DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 376

Thread: Your Warranty Replacement just might be a Droid 2 / Incredible

  1. Droid
    gaga's Avatar
    Member #
    126359
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    46
    Phone
    Droid 1 - retired ---- Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by onsht1kll View Post
    From what i hear from my sources inside Verizon . .they are replacing Storm 1s with Storm 2s and D1s for D2s .. guess both models they had problems with so they are doing a straight swap . .since they use the same batteries and chargers .. dont know when this will take effect but from what i hear it is soon .. if i had to guess i would say its because Adobe announced the whole "flash isnt going to work well on any processor less than 800 MHz" and Verizon advertised the hell out of it cuz Adobe said it would work initially .. IMO anyway ..
    They would lose so much money if they did this.
    I doubt they will ever do this.
  2. Master Droid
    onsht1kll's Avatar
    Member #
    102105
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Plymouth, Ma
    Posts
    431
    Twitter
    @onsht1kll
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by xmguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tino View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jasaero View Post

    Yeah. It's junk feeling slide, but the phone seems just as stable as mine and despite the initial chipping of some plastic in the MicroUSB it seems to seat more proper than my original ever had. Will probably keep it as I didn't expect perfection from a CLNJ and functionally it seems to be decent enough.

    I have given them a lot of he11 more for the lack of swaps in the store. You could check a few and take the ones with the best slide and obvious first hand stuff if they had them in the stores rather than warehouses. If they don't have enough CLNJ's to do store and mail swaps both they should be WAY more willing to offer some new devices. Particularly if you have a 100% authentic warranty issue. I might have even just considered my USB issue normal wear and tear if my wife didn't have the same phone with an obviously better jack from the get go. The CLNJ's just amaze me though cause the new droid1's seem to have been a lot nicer. Oh well, I will be giving VZW a real hard time come contract shopping time over this one.
    No one cares. That includes Verizon. They would rather have you go to AT&T then deal with ONE unruly customer.
    I agree 100%!!!

    You guys do realize how warranties work right? The manufacturers take care of the warranty .. Verizon only offers the CLNRs as a means so you arent without a phone. Normal procedure is to send your phone to Motorola for a few weeks and have it repaired and sent back to you .. AT&T does the whole refurb thing too .. Dont know if you guys have had cell phones long enough but back in the day they sent them to the manufacturers. I for one would rather take a refurb than be without my phone for a few weeks .. The fact that some people are on multiple phones .. well thats the way the industry is going .. Most people only get between 3 and 6 months out of a phone before it breaks. .and thats not just 1 manufacturer, its all of them .. some people are lucky and keep them for a while. Me, I'm on my second D1 in 9 months. Sorry for the rant but it ticks me off when people blame Verizon for a broken phone when they dont make phones, they just sell them for the manufacturers!
    Motorola Droid - MIUI ROM 1.3.25 with Killtime theme
    Slayher's 1.2 GHz Kernal w/out SetCPU
    MIUI Mods

    HTC Thunderbolt - Gingeritis with Sense 3.0 with Imoseyons GB lean Kernal 2.8.2 Overclocked to 1.4 GHz
    Thunderbolt Mods
  3. Master Droid
    onsht1kll's Avatar
    Member #
    102105
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Plymouth, Ma
    Posts
    431
    Twitter
    @onsht1kll
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by gaga View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by onsht1kll View Post
    From what i hear from my sources inside Verizon . .they are replacing Storm 1s with Storm 2s and D1s for D2s .. guess both models they had problems with so they are doing a straight swap . .since they use the same batteries and chargers .. dont know when this will take effect but from what i hear it is soon .. if i had to guess i would say its because Adobe announced the whole "flash isnt going to work well on any processor less than 800 MHz" and Verizon advertised the hell out of it cuz Adobe said it would work initially .. IMO anyway ..
    They would lose so much money if they did this.
    I doubt they will ever do this.
    Why would they lose money? If you look at the D1 and D2 the parts are interchangable as well as the Storms. .alot of the parts on the D1 they can use on the D2 for refurbing (ie. housings, camera, maybe the main board but different processor?).. Also goes hand in hand with happy customers .. If people were promised flash and didnt get delivered then someone would burn for it .. unfortunately people would blame Verizon and not Adobe .. I dont have all the facts so its just speculation but I am curious if its just for customer satisfaction thing .. just a thought
    Motorola Droid - MIUI ROM 1.3.25 with Killtime theme
    Slayher's 1.2 GHz Kernal w/out SetCPU
    MIUI Mods

