DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Droid 2 Vs HTC Merge

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Twitter
    WMPerson
    Phone
    T-mobile G2x
    Premium Member

Droid 2 Vs HTC Merge

In this day and age it seems comparisons are becoming a way of justifying your purchase, and AndroidCentral has the latest battle. The unreleased HTC Merge is basically the Desire Z or T-mobile G2, with Verizon logo, will be going against the Droid 2, which I am sure we are all familiar with.

These two devices are quite different in size, shape, specs, and look. I think the Merge has a little visual upper hand here, but that is just me.

Here is a little excerpt from the battle:

Aside from the keyboard, choosing between these phones likely will be more about what's under the hood. The Merge is a world phone, with a SIM card for use outside the United States. But we're also expecting a world phone edition of the Droid 2. The Merge has HTC Sense, whereas the Droid 2 has the Motorola Blur customizations.

And then there's the elephant in the room -- the inclusion of Microsoft Bing on the Merge, in lieu of Google search. We're going to withhold judgment on that for a little bit until we see an actual production unit. Maybe we'll get lucky and Verizon will give us some sort of option. (Unlikely but we're optimists like that.)
    Well if that sounds like something you might want to see the outcome of... Read the full comparison at AndroidCentral.
    There is probable a million things about me that you don't know. Check out my About.me page
    About.me
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Really sucks that the Htc Merge has no front facing camera..... I was expecting this to be my next phone but not anymore..
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    iphone
    i think droid 2 will win
    my new love-Droid
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    I am still standing by the droid 2 against the htc merge. The merge's clunky design reminds me of a bad version of the droid x. I am waiting to hear more about the dual core precessor superphone.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by everstar80 View Post
    I am still standing by the droid 2 against the htc merge. The merge's clunky design reminds me of a bad version of the droid x. I am waiting to hear more about the dual core precessor superphone.
    Between the Merge and the Droid 2, the Merge is the clunky one? Really?
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Like with the X and Fascinate, another hard choice if I had to make one...I would probably lean toward the Merge...I dont know...guess I need to check out the full article now...lol
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Ok, I just looked at the keyboards....leaning heavily toward the Merge now...lol Personally, I will get the phone that has the better reception. But specs, features I think I would get the Merge.

I didnt feel anything for the Inc or EVO when they came out...I feel a lil something something for the Merge..If I was in the market for a phone the Merge could have been my very first HTC phone..
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    I prefer the look of the Merge over the D2. I prefer Sense over MotoBlur. I also like what HTC is doing with their HTCSense.com stuff (backup to the cloud, locate phone, remote wipe, etc.). So many reasons to choose the Merge over the D2. However, if Bing is the default search, with no way to override (without root), then it will be much more difficult to decide. I know that you can install Google search from the market now, but I'm wondering about the other stuff, like voice search, voice commands, voice typing, etc., that other apps use, too. Will those apps still be using Bing?
  9. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Premium Member
    Yeah, I'll probably getting the merge..

Sent from my Droid
    -----------------------------------
    Rom: CyanogenMod 7 Winner00's Nightly #85
    Recovery: ClockworkMod 3.1.0.2
    Kernel: Prime's deprimed_test
    Theme: Stock