Manually Update to 2.0.1
Below are the instrcutions for applying 2.0.1 manually without waiting for OTA Update.
- Grab this file https://android.clients.google.com/upda ... 263456.zip
- Rename the file to update.zip and place it the root directory of your SD Card.
- Power off the phone.
- Power on the phone, while holding the 'X' on the physical keyboard.
- When you see the triangle and !, press Volume Up + Camera button.
- Navigate to "apply update.zip" and press the gold button (center) on the D-Pad. Now it will install.
- Reboot phone (should take 3-4 minutes).
Your DROID is now running 2.0.1 instantly without waiting.
DROIDFORUMS.net is not responsible for anything that happens to your phone by following the instructions above. Doing the update manually is at your OWN risk and the staff of these forums is not responsible for bricked or broken phones.
WOOT! thanks for the info.
Editied the OP for formatting and made it a sticky.
the "root directory" meaning not in a folder on the sd just plainly on the sd card?
has anyone tried this? does it really work?
yes in the top directory of your SD card... not in a folder.
Originally Posted by sillyrabbitt123
Yes I have tried, and confirmed this works.
Yes I did it and it works.
Originally Posted by dezymond
Cool but Ill wait I'll a few folk get it downloaded and installed first to see how it goes.
I'm confused I downloaded the .zip file, do I drop the whole thing onto the SD card?
Originally Posted by Stigy