DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Samsung Fascinate Source Code Released

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    352 times
    Twitter
    droidforums
    Premium Member

Samsung Fascinate Source Code Released

We now have one more reason to love the Samsung Fascinate and it starts with open and ends with source. Yup, Samsung has officially released the source code for the Fascinate on their open source website.

For some this news won't matter much, but for Developers or those looking to take the Fascinate to the next level are sure to have a smile from ear to ear. To download the 161mb source, point your browser towards http://www.opensource.samsung.com, search the page for model SCH-I500, and let the games begin!

Thanks for the tip Bryan!
    Source: Samsung Open Source Release Center

3. RS/Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Phone
    S3, G2, M8
    Premium Member
  4. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    This news makes Samsung a little bit more appealing, come on Motorola

5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tparker76 View Post
    +1
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Razr maxx
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by justin82 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tparker76 View Post
    +1
    We all should email Moto the link for this thread and post it on facebook,twitter and whatever other social networking site they might be using....

LoL
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Fascinate
    Quote Originally Posted by Abe21599 View Post
    moto needs to take one from the pages of samsung.
    Heres the thing, Android OS to me. is what was on my DROID 1... a phone that was built by google and moto partnership, the originators if you will.. Moto doesnt need to release source because google already offers the source.

My advice to samsung? "If its not broken. Dont try to fix it!"

Im waiting for the wonderful minds here to make 2.1 OR 2.2 GOOGLE android OS with the EXT2 Filesystem left alone.. this is what the lagfix changes and thats why everyone who has applied it has seen significant gains. google spent a lot of time building this OS from nothing.. and im sure they nothing covered when it come to the performance and stability of their OS.

I refuse to touch any custom samsung source built rom that doesnt change the file system to EXT2 and works on improving memory management better.

For whatever reason samsung decided to change the file system to their HORRIBLE RFS file system... (which i just found out) and it makes perfect sense to me on why ive had such a hard time believing this really is an android based phone.. this might also be the reason why so many people are not liking the Fascinate and waiting patiently for the amazing developers out there to make custom roms based off Google source and not this hacked up bashed up bing'd up with Microsoft's hand in the pot OS.

which leads me back to the communities need for a solid Froyo or Eclair build without samsungs touch added to the mix.. (maybe just the theme ported over for those of you that like it) Then i honestly think we will see what this phone truely has to offer.

8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Fascinate

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Discover View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Abe21599 View Post
    moto needs to take one from the pages of samsung.
    Heres the thing, Android OS to me. is what was on my DROID 1... a phone that was built by google and moto partnership, the originators if you will.. Moto doesnt need to release source because google already offers the source.

My advice to samsung? "If its not broken. Dont try to fix it!"

Im waiting for the wonderful minds here to make 2.1 OR 2.2 GOOGLE android OS with the EXT2 Filesystem left alone.. this is what the lagfix changes and thats why everyone who has applied it has seen significant gains. google spent a lot of time building this OS from nothing.. and im sure they nothing covered when it come to the performance and stability of their OS.

I refuse to touch any custom samsung source built rom that doesnt change the file system to EXT2 and works on improving memory management better.

For whatever reason samsung decided to change the file system to their HORRIBLE RFS file system... (which i just found out) and it makes perfect sense to me on why ive had such a hard time believing this really is an android based phone.. this might also be the reason why so many people are not liking the Fascinate and waiting patiently for the amazing developers out there to make custom roms based off Google source and not this hacked up bashed up bing'd up with Microsoft's hand in the pot OS.

which leads me back to the communities need for a solid Froyo or Eclair build without samsungs touch added to the mix.. (maybe just the theme ported over for those of you that like it) Then i honestly think we will see what this phone truely has to offer.

+1
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    I thought Motorola released the source for the X?
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    https://opensource.motorola.com/sf/s...rojects.droidx

Look like they did, I dont see it for the Droid 2 tho...
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.

Links