DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ballmer Makes Me Laugh: Says Android isn't free... Because You Pay Them

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by captdroid View Post
    Microsoft is suing because 'If you can't beat them with a better product then sue them!' That's really what all this patent baloney ends up being about.
    If google or motorola did actually infringe on microsofts patents, then wouldnt that suggest their attitude is "If you can't invent it, just steal it from someone else"?
  2. UNC
    Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    A855/ vPhone4
    Quote Originally Posted by ark(i)tek View Post
    Why is microsoft even bothering with a mobile phone OS again? They have never captured significant market share with their OS - they can barely manage to do the one thing they are supposed to do (pc operating system) correctly. What they should be very very scared of is Google entering the PC OS market and handing Microsoft their asses.
    As to the lawsuit -this is just more big boi bullying - they all do it. Apple sues everyone, MS sues everyone, it has nothing to do with whether they will gain or lose market share - it's just another way to make money.
    Just look at the RIAA - pretty soon lawsuits will be their only source of income..........
    Microsofts mobile platforms do suck, but there is no way anyone will beat them in the PC OS market for the next 10 years atleast. I would bet the farm that atleast 80% of droidforum users use Windows.

I don't understand how anyone could fault MS for protecting their investment.
    You call me names, I call your Mom!!
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by UNC View Post

I don't understand how anyone could fault MS for protecting their investment.
    My point exactly
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I would like to know what exactly it is that Google is copying. Too many patents seem to be something that is quite obvious even to those not trained in the art...

Obvious As A Matter Of Common Sense : Patent Law Insights
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

Thumbs down

Microsofts mobile platforms do suck, but there is no way anyone will beat them in the PC OS market for the next 10 years atleast. I would bet the farm that at least 80% of droidforum users use Windows.
    Greetings from one of the other 20%....running Linux on everything
    Galaxy Nexus: CyanogenMod 9-rc0 with Franco's Milestone 4 kernel @ 1.344 GHz
    OG Droid: CyanogenMod 7.1.0 (2.3.7) with Chevy's 1.1GHz uLV kernel, BP7X battery
    Nook Color: CyanogenMod 7.1.0, 1.2GHz kernel
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro6128 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by captdroid View Post
    Microsoft is suing because 'If you can't beat them with a better product then sue them!' That's really what all this patent baloney ends up being about.
    If google or motorola did actually infringe on microsofts patents, then wouldnt that suggest their attitude is "If you can't invent it, just steal it from someone else"?
    Baloney.. Microsoft took others 'inventions' to get where they are at.

This whole 'inventions' idea has gotten out of hand anyways.
    My first smartphone was a Droid 1. Then I found the Nexus... Galaxy Nexus LTE unlocked & rooted...
    AOKP JB build ROM, IMO JB exp Kernel,
    Root Apps - Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, SetCPU, ROM Toolbox, Rom Mangler/ClockworkMod, CWMR Touch, Lightflow, SD Maid, Nova Launcher
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilligaf View Post
    Microsofts mobile platforms do suck, but there is no way anyone will beat them in the PC OS market for the next 10 years atleast. I would bet the farm that at least 80% of droidforum users use Windows.
    Greetings from one of the other 20%....running Linux on everything
    Microsoft sucks mostly.
    My first smartphone was a Droid 1. Then I found the Nexus... Galaxy Nexus LTE unlocked & rooted...
    AOKP JB build ROM, IMO JB exp Kernel,
    Root Apps - Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, SetCPU, ROM Toolbox, Rom Mangler/ClockworkMod, CWMR Touch, Lightflow, SD Maid, Nova Launcher
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by ark(i)tek View Post
    Why is microsoft even bothering with a mobile phone OS again? They have never captured significant market share with their OS
    They had a larger market share than Android did as of april 2010.

comScore Reports July 2010 U.S. Mobile Subscriber Market Share - comScore, Inc
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by huskerkate View Post

fwiw, a settlement establishes no precedent in another proceeding. virtually all settlements expressly state that there is no admission of any wrongdoing. the suit between Moto and MS will be decided on whether or not there has, in fact, been any infringement - HTC's settlement will have no bearing on it.
    HTC didn't settle, there was no lawsuit. HTC agreed that there was patent infringement, and agreed to pay a licencing fee, so while that may not create a legal precedent, it does offer strong evidence in favor of Microsoft.

Also, I highly doubt that the Microsoft legal team takes it's cues from the marketing department, and I really don't think Microsoft cares if Motorola makes phones for them, as they already have two of the best phone manufacturers (htc and samsung) making phones for them. The LG phone doesn't seem too shabby either.
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I think Mr. Softie is very afraid of Android. It's going to merge with Chrome OS at some point, or at least be seamlessly compatible. That is a SERIOUS threat to MS.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links