DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: *Deal Alert* Samsung Fascinate now free on Amazon & $10 on Wirefly for new accounts!

1. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    EVO 4G
    Premium Member

Lightbulb *Deal Alert* Samsung Fascinate now free on Amazon & $10 on Wirefly for new accounts!

Well, this didn't take long. This morning Amazon and Wirefly simply exploded Verizon's Samsung Fascinate price, which is normally $199 but dropped to as low as $99.99 last week.

That's right - for 1 penny, you can pick up a new Fascinate if you're signing up for a new Verizon account using Amazon or $10 using Wirefly. If you're adding a new line to your family plan, Wirefly is offering the phone for $29.99, while Amazon at the moment doesn't support this.

Neither site charges taxes and ships for free (with Amazon shipping slightly faster - using 2-day shipping).

One thing is certain - these deals won't last long, judging by how quickly the similar Vibrant and Captivate deals evaporated last month.

Hit up the source to read the rest.

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Damnit to hell! I wish I had someone to add!!!! Grrrrr
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  4. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    Some people are going to be upset about this, after dropping $199 on this device

5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    ROM'd DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by tparker76 View Post
    Some people are going to be upset about this, after dropping $199 on this device

Shouldn't they have a full 30 days to return it?

Anyway, look: A 3 star rating so far with only 3 reviews but... My cousin came over the other night with one of these and it seems soooo cheap. The screen was over-vibrant/saturated and you can see the roughness of the pixel grid, cheap plastic build quality was below average and fugly with that gross fake chroming, and, finally, I went to uninstall ADW after demoing it for him and there were a freaking MILLION apps preinstalled that I can't imagine anyone would ever use; BLOATWARE. Can't uninstall w/o root!

Anyway, it was nice and light but that no longer meant anything to me when I tapped on it with my finger and it had a vibrating resonance just like my old POS LG Dare; like a taught spring vibrating after you touch it. Yuck, no thanks.

So, my point? NO DOUBT SOMEONE IS 'GIVING' THEM AWAY. Enjoy!
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Samsung phone.....YUK. The only way I would be upset is if I had to have one. Forced Bing search and the Samsung GUI are gross. Droid X all the way.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    175 times
    Phone
    Moto X / 4.4
    How much dope were they smoking when they tried to force Bing on an Android device? I guess integrated software is soooo over-rated.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    VZW Note 2
    Wish I could buy this contract free >_>
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    bL33d77
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Seem like a allright phones to me seen a few reviews stating how snappy they were and nicely built. But i will get a droid x or whatever comes out later closer to my contract date.

Are there any phones coming out with vanilla android??!! i mean wtf is with all this gui **** from companies?
    Galaxy nexus aokp m5 w/ Franco kernel
    iPad 16gb
    ----------------------------
    Old phones..
    Droid razr
    LG spectrum
    Thunderbolt
    Droid charge
    Droid X
    Fascinate
    og Droid
    droid eris
    iphone 3gs
  10. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    EVO 4G
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cplus View Post

Anyway, look: A 3 star rating so far with only 3 reviews but... My cousin came over the other night with one of these and it seems soooo cheap. The screen was over-vibrant/saturated and you can see the roughness of the pixel grid, cheap plastic build quality was below average and fugly with that gross fake chroming, and, finally, I went to uninstall ADW after demoing it for him and there were a freaking MILLION apps preinstalled that I can't imagine anyone would ever use; BLOATWARE. Can't uninstall w/o root!

Anyway, it was nice and light but that no longer meant anything to me when I tapped on it with my finger and it had a vibrating resonance just like my old POS LG Dare; like a taught spring vibrating after you touch it. Yuck, no thanks.

Pretty much every Android phone from every carrier comes with bloatware that you can't uninstall without root. Bing can be removed as well, with some hacking - yes, that part is really annoying.

The resonating screen - wow, I thought only the Epic had it due to the keyboard (I noticed it right away). Fascinate too?
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    ROM'd DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by androidpolice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cplus View Post

Pretty much every Android phone from every carrier comes with bloatware that you can't uninstall without root. Bing can be removed as well, with some hacking - yes, that part is really annoying.

The resonating screen - wow, I thought only the Epic had it due to the keyboard (I noticed it right away). Fascinate too?

You can tap on the phone anywhere with your finger, front, back, side, and it resonates.

Links