Now I am sure when you read this you have the 2.2 update in mind, but sorry this is not that article. All Samsung Galaxy S devices will be getting that much anticipated 2.2 update sometime next month (which is not to bad), but for the time being there is another update.
This update is more general fixes and improvements. The update will be different depending on your carrier. Most devices have already received the Media hub update, so that is not included but here are the included software.
The fascinate will have the fallowing improvements:
- Instant notification of Visual Voice Mail in the messaging bar.
- Improved sync between phone and e-mail accounts.
- Prompt notification when switching to airplane mode.
- Faster switching from 3G to 1x RTT.
- Search phone while on a call.
- Improved Exchange password alerts.
- No Service audio alert removed.
The rest of the devices will get similar updates.
The Captivate will be getting:
- Preinstalled software - QuickOffice for Android will allow users to edit various Microsoft Office documents.
- Messaging - Exchange 2003 support, MMS and other messaging enhancements.
- Voice - Improved calling experience.
- Media - media scanning time improvements.
Now that leaves out the Epic 4G and the Vibrant. I am guessing they can go without updates, but am sure the owners cannot waiting any longer for the official Android 2.2 update to be released.
How do you guys feel about this?
Via: BGR, DroidLife, AndroidCentral