DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 53 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Gorgeous, mysterious, EVO-ish HTC device headed for Verizon

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1, Fascinate --> Droid X
    I can feel the momentum (and anticipation) building !
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    well now all those sites released some info and used this thread as the source we are going to prob see a bit jump in posts...

but i agree with above.. he was right about the incredible and he got that info from the same person why would this one not be correct?

Its not going to be LTE so its pretty pointless to release it next year after CES and pointless to release it after december started because of sales so im pretty sure ill be up at 6am the morning of Nov 23rd waiting in line just like i did for the droid 1
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I have to ask: Why the high interest? Is it just for a large screen version of the Incredible? At least that has video out. What does this phone have that the DX doesn't? Seems that the DX has more.

Not meant to start a flame war: I am in the market for this class of phone, and would like to know which one is better for my needs. And don't say 3rd party ROMS: As far as I have seen, the EVO still doesn't have a fully functional 3rd party ROM out. (yet) But I will admit...haven't tracked the EVO that closely.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    MOTO Targa
    People are interested in this phone alot for several reasons:

-HTC phones are more friendly to rooting/hacking and 3rd party roms.

-They have sense, which is arguably the simplest, and least intrusive manufacturer OS overlay of the bunch(with samsung and moto prob being moreso intrusive, and most likely the easiest to remove, if you want the nexus one style stock google experience.

-It has the 4.3" screen off the EVO, and this is good because it is wider than the DX and thusly easier to type on in both portrait and landscape. The DX is more freindly to avid you tubers and movie watchers as its screen is taller, thinner, and in the 16:9 ratio which is universal for widescreen movies etc,.

-More ram

-2.2 stock

-Kickstand!

-front facing camera(we hope)

Now obviosly this is all based on pics and meager info we have so far. But for somebody like myself who has been waiting for the verizon evo, this is the perfect excuse to kick my iphone to the curb!
  5. DF News Team
    Member #
    Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Liked
    158 times
    Twitter
    DroidNCState
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzshow View Post
    Meh I don't care about hdmi if it functioned natively like say the n8 and we're allowed to display everything then yeah but with it only being able to display my recorded content is would much rather have dlna
    Well does it have DLNA? There are ways of getting movies to play from the phone. That is why I wanted to know if it has HDMI port. I have a DX but I am going to give it to my wife and use her update to get this phone or the Droid T2.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    DX is a sick phone.. but i dont think it will cut it even with the new overclock.. i was hoping for higher ghz but its most likely going to be the same as desire with 2nd gen processor.. which apparently a big deal according to quadrant scores.. and GPU is better for gaming experience..

they make look similar but you better believe this phone will blow the DX out of the water in every aspect as far as specs go, i dont need to know the specs to say that it should have some edge over the desire HD and that phone already kills the DX so it only makes sense..
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzshow View Post
    Meh I don't care about hdmi if it functioned natively like say the n8 and we're allowed to display everything then yeah but with it only being able to display my recorded content is would much rather have dlna
    Well does it have DLNA? There are ways of getting movies to play from the phone. That is why I wanted to know if it has HDMI port. I have a DX but I am going to give it to my wife and use her update to get this phone or the Droid T2.
    I have to say that the lack of HDMI out will be a deal breaker for some. (myself included) I don't have it now, but really wanted it on my next phone. Guess we'll have to wait for the full specs to be released before I make a decision. I REALLY wanted this phone to have it all. (HDMI and FF camera)
    Although...as simple as it sounds, the kickstand might sell it!
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid, Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by viper1549 View Post
    DX is a sick phone.. but i dont think it will cut it even with the new overclock.. i was hoping for higher ghz but its most likely going to be the same as desire with 2nd gen processor.. which apparently a big deal according to quadrant scores.. and GPU is better for gaming experience..

they make look similar but you better believe this phone will blow the DX out of the water in every aspect as far as specs go, i dont need to know the specs to say that it should have some edge over the desire HD and that phone already kills the DX so it only makes sense..
    Well what will this have over the desire hd? And other than the front facing camera, what makes this phone sooo much better than the droid x? The 2nd gen snapdragon is probably on par with the omap processor. Please explain how exactly this will be better than the x
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    I just realized with the kickstand you wouldnt have to blow $40 on a multimedia deck.
    Eddog 4 DROID

- First, OG Droid, then the Fascinate, Now the TUNDA BOW!
    - I gave in and rooted Stupid Random Reboots!
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt: das B.A.M.F.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddog4DROID View Post
    I just realized with the kickstand you wouldnt have to blow $40 on a multimedia deck.
    Or buy a $2.99 business card holder from Office Depot to hold it in viewable position.

I sure wish I knew more about the future and hopefully we will before 11/23. As Taylor from Android and Me just blogged today:

"Overall I think leaked shots of the Incredible HD look gorgeous and we have no reason not to believe the sources that claim the phone is shipping this year. Im sure it will do quite well on Verizon as a flagship 3G phone, but I think it might be a tough sell to the hardcore crowd that already knows faster phones with dual-core processors and 4G LTE support are coming early next year."

I am unsure at this point if I'd use up my annual upgrade for this beauty.
Page 53 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast

Links