DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Buying Tip: 32GB Micro SD Card Priced Below $100

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX
    I purchase one on Ebay second. That one had some part number that matches nothing SanDisk sells. It has no serial number and died before I got my music loaded on it. For my experiace you can't save to much money and get a real card. It would have cost me less at this point to buy the $199 straight from SanDisk.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Moto X... The Game?

ebay scammers

Fyi beware of ebay scammers, there's a tool to make sure you're getting your moneys worth google fake memory card and a tool named hdw tool (or something similar should show up). Make sure you double check with this program because the newest thing in the asian markets is to hack the smaller memory card (the bios) into reporting a higher amount of memory available than what is really there. As a former victim of this I feel I should warn you guys. However, I will wait a little more for a price drop just cause I don't have the money for it. But, it's a great deal. I don't class will matter when it comes to rendering I think only file transfers will be affected though.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    400 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    Does class 4/6 read/write faster than class 2?
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    The Killer Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by nmsystms View Post
    I used the 8GB class 4 MicroSD card that came with my LG Dare for my original droid.

I just got the droid X and thinking about getting a 32gb card to hold all my music. (That way I can also sell my iPod touch).

Will the speed decrease be noticeable? Would it effect HD video recoding? Since the X has 8gb internal memory, I was going to use that space for all my apps and avoid Apps2SD.

FYI: It looks like people are selling the same Sandisk 32gb MicroSD card on eBay for cheaper. ($50-70). Take a look!

32GB microSDHC Sandisk items - Get great deals on Cameras Photo, Computers Networking items on eBay.com!
    I would go for it, he offer warranty and such. If it work for 30 days its a keeper. I sent a guy a message the guy that baught one of these so i would hopefully get a reply.

²SanDisk² ²32GB ²microSDHC ²Card 32 GB ²SD ²microSD ²HC - eBay (item 160490836554 end time Nov-07-10 03:27:23 PST)
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by rcjames View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nmsystms View Post
    I used the 8GB class 4 MicroSD card that came with my LG Dare for my original droid.

I just got the droid X and thinking about getting a 32gb card to hold all my music. (That way I can also sell my iPod touch).

Will the speed decrease be noticeable? Would it effect HD video recoding? Since the X has 8gb internal memory, I was going to use that space for all my apps and avoid Apps2SD.

FYI: It looks like people are selling the same Sandisk 32gb MicroSD card on eBay for cheaper. ($50-70). Take a look!

32GB microSDHC Sandisk items - Get great deals on Cameras Photo, Computers Networking items on eBay.com!
    I would go for it, he offer warranty and such. If it work for 30 days its a keeper. I sent a guy a message the guy that baught one of these so i would hopefully get a reply.

²SanDisk² ²32GB ²microSDHC ²Card 32 GB ²SD ²microSD ²HC - eBay (item 160490836554 end time Nov-07-10 03:27:23 PST)
    The one I ordered had the same little number 2's in the title and it was from the same area. I have an open case about it not being as described.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    If you're going to get a card that size for a phone or other small, mobile electronics... you might want to look into Class 4 for the speed. Class 2 (like the one pictured) is okay, but it is just slow for data access times.

Like when I got my GPS (before I got this Droid X). The Class 2 card was slow to load maps, but once I changed it to Class 4 it was literally night and day.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    The Killer Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Section Twelve View Post
    If you're going to get a card that size for a phone or other small, mobile electronics... you might want to look into Class 4 for the speed. Class 2 (like the one pictured) is okay, but it is just slow for data access times.

Like when I got my GPS (before I got this Droid X). The Class 2 card was slow to load maps, but once I changed it to Class 4 it was literally night and day.
    Do you know where to get one but a 32gb? I'm also planning to get a faster hd for my laptop which does make a difference. I'm a it but new to smart phone. Now if i go for a 2class would i tell the difference between that and the microsd that comes to my phone beside the extra storage?
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    I did notice a difference when i got my class 2 32gb card on my device. It made all of my apps run faster and more smoothly than with the original memory card.
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    402 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I thought I read where the original Droid can't write faster than Class 2 anyway, so what would be the point in going higher? Can anyone comment?

I'll get the 32 gig at some point. But I plan on jumping all over an LTE phone when they come out so I'll probably just wait and get the 32 gig card with that.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid 4
    The 16 GB Card that ships with the OG Droid is Class2, therefore you wont see a speed difference, just double the storage space. Odds are that would also mean double the time to refresh the contents after a sync, but im not positive of this.
    DROID4: Rooted and OC Hacked
    DROID : SimplyStunning 5.6 1.2 Ghz ULV Kernel
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Links