    HTC Thunderbolt - Gingeritis with Sense 3.0 with Imoseyons GB lean Kernal 2.8.2 Overclocked to 1.4 GHz
    Thunderbolt Mods
  4. Droid
    gaga's Avatar
    Member #
    126359
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    46
    Phone
    Droid 1 - retired ---- Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by onsht1kll View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gaga View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by onsht1kll View Post
    From what i hear from my sources inside Verizon . .they are replacing Storm 1s with Storm 2s and D1s for D2s .. guess both models they had problems with so they are doing a straight swap . .since they use the same batteries and chargers .. dont know when this will take effect but from what i hear it is soon .. if i had to guess i would say its because Adobe announced the whole "flash isnt going to work well on any processor less than 800 MHz" and Verizon advertised the hell out of it cuz Adobe said it would work initially .. IMO anyway ..
    They would lose so much money if they did this.
    I doubt they will ever do this.
    Why would they lose money? If you look at the D1 and D2 the parts are interchangable as well as the Storms. .alot of the parts on the D1 they can use on the D2 for refurbing (ie. housings, camera, maybe the main board but different processor?).. Also goes hand in hand with happy customers .. If people were promised flash and didnt get delivered then someone would burn for it .. unfortunately people would blame Verizon and not Adobe .. I dont have all the facts so its just speculation but I am curious if its just for customer satisfaction thing .. just a thought
    The insides of the droid 2 are a lot more expensive then the droid 1.
    (processor, on-board memory, ect)

    Also, Flash worked just fine on my droid 1.
  5. Droid Ninja
    xmguy's Avatar
    Member #
    65364
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    RURAL TN
    Posts
    1,070
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4 | Commando 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by onsht1kll View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xmguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tino View Post

    No one cares. That includes Verizon. They would rather have you go to AT&T then deal with ONE unruly customer.
    I agree 100%!!!

    You guys do realize how warranties work right? The manufacturers take care of the warranty .. Verizon only offers the CLNRs as a means so you arent without a phone. Normal procedure is to send your phone to Motorola for a few weeks and have it repaired and sent back to you .. AT&T does the whole refurb thing too .. Dont know if you guys have had cell phones long enough but back in the day they sent them to the manufacturers. I for one would rather take a refurb than be without my phone for a few weeks .. The fact that some people are on multiple phones .. well thats the way the industry is going .. Most people only get between 3 and 6 months out of a phone before it breaks. .and thats not just 1 manufacturer, its all of them .. some people are lucky and keep them for a while. Me, I'm on my second D1 in 9 months. Sorry for the rant but it ticks me off when people blame Verizon for a broken phone when they dont make phones, they just sell them for the manufacturers!
    I know the refurbishing is done by Motorola. Doesn't mean they aren't crap.
    (Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S4 - Rooted - VRUAMI1 (STOCK) | (Verizon) Casio (GzOne) Commando 4G - Rooted - C811M020 (STOCK)
  6. Master Droid
    bhughesiii's Avatar
    Member #
    47927
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    430
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Awaiting arrival of my 2nd refurb that is coming to me. The first one had a noticeably loose slider. Hopefully all is well with this one or I will be registering another complaint.
  7. Master Droid
    Jasko's Avatar
    Member #
    32987
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    328
    Phone
    Droid 1
    My Droid 1 was having problems rebooting itself randomly. I called Verizon and since my phone was less than a year old they told me I had the manufacturer warranty. They send me a refurb D1 yesterday. My original had the raised keyboard, this new one has the flat. Grrr.

    Wish they gave me an upgrade!
  8. Senior Droid
    thesandman00's Avatar
    Member #
    23199
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    101
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    It's pretty much a pipe dream to hope they'd send you a near brand new phone as a replacement. I've never heard of that actually happening (other than a few too good to be true stories on the internet).
  9. Droid Ninja
    Big Ry's Avatar
    Member #
    34627
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,309
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Sexxxus
    I'm getting my 4th Droid sent now...Guy said I get other options on the 5th phone...wtf?
    HOKIE
  10. Droid
    droidshot®'s Avatar
    Member #
    125956
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    82
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by thesandman00 View Post
    It's pretty much a pipe dream to hope they'd send you a near brand new phone as a replacement. I've never heard of that actually happening (other than a few too good to be true stories on the internet).
    My brother Tyler had a HTC Eris and on his third return (messed up roller ball) they gave him the Droid 2.I couldn't believe it.That was a $79 phone! But it's no lie and he got the new 2.3.20 system update yesterday.
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-30-2010, 09:25 PM
  2. droid x or droid 2 as warranty replacement
    By droid_rage in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-10-2010, 11:42 PM
  3. warranty replacement keys are flat :(
    By 19DroidRage84 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-24-2010, 06:13 PM
  4. Warranty Replacement Droid and Back-Up
    By mike3611 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-30-2010, 10:22 AM

Search tags for this page

droid 2 warranty replacement

,

htc incredible 2 warranty

,
htc incredible insurance replacement
,

htc incredible warranty replacement

,
htc warranty replacement
,
incredible 2 warranty
,
incredible 2 warranty replacement
,
incredible warranty replacement
,
motorola droid 2 warranty
,
your equipment is placed on backorder. when your equipment b
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+