DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 376

Thread: Your Warranty Replacement just might be a Droid 2 / Incredible

  1. Droid Ninja
    xmguy's Avatar
    Member #
    65364
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    RURAL TN
    Posts
    1,070
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4 | Commando 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Panamakevin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xmguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Panamakevin View Post
    Really... I'm sure this has probably been discussed in another thread, but why wouldn't you want the newest? Are there any reasons the D1 is better than the D2?
    2 words. "Locked Bootloader". With the D2 I can't have SPrecovery.
    No Nandroid backups. So I want to keep the D1. Besides the D2 is the SAME as the D1 except for the faster processor and improved keyboard.

    Ouch... but couldn't the bootloader be unlocked? Hrmmm... Nandroid has saved my ass on more than one (hundred) occasion(s)... but that processor is 2x the original... thats a tough call...
    Not for me. Speed isn't a big deal. Only if it had a WORKING FM radio would it be a tough call.
    (Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S4 - Rooted - VRUAMI1 (STOCK) | (Verizon) Casio (GzOne) Commando 4G - Rooted - C811M020 (STOCK)
  2. Senior Droid
    Codiusprie's Avatar
    Member #
    53441
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    149
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Panamakevin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xmguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Panamakevin View Post
    Really... I'm sure this has probably been discussed in another thread, but why wouldn't you want the newest? Are there any reasons the D1 is better than the D2?
    2 words. "Locked Bootloader". With the D2 I can't have SPrecovery.
    No Nandroid backups. So I want to keep the D1. Besides the D2 is the SAME as the D1 except for the faster processor and improved keyboard.

    Ouch... but couldn't the bootloader be unlocked? Hrmmm... Nandroid has saved my ass on more than one (hundred) occasion(s)... but that processor is 2x the original... thats a tough call...
    It seems like Devs are confident that roms will be made available for the D2 but I haven't seen any guarantee. Every review I have read that isn't blatantly biased in favor of Android has said the new processor does not make the D2 feel any faster than the droid. It really wouldn't be a tough call for me unless we were sure we were going to be able to get custom roms onto the phone.
  3. Senior Droid
    Panamakevin's Avatar
    Member #
    26598
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    104
    Phone
    Motorola Droid4
    Quote Originally Posted by xmguy View Post


    It seems like Devs are confident that roms will be made available for the D2 but I haven't seen any guarantee. Every review I have read that isn't blatantly biased in favor of Android has said the new processor does not make the D2 feel any faster than the droid. It really wouldn't be a tough call for me unless we were sure we were going to be able to get custom roms onto the phone.
    Well, I'm sure someone will figure it out... Its just a matter of when... I think if I get the chance I'll grab the D2, but if i don't get that opportunity then I won't be too disappointed... I love my droid and the D2 just sounds like a slightly faster, curvier version...

    Does the D2 have better resolution? I watch a whole lot of movies and tv shows on my droid
  4. Senior Droid
    Codiusprie's Avatar
    Member #
    53441
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    149
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Panamakevin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xmguy View Post


    It seems like Devs are confident that roms will be made available for the D2 but I haven't seen any guarantee. Every review I have read that isn't blatantly biased in favor of Android has said the new processor does not make the D2 feel any faster than the droid. It really wouldn't be a tough call for me unless we were sure we were going to be able to get custom roms onto the phone.
    Well, I'm sure someone will figure it out... Its just a matter of when... I think if I get the chance I'll grab the D2, but if i don't get that opportunity then I won't be too disappointed... I love my droid and the D2 just sounds like a slightly faster, curvier version...

    Does the D2 have better resolution? I watch a whole lot of movies and tv shows on my droid
    I would not be so sure of that, the Moto Milestone (Euro Droid) still doesn't have custom roms. No, the screen and camera are the same. Honestly I am pretty underwhelmed by the D2. It does not seem like a worthy successor to the Droid but I am, of course, biased.
  5. Droid Ninja
    xmguy's Avatar
    Member #
    65364
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    RURAL TN
    Posts
    1,070
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4 | Commando 4G
    I called VZW tonight. The rep tonight told me not to worry. There is not "suitable replacement" listed in the system for the D1. So I'd get the same phone now or later.
    (Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S4 - Rooted - VRUAMI1 (STOCK) | (Verizon) Casio (GzOne) Commando 4G - Rooted - C811M020 (STOCK)
  6. Droid
    carcrazygts2's Avatar
    Member #
    108145
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    36
    Phone
    Moto X
    Well I am getting DX. My Droid replacement showed up this evening with a loose screen and broke head phone Jack. So I called and complained. I am on VZW back order list. Motorola really needs to get there act together. After an hour on the phone I was able to get the upgrade with no extension of my contract. Once it was processed I had the supervisor do a inventory status for the local store near me as I can not go without a phone because it is how I make a living. Just fyi there are no motor droids ( original, X, 2) within a radius of 500 miles of me.
  7. Droid
    SonRK's Avatar
    Member #
    104314
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    41
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    No tracking number yet for my supposed replacement for my Droid 1. Looks like I gotta call Verizon tomorrow and see what's up
  8. Droid
    carcrazygts2's Avatar
    Member #
    108145
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    36
    Phone
    Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by SonRK View Post
    No tracking number yet for my supposed replacement for my Droid 1. Looks like I gotta call Verizon tomorrow and see what's up
    If you went through VZW they wont send a tracking number to you. If you call it is not a problem.
  9. Droid
    SonRK's Avatar
    Member #
    104314
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    41
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Well when I was the store, I was told specifically that they would email me a tracking number, but I guess it could be an uninformed employee
  10. Droid
    carcrazygts2's Avatar
    Member #
    108145
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    36
    Phone
    Moto X
    The VZW system puts a electronic note on your account. It is not done by a person. Mark one the uninformed employee. BTW all DC and D2 have a estimated ship date of Sept 10.

    .
Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-30-2010, 09:25 PM
  2. droid x or droid 2 as warranty replacement
    By droid_rage in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-10-2010, 11:42 PM
  3. warranty replacement keys are flat :(
    By 19DroidRage84 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-24-2010, 06:13 PM
  4. Warranty Replacement Droid and Back-Up
    By mike3611 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-30-2010, 10:22 AM

Search tags for this page

droid 2 warranty replacement

,
droid 3 warranty replacement
,
htc incredible 2 phone will not charge under factory warrent
,

htc incredible 2 warranty

,
htc incredible insurance replacement
,

htc incredible warranty replacement

,
htc warranty replacement
,
incredible 2 warranty
,
incredible 2 warranty replacement
,
incredible warranty replacement
,
motorola droid 2 warranty
,
motorola droid clnr
,
motorola droid warranty replacement
,
warranty on htc incredible 2
,
your equipment is placed on backorder. when your equipment b
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+