DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HTC Passion 2009 Release Not Likely

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    352 times
    Twitter
    droidforums
    Premium Member

HTC Passion 2009 Release Not Likely

Digitimes.com broke a story this morning that will disappoint many in hopes of a HTC Passion/Dragon/Bravo being released before Christmas. The report indicates that HTC's first Android 2.0 or by then possibly Android 2.1 smart phone slated for Verizon will likely be pushed back to an early 2010 release according to "market sources".

"HTC is working to further advance the software attached to the Passion, explained the sources, who are familiar with the Passion roadmap. The Passion will be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 1GHz CPU and equipped with a 3.5-inch multi-touch OLED display."

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    this sux...looks like i gotta admire my wife's droid for a bit longer.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    After looking at the "roadmap" and the supposed leaks of phone designs coming from HTC... all I can think is...1.I am glad I got my Droid and didn't wait longer. and 2. It looks (to me) like the Droid will continue to be top dog in the Android world as none of these phones look like showstoppers to grab the mantel from the Droid.
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMonster View Post
    After looking at the "roadmap" and the supposed leaks of phone designs coming from HTC... all I can think is...1.I am glad I got my Droid and didn't wait longer. and 2. It looks (to me) like the Droid will continue to be top dog in the Android world as none of these phones look like showstoppers to grab the mantel from the Droid.
    Couple people been saying the same thing and I'm starting to believe them... yea the snap dragon processor intrigues me but HTC doesn't have a device that 'stands out' like the droid (ugly or not it's known)
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola & Droid Eris
    Like jaymonster said, the motodroid will continue to be the top dog. Anyways the specs on the passion aren't that great as first thought well except for the amoled screen and the snapdragon come to find out that the screen is actually 3.5" I was praying for the 4.7" darn
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    T-Mobile G1
    HTC Bravo pictured more lucidly (Update: coming to US in January as HTC Passion) -- Engadget

^^
    HTC Bravo AKA, htc passion, aka htc dragon?

are all the same names for the same phone

and you don't get more reputable than engadget and xda

"Update: If you were wondering about the difference between the Bravo and the recently leaked Passion, there is none other than the branding, apparently. We're also hearing that the above handset will be available in the US in January, a cool three months ahead of the expected European release."

that means the following :

"We realize we might have overfed you a little with that plentiful leak of HTC's 2010 plans, so here's a chance to better ogle and digest HTC's "Performance" flagship to be: the Bravo. Pairing Android with Qualcomm's 1GHz Snapdragon and presenting a 3.7-inch AMOLED facade, this certainly ticks the headline boxes, and the addition of a five megapixel AF cam capable of 720p video capture gives it an extra sheen of 2010 newness. The picture above is accompanied by less solid info indicating a 1,400mAh battery, which will be joined by the mandatory WiFi, Bluetooth and MicroUSB connectivity, plus MicroSD expansion, FM radio tuner, digital compass, and a 3.5mm headphone jack. Then again, the source is the same bunch of heroes responsible for our extra early -- and accurate -- info on the HD2, so those specs may be considered pretty reliable. Oh, if you're wondering about the touchscreen, it's capacitive, like it should be."

would be the most correct

Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    i thought that the screen size was supposed to blow the droid and the iphone out of the water with 4 inches? this first post says its only 3.5. can anyone shed some light on this?

thanks!
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Agreed, everything I had heard stated it would have a 4.2 in screen if i remember correctly. 3.5 is nice but now im on the fence if it's correct.
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by stastnysnipes26 View Post
    i thought that the screen size was supposed to blow the droid and the iphone out of the water with 4 inches? this first post says its only 3.5. can anyone shed some light on this?

thanks!
    Blow it out of the water? The Droid has a 3.7 inch screen...so you consider .3 inches to be blowing the competition out of the water?
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    Quote Originally Posted by JhankG View Post

Blow it out of the water? The Droid has a 3.7 inch screen...so you consider .3 inches to be blowing the competition out of the water?
    It is all about perspective... ".3 inches" doesn't sound that much bigger, does it... but when you say "10% larger" it makes "all the difference in the world" (allegedly)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links