and condescending. And arrogant.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    How many rooters do you think are out there? honestly? there's not even 200,000 trust me (and 200,000 is being EXTREMELY generous). your roommates, and brother-in-laws, and fifth cousins have their phones rooted because they know you and you told them about it. i hope you're not trying to suggest that rooters are in the millions, or even anywhere close to 200,000 because the crack reference seems to be ringing true in your case.
    im willing to bet its less then 1% of all android phones are actually rooted.
    as am i...because less then 1% are actually rooted.
    I don't know about that. I am willing to bet that the number is more like 5% of all Android handsets are rooted, possibly more. Particularly the older handsets like the Droid, G1, Hero, MT line, Incredible, Eris, Desire, Nexus, etc... Damned near everyone I know with a Droid and those who I have met with an Android handset have it rooted and a lot of them are not "uber geeks" either. They just want more from their initial investment and want to extend the working life of their purchase. You would be surprised.
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    There is ZERO chance that 5% of android users are rooted. No way in hell haha...android sales are growing at a ridiculously exponential rate. there is no way that rooting is growing at that same rate. 1% is generous, 5% is ridiculous
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Premium Member
    Even if the number is as high as 5% of the phones, that isn't a very high number in the grand scheme of things.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    True. Thats you though. I know of only three people with Droid phones. Myself and my two friends. None of us are rooted. Truth be told I dont even think they have any idea how or what rooting is.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Sorry, shouldve quoted Darkseider. Just noticed we dont have an EDIT function anymore. Sorry about that everyone.
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Links