DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Warranty Replacement just might be a Droid 2 / Incredible

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by kd8fre View Post
    If you report it stolen, they want a police report. Bad idea to call the cops and do that if it was not actually stolen.
    My Droid was stolen last thursday. They don't ask you for a police report. Just got my replacement (refurbed) Droid yesterday. They only offered the old crap phones. I pushed the issue as much as I could be no one would budge. I used the argument that the Droid has a retail value of $549 and the others had retail values of $400 or less and that was not a comparable replacement. The Droid 2, X, and Inc all have comparable retail values. But like I said, the manager I spoke to said there was nothing he could do.

Guess it's all a matter of who you get on the line.
  2. DF News Team/Mod
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    @juliothestar
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitticeps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kd8fre View Post
    If you report it stolen, they want a police report. Bad idea to call the cops and do that if it was not actually stolen.
    My Droid was stolen last thursday. They don't ask you for a police report. Just got my replacement (refurbed) Droid yesterday. They only offered the old crap phones. I pushed the issue as much as I could be no one would budge. I used the argument that the Droid has a retail value of $549 and the others had retail values of $400 or less and that was not a comparable replacement. The Droid 2, X, and Inc all have comparable retail values. But like I said, the manager I spoke to said there was nothing he could do.

Guess it's all a matter of who you get on the line.
    same thing with me =[...the lady said that verizon only authoriszed them to offer those cheap downgrades
    Member #
    Phone
    *****h wtf?
    I went to verizon just now to see if this replacement thing was actually true and tried gettin my self a replacement for a droid 2. they said they didnt hear anything about this to call asurion. so i called them and after 30 mins of being on hold i was told that it was not possible to replace ur driod 1 for a droid 2. that it was un heard of. -___- wat a dissapointing day.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    There is absolutely no truth about getting a Droid 2 or Droid X from what I know. They simply will not send out new phones of new models that haven't even been released. I was one of the fortunate ones and received an Incredible, which I realize I actually like after having my awesome Droid 1 keyboard (which now feels really slow by comparison.) You will only know what you can get after you make your claim. Anyone thinking it's worth intentionally breaking your phone and paying the $89 for the chance to get a better model is a little misguided, not just legally but practically.
    Free Android App: Download the Law Guide and Law Dictionary from the Market!
  5. DF News Team/Mod
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    @juliothestar
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    There is absolutely no truth about getting a Droid 2 or Droid X from what I know. They simply will not send out new phones of new models that haven't even been released. I was one of the fortunate ones and received an Incredible, which I realize I actually like after having my awesome Droid 1 keyboard (which now feels really slow by comparison.) You will only know what you can get after you make your claim. Anyone thinking it's worth intentionally breaking your phone and paying the $89 for the chance to get a better model is a little misguided, not just legally but practically.
    i agree with you...please dnt break ur phone intentionally or have it "stolen"...ive had my droid with a broken screen for about 4 months lol withouht problems until last week when the crack got worse and now the touching isnt very accurate =[
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Oh, and for what it's worth, mine was genuinely stolen from my locker at the gym. Also, I only paid $50 for my deductible. Not sure why my price didn't go up. Maybe because I've had my account since PrimeCo days and have always had insurance. A great-grandfather clause of some sort?
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Just called to get a replacement for my droid with keyboard problems. They are sending me a replacement Droid. They told me they aren't able to offer any substitute phone.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    They only offer alternatives when they are out of stock on the current model. When I made my claim last week they were out of Droids. The got more in stock on wednesday this week.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    this has happened to me before with my Voyager. it gave out on me and Asurion sent me the Env Touch as a replacement. so it wouldnt surprise me if they do this with a upgrade from the D1 simply because they already stopped making the D1
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitticeps View Post
    Oh, and for what it's worth, mine was genuinely stolen from my locker at the gym. Also, I only paid $50 for my deductible. Not sure why my price didn't go up. Maybe because I've had my account since PrimeCo days and have always had insurance. A great-grandfather clause of some sort?
    I used to have the same and I almost fell off my seat when I found out about the deductible being $89. I plan to have a call with my verizon reps about this. Either way, for getting the Incredible I decided not to complain, take it, and discuss it later.
    Free Android App: Download the Law Guide and Law Dictionary from the Market!
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Links