DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Droid 2 Disassembled

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Lol ya. Yup ofcourse it works, im a pro by now i do this to every phone i ever have, i can take it apart n put it back and i don't harm the phone in any way. As long as your calm and carefull, and have a little knowledge or walkthrough, your set.
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex
    Quote Originally Posted by sslbaron View Post
    That's cool. Thanks for the picks. You have bigger balls than me because I couldn't open up my new phone the first day I bought it. I've had mine for six months now, and I still don't have enough to open it yet! Lol

(thought bubble) Hey, maybe I'll do it, and then this will be my excuse with the wife to have to get the new Droid 2.......

Now, the question of the day....Once you put it all back together, does it still work?

Thanks again for all the detailed pics!

Scott
    Lol, this is coolbut why would you take yours apart? You can already see the inside of it from youtube and such... I wouldnt risk ruining my droid because i know i lack the nice touch for doing things like this.
    Turtle bit me.I thought they were slow....they snap so fast. ................. <3
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    T-bolt w/Gingeritis 3D v1.0
    [/quote]
    Lol, this is coolbut why would you take yours apart? You can already see the inside of it from youtube and such... I wouldnt risk ruining my droid because i know i lack the nice touch for doing things like this.[/QUOTE]

Lol, me too. I work on airplanes, but I can be a little rougher on them. I've been told I have "sausage" fingers which tends to suck when working on little things like this.

I had to laugh when I watched this video because, like you said, he's pretty rough taking his Droid apart. Also, I guess he never got any ESD training! Lol
    Droid 1 (was my back up, then let my son have it, and he drowned it within a week)
    Chevy01 SS 4.8
    ChevyNo1 1.1 Ghz MedV
    Baseband --> C_01.43.01P

Droid X (My current back up, and he's not getting it)
  4. DF News Team/Mod
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    @juliothestar
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pwrdbykyank View Post
    Hey, watch this tutorial, its better than me telling you since you have a visual. Just be more gentle than how the guy does it in the video, especially how he opens the phone from bottom after he removes the screws, avoid starting from bottom and at the bottom area be very careful, if your not you might break off the chip underneath the speaker area, trust me ive done it and had to re-solder my old droid's back on. Good luck.

YouTube - Motorola Droid A855 Take Apart & Repair Directions by DirectFix.com
    thanks for the help =]...really appreciate it =]
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Droid
    [/quote]
    thanks for the help =]...really appreciate it =][/QUOTE]

No problem, and yea im kinda sure that droid didnt work right after they put it back together lol, usually these companies who do these stuff for example ifixit, they do many models of phones and the usually dont end up having the first one they take apart working anymore. If you check out ifixit's disassembly on droid 2 which is a complete one (they did it after me ofcourse lol) they took off the shields on the board also, but that board looks like its done (wont work). They melted a lotta places with the soldering iron trying to get the shields off, one place being the charger port. I dont know why they would do a poor job, kinda makes me never wanna have them fix a phone for me lol but yep. It takes time and patiance, if they only used the right iron with right iron head, and did it much slower, they wouldnt have to throw that board away.

Link: Motorola DROID 2 gets disassembled for your viewing pleasure (Phone Arena News)
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

just a minssing ship

what ever it is it dones the chrones
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Droid
    huhh?????
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Xperia Play
    this is amazing dude i feel bad i didnt wait for the new one and now im kinda stuck haha

any chance on a build thread for a droid 1.5 hybrid hahahaha i would love to ebay parts such as keyboards and whatnot and be able to (with your guys help) build me such a product
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Droid
    lol it might be a possibility, who knows im sure someone will try it
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

External Antenna Port????

I am considering purchasing the Droid 2 and am wondering if the thing has an external antenna port.
    I am a full time RVer and spend a lot of time in the southwest away from most of civilization and of course, cell towers.
    Currently, my Verizon signal comes in via a 5' Yagi antenna mounted on a rotor which is attached to a articulated 25' mast and travels to a Digital Antenna 3 watt amplifier plugged in to an Alltel Huawei USB datacard plugged into a Cradlepoint 500 router, where the router is plugged into an external rooftop wifi antenna on top of my cargo trailer for my computer data service. Works pretty good everywhere. But, if I want to use the system with the Droid 2, it needs to have an antenna port.
    Does it?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Links