DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Warranty Replacement just might be a Droid 2 / Incredible

Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I just did what you said just now and they tried to get me one from a local store around me and there isnt one for 60 miles so im a just wait till tommorrow for mine to come
    Quote Originally Posted by SonRK View Post
    Soooooo....

Went to Verizon store today, asked about my tracking number. Said they haven't shipped yet. Should be shipped today or tomorrow.

If I don't get anything in the emails by Friday I;m going to complain that I cannot use my phone in this condition, and see if they rush me a better phone :P
    runs so smooth WITH WATERMARKED theme
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4 | Commando 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by straightahead View Post
    ALL LIES!!!!!! i have gotten two droids now in the last week and both of them were droid 1's if you are in a contract and you have a droid they can only give you a droid and that is it THEY WILL NOT AND CANNOT GIVE YOU ANYTHING ELSE!! now if your contract is up you may have different circumstances i dont know...
    I hope so. I really don't care about the X or D2. I just want the SAME phone I bought.
    (Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S4 - Rooted - VRUAMI1 (STOCK) | (Verizon) Casio (GzOne) Commando 4G - Rooted - C811M020 (STOCK)
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid4
    Quote Originally Posted by xmguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by straightahead View Post
    ALL LIES!!!!!! i have gotten two droids now in the last week and both of them were droid 1's if you are in a contract and you have a droid they can only give you a droid and that is it THEY WILL NOT AND CANNOT GIVE YOU ANYTHING ELSE!! now if your contract is up you may have different circumstances i dont know...
    I hope so. I really don't care about the X or D2. I just want the SAME phone I bought.
    I know right! So long as I get my droid back I'll be all gravy... Its that talk of lessor phones that scares me... I would be IRRATE if I didn't get a droid... (1,2 or X)
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Toro
    I probably should have been a little more clear...you can, FOR NOW, still get a D1, BUT it's on backorder for a minimum of a week. Eventually the Devour will take over as the replacement. They didn't say when though.

5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    I called VZW last night. They are going to get me a replacement Droid 1. The rep told me that the D2 will take over the 1 for warranty replacements. This is though VZW though. Asurion is another matter. The rep acted like if they offered me a lesser model then I could call VZW and they might beable to force asurion's hand.
    (Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S4 - Rooted - VRUAMI1 (STOCK) | (Verizon) Casio (GzOne) Commando 4G - Rooted - C811M020 (STOCK)
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid4
    I called VZW last night. They are going to get me a replacement Droid 1. The rep told me that the D2 will take over the 1 for warranty replacements. This is though VZW though. Asurion is another matter. The rep acted like if they offered me a lesser model then I could call VZW and they might beable to force asurion's hand.
    They didn't by chance give you any idea as to when this was gonna happen did they? Cause if they are gonna be replacing the d1 with d2 I might see if i can get a replacement before my warranty runs out...
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Panamakevin View Post
    They didn't by chance give you any idea as to when this was gonna happen did they? Cause if they are gonna be replacing the d1 with d2 I might see if i can get a replacement before my warranty runs out...
    They didn't know. Lets just say this. My line is (self) suspended til mid October. I was trying to get VZW to send me a Droid BEFORE that time because I didn't know if the D1 would still be carried. I guess when Motorola stops making the D1's then they will supply the D2's. That's why I'm acting now. I want the D1 NOT D2.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid4
    Really... I'm sure this has probably been discussed in another thread, but why wouldn't you want the newest? Are there any reasons the D1 is better than the D2?
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Really... I'm sure this has probably been discussed in another thread, but why wouldn't you want the newest? Are there any reasons the D1 is better than the D2?
    2 words. "Locked Bootloader". With the D2 I can't have SPrecovery.
    No Nandroid backups. So I want to keep the D1. Besides the D2 is the SAME as the D1 except for the faster processor and improved keyboard.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid4
    2 words. "Locked Bootloader". With the D2 I can't have SPrecovery.
    No Nandroid backups. So I want to keep the D1. Besides the D2 is the SAME as the D1 except for the faster processor and improved keyboard.

Ouch... but couldn't the bootloader be unlocked? Hrmmm... Nandroid has saved my ass on more than one (hundred) occasion(s)... but that processor is 2x the original... thats a tough call...
Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Links