DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Adobe demos Flash 10.1 on Droid 2, will launch on other phones in the following weeks

  1. Super Mod/News Team
    Shadez's Avatar
    Member #
    32075
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lafayette Hill, Pa
    Posts
    8,224
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    #1

    Adobe demos Flash 10.1 on Droid 2, will launch on other phones in the following weeks

    Adobe demos Flash 10.1 on Droid 2, will launch on other phones in the following weeks




    Now that the Motorola Droid 2 has been officially announced, Adobe wants to make sure that everyone knows it will be the first phone to come with the completely redesigned Flash Player 10.1 out of the box.

    Flash 10.1 is currently in beta (version 3) on the Android Market, but the final version is expected to be released next week at the Adobe Android summit on August 16th. We have no confirmation on which version of Flash will ship on the Droid 2, but Im going to assume the final version is ready and Motorola already has it.

    Other devices with Android 2.2 should see Flash 10.1 in the following weeks. Adobe says that the HTC Incredible, the Samsung Galaxy S, Motorola Milestone, Droid X and others will support Flash Player 10.1 soon and they will keep us posted on updates.

    Recent leaks suggest the original Droid will see Flash 10.1 in the Android Market on August 18th so keep an eye on that date for other devices as well.



    Adobe demos Flash 10.1 on Droid 2, will launch on other phones in the following weeks Android and Me
    Last edited by Shadez; 08-10-2010 at 12:40 PM.
  2. blufftontiger's Avatar
    Member #
    20708
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    62
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    BIONIC
    #2
    Diana reminds me of my mother in '80s. (No offence to Diana, of course)
  3. Senior Droid
    IanG's Avatar
    Member #
    19607
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    224
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    DROID Bionic
    #3
    Yeah, I know it's a mobile phone, but even on the Droid 2, flash looked quite laggy.
  4. Super Mod/News Team
    Shadez's Avatar
    Member #
    32075
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lafayette Hill, Pa
    Posts
    8,224
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by blufftontiger View Post
    Diana reminds me of my mother in '80s. (No offence to Diana, of course)
    I thought it was Barbara Bush when it first started playing..
  5. Super Moderator
    jntdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    6110
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    6,438
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    #5
    that sure seems to run smoother than the current version we're putting on our Droid's
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

    Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  6. Droid Ninja
    johnomaz's Avatar
    Member #
    87119
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Central Valley, California
    Posts
    2,263
    Liked
    400 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by IanG View Post
    Yeah, I know it's a mobile phone, but even on the Droid 2, flash looked quite laggy.
    And they are still beta versions. You can't judge it until the final is release.

    Also, its mildly annoying the order in which phones get 2.2 and apparently now flash. IMO, the Droid1 shouldn't have gotten 2.2 before the Incredible or DroidX. Frankly, the DroidX shouldn't have been released without 2.2. With the hardware of the Droid2 so similar to the DroidX, the DroidX should have 2.2 very soon. Its almost as if Motorola/Verizon is using stuff like that to boost sales.
  7. Sal
    Sal is offline
    Master Droid
    Sal's Avatar
    Member #
    32943
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    345
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by johnomaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IanG View Post
    Yeah, I know it's a mobile phone, but even on the Droid 2, flash looked quite laggy.
    And they are still beta versions. You can't judge it until the final is release.

    Also, its mildly annoying the order in which phones get 2.2 and apparently now flash. IMO, the Droid1 shouldn't have gotten 2.2 before the Incredible or DroidX. Frankly, the DroidX shouldn't have been released without 2.2. With the hardware of the Droid2 so similar to the DroidX, the DroidX should have 2.2 very soon. Its almost as if Motorola/Verizon is using stuff like that to boost sales.
    No direct mention of Droid 1. Hmmmm....
  8. Senior Droid
    dverplank's Avatar
    Member #
    13917
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    107
    Phone
    Droid
    #8
    Should i take back the x for the d2.....I love the x but wtf? I want whatever the developers are going to support. The x is sooooo laggy without 2.2

    Thoughts anyone?
  9. Droid Ninja
    johnomaz's Avatar
    Member #
    87119
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Central Valley, California
    Posts
    2,263
    Liked
    400 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by dverplank View Post
    Should i take back the x for the d2.....I love the x but wtf? I want whatever the developers are going to support. The x is sooooo laggy without 2.2

    Thoughts anyone?
    My X is smooth as silk with 2.1
  10. Droid Sensei
    Dave12308's Avatar
    Member #
    4889
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,274
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnomaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IanG View Post
    Yeah, I know it's a mobile phone, but even on the Droid 2, flash looked quite laggy.
    And they are still beta versions. You can't judge it until the final is release.

    Also, its mildly annoying the order in which phones get 2.2 and apparently now flash. IMO, the Droid1 shouldn't have gotten 2.2 before the Incredible or DroidX. Frankly, the DroidX shouldn't have been released without 2.2. With the hardware of the Droid2 so similar to the DroidX, the DroidX should have 2.2 very soon. Its almost as if Motorola/Verizon is using stuff like that to boost sales.
    No direct mention of Droid 1. Hmmmm....
    I'm hoping that's what they meant by "Milestone"

    The reason I say this is that they couldn't be talking about the GSM Milestone, as the update matrix for that phone doesn't even show plans for 2.2 - and 2.2 is necessary to run Flash.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Droid adobe 10.1 flash player
    By Bshaggy6 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 08-23-2010, 12:35 PM
  2. Adobe Flash Video Incredible vs. Droid X
    By edboc in forum Droid X Tech Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 09:06 AM
  3. adobe flash or flash apps to view internet pages?
    By rabyfox in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 11:34 AM
  4. Google Demos Flash On Droid
    By LuN3yDaV3 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-18-2010, 12:04 AM
  5. Adobe AIR and Flash on Droid
    By alm0614 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-15-2010, 08:56 AM

Search tags for this page

droid 2 has flash

,

droid flash player release date

,

flash player droid release date

,

flash player for droid release date

,

flash player for droidx 2

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+