DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Samsung Fascinate - What you need to know!

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    352 times
    Twitter
    droidforums
    Premium Member

Verizon Samsung Fascinate - What you need to know!

It's been raining.. actually pouring Samsung Fascinate news this week and we got everything you need to know right here, right now in one simple post.

• Samsung Fascinate micro site goes live on SamsungMobileUSA.com - Droidforums.net
    • Fascinate expected to launch online September 8th and in stores September 9th.- DroidForums
    • Samsung Fascinate begins rolling into Verizon retail stores September 2nd. - Phandroid
    • Training starts for Verizon employees in preparation for the launch next week.- Engadget
    • Samsung Fascinate Wallpapers, Ringtones and more extracted just for you! - Android Central
    • Samsung unveils the Fascinate TV Commercial... "Ever wonder what it would be like to have cinema quality entertainment in the palm of your hand? Introducing the Verizon Fascinate a Samsung Galaxy S phone!" - DroidForums
    • Phandroid leaks the complete Samsung Fascinate Users Guide: Phandroid

Kellex from Droid-Life was one of the first to get their hands on the Fascinate and does a great unboxing video and quick overview. Check out the video above showing the retail packaging, black box, all the goodies inside, and a demo of Samsung's touchWiz user interface on that amazing super amoled screen. - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

AndroidCentral.com reports the Verizon Fascinate will launch for $199 on contract. $199 seems to be the going price for a high end phone like this, however we were hit by surprise that Verizon might offer a buy one get one free deal as well. Break that down and $99 for this device is a steal. - Android Central

AndroidCentral.com reports Samsung Fascinate accessories are now live in the Verizon system. Here's a sneak peek at some of the add-ons we might expect to see on release day. - Android Central
    • Battery - Extended Length 2200MAH
    • Battery - Slim 1500 MAH
    • Cigarette lighter Adapter
    • Holster/Shell Combo w/Belt Clip
    • Leather Pouch
    • Screen Protector
    • Silcone Cover - High Gloss Black / Red / Black
    • Snap on Hard Cover (Black w/ Kick Stand, Body Glove Rubber w/Belt Clip, Clear)
    • Travel Charger

Last but not least, don't forget to check out the Fascinate section on Droidforums.net here: Samsung Fascinate Discussions - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum for all the latest chat or our dedicated sister site at Samsung Fascinate Forum!

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid
    OMg makes me want to trade in my Droid X for that one.. the screen looks amazing
  4. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    Well there is nothing like a good unboxing to wake up to on a Saturday morning, Thanks Kellex and danDroid, my first impressions are, what a perfect screen size, unfortunately I don't see myself jumping ship from Moto anytime soon, and I hope with 2.2 they will update that ugly boot anime, and why would it ship with 2.1 anyways...wait for a new device and then wait for sufficient software to run it, doesn't make sense to me

5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Twitter
    chinoali
    Phone
    Tbolt, Rezound & Nexus 7
    Nice.
    I like the LWP, too.
    Thas pretty neat.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    thing that sucks about this phone.. is Google Maps with navigation and Google search will not be availble for download in the android market
    "Harley Davidson - The Perfect Machine to Turn Gasoline into Noise Without the Pesky Bi-Product of Horsepower!"
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Inc. & Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    thing that sucks about this phone.. is Google Maps with navigation and Google search will not be availble for download in the android market

Where did you hear this at? I thought Google Maps and Search work on every Android OS? Also, if what you say is true, it will be rooted soon enough so it won't even matter.

I think this phone looks like the best phone ever to come to Verizon. The flush front-end of the phone is amazing. Also, no one can disagree that the Super-AMOLED screen will put my 4.3" LCD on my Droid X to shame.

The "only" reasons I will not be purchasing this phone are:
    1. I want to see what the HTC phone looks like which is supposedly coming to Verizon soon --> the 4.3" phone
    2. It comes with 2.1
    3. I have to have my phones rooted. Who knows how long it will take to do so.
    4. I just can't fathom that going from a 2.2 rooted Droid X with 928 theme on it to this phone is feasible at this point in time until issues 1-3 are addressed.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by luv2increase View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post

Where did you hear this at? I thought Google Maps and Search work on every Android OS? Also, if what you say is true, it will be rooted soon enough so it won't even matter.

I think this phone looks like the best phone ever to come to Verizon. The flush front-end of the phone is amazing. Also, no one can disagree that the Super-AMOLED screen will put my 4.3" LCD on my Droid X to shame.

The "only" reasons I will not be purchasing this phone are:
    1. I want to see what the HTC phone looks like which is supposedly coming to Verizon soon --> the 4.3" phone
    2. It comes with 2.1
    3. I have to have my phones rooted. Who knows how long it will take to do so.
    4. I just can't fathom that going from a 2.2 rooted Droid X with 928 theme on it to this phone is feasible at this point in time until issues 1-3 are addressed.
    Not a matter of hear say... they had it in the training we had to take
    "Harley Davidson - The Perfect Machine to Turn Gasoline into Noise Without the Pesky Bi-Product of Horsepower!"
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    I love that LWP -- where can we get that (other than from buying the phone)?
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    ^I was under the impression that all galaxy phones were rooted now. maybe not the fascinate yet, although i bet the process will be the same.
    -I have used the galaxy S theme on many roms and love it. you just have to get the phone in your hands and see what u think. i really like the added widgets too.
    -I believe samsung already said it will get 2.2. hopefully not too long from now.
    -BUT, i am with you on #1-that HTC phone is pure sex.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Here is the link for the galaxy live wallpapers. i am downloading and installing now. will report back.

[Release] Samsung Galaxy S LWPs - xda-developers
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links