DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Warranty Replacement just might be a Droid 2 / Incredible

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola a855
    Yeah, everyone go break your phones, cash in your warranties/Asurion claims, and be sent a refurb.

Then when all the refurbs are gone I'll swoop in and get the D2.

I agree with slinky -it seems a little misguided, if not risky for any (real) future problems you may have, as I'm sure they do keep track of claims and attempts at free upgrades. We all know too that just handing out D2s wouldn't make good business sense, and if consumers cheat or otherwise force the system to upgrade them for free, we all also know that the money lost just turns into higher prices and finer print for all of us in the future.

/2˘
    Verizon Moto Droid | Android 2.2 | Lots of ROM switching lately.

Wordfeud: Schteef
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitticeps View Post
    They only offer alternatives when they are out of stock on the current model. When I made my claim last week they were out of Droids. The got more in stock on wednesday this week.

darn. missed it by a week then. just called cause my droid's been messing up lately, they said they had droid 1's in the warehouse and would send me a refurb overnight
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Angry

I just contacted Asurion on line in reference to a warranty for my daughters Droid because the screan is shattered. I was told no Droids in stock and I was offered aN HTC Incredible as a replacement. I declined and was told replacement will be back ordered until unknown date. Corporate store told me to call and demand Droid X. Will update with progress.
  4. DF News Team/Mod
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    @juliothestar
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    I just contacted Asurion on line in reference to a warranty for my daughters Droid because the screan is shattered. I was told no Droids in stock and I was offered aN HTC Incredible as a replacement. I declined and was told replacement will be back ordered until unknown date. Corporate store told me to call and demand Droid X. Will update with progress.
    WHY THE [heck] would u not get an incredible dude i would of jumped right on that lol

**mod edit
    Last edited by Vulcan1600; 08-21-2010 at 10:13 PM.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    My bad I mispoke they offered me the LG Ally, Motorola Devour or the HTC Eris not the incredible. I thought they said incredible but they laughed and said no way. Also told me they have up to thirty days to replace the phone.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Sounds wayyyyy too good to be true. New Droid 2 when I am sure they can get D1 refurbs? Not likely. I will stick with my D1
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    iv had my phone replaced two times in the last week and i have gotten droid 1 for droid 1's this sounds like a great hype that is just plainly that ,nice reeading material that would bever happen...so as of this moment i have had 5 droids and the 6th due to arrive wed....no one has ever asked if i would like a upgrade and i was even complaining,,,,,
    runs so smooth WITH WATERMARKED theme
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I remember the original thread about all this ballywhoo, and I called asurion that same day and spoke to a lady who told me people were sending back all these replacements they didn't feel was of equal value, being very true. And I was told by that lady, not some supervisor, that if I were to call the next day and say I needed a replacement for my droid and would like to know if there are incredibles available for replacement if no droid 1s are then I should get one, and she said if my phones was not working she could put the order right through, no problem, so I guess it depends on who you get and if you call, being extra nice couldn't hurt either
    CM 6.1.2
    Stock Theme/ADW Launcher
    P3's 1.2ghz LV Kernal
    Quadrant 1709
    Next phone: TBA
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I have spoken to three different people today including one supervisor. They all told me the droid is on back order and they could give me the Ally Eris or Devour as a comparable replacement. They told me Verizon would not allow anything but those as replacements. I kindly declined and explained to them that they are in no way equal to the droid running Froyo. They said they didn't even know about the 2.2 update. I will unfortunately wait for the Droid to come off of back order instead of going backwards in technology.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I recently got a Droid 1 replacement through insurance - they wanted to give me a Devour instead of a Droid and I fought it, ended up getting another Droid 1 from the store. The insurance company said they didn't have the Droid 1 anymore.
    Motorola Droid 2 | Multimedia Dock for Home | GPS Dock for Car
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Links