DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trillian Beta out for Android

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    352 times
    Twitter
    droidforums
    Premium Member

Trillian Beta out for Android

One of the most popular chat clients available on the PC that allows for use of multiple chatting services is now available for Android Devices. Trillian for Android will let you connect AIM, Facebook Chat, Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, Google Talk, ICQ and more with just one app. Some of the new features include:

• Tabbed chat: Switch between many simultaneous chat sessions easily by tapping the tabs. View latest activities at a glance!
    • Landscape mode: We know you want it, so we included this in the first version of our Android port! Works perfectly with phones with a sliding keyboard.
    • Send emoticons, photos and buzz: Share a picture taken with your phone camera, have fun with a large variety of emoticons, and even buzz your friends to demand attention!

To check out the beta visit: Trillian for Android
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Twitter
    chinoali
    Phone
    Tbolt, Rezound & Nexus 7
    I been using Ebuddy, might check this out. Thanks.
    :]

sent from MyD1.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    I love trillian, use it on my home pc. Wondering how this is going to work with battery life.

Subscribed
  4. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    Im not liking this beta at all.. no way to put it in the status bar, at least that I can find, looks clunky... hopefully will improve.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I hated it.

eBuddy > Trillian Beta
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Maybe I am associating something else with this here but I have noticed an abnormally high 3G activity since I installed this beta.

Anyone else notice this?
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    mikeym0p
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by barcodelinux View Post
    Maybe I am associating something else with this here but I have noticed an abnormally high 3G activity since I installed this beta.

Anyone else notice this?
    I installed three apps, one being the beta. And the past two days my batter cant last longer then nine hours. I hope it's not trillian because I'm really liking the beta
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeymop View Post

Anyone else notice this?
    I installed three apps, one being the beta. And the past two days my batter cant last longer then nine hours. I hope it's not trillian because I'm really liking the beta

I installed the beta, signed in, sent 1 message, turned the screen off and put it in my pocket. I pulled my phone out in line at dinner and noticed that it was down to 20% in a matter of an hour and the 3G arrows were lit (both directions). Five minutes later I noticed the 3G icon was STILL showing data transmitting in both directions. I had to put the phone in airplane mode to keep it from going completely dead.

Like I said, I am not sure if the beta is doing it but nothing has changed in my device configuration in the last few weeks. I uninstalled to make sure.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    mikeym0p
    Phone
    Droid Bionic

Anyone else notice this?

I installed the beta, signed in, sent 1 message, turned the screen off and put it in my pocket. I pulled my phone out in line at dinner and noticed that it was down to 20% in a matter of an hour and the 3G arrows were lit (both directions). Five minutes later I noticed the 3G icon was STILL showing data transmitting in both directions. I had to put the phone in airplane mode to keep it from going completely dead.

Like I said, I am not sure if the beta is doing it but nothing has changed in my device configuration in the last few weeks. I uninstalled to make sure.
    Do you click Menu > more > suspend?
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Do you click Menu > more > suspend?
    No I didnt. I didnt know that was needed. So, I have to "suspend" trillian when I turn my phone off, or it will eat my battery? If that is the case, then they should put that in the release notes or something.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links