DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 99 of 125 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast

Thread: ALERT! 2.2 FroYo Circus continues...FRG01B is Official get it here.

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pilot25 View Post
    Anyone having the speaker problems that were listed earlier?
    I'm guessing not or we'd have heard an earful of it by now. There's an official issue thread, though, so you might want to look for and peruse that one to see if it's still kicking around.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by truckbutt View Post
    I did the manual update from [How-To] Force the Official Android 2.2 Froyo Update for the Motrola Droid (FRG01B | Update 1 of 2) - Android Forums yesterday. It installed and ran with no issues. The phone is working much faster now.
    So, is the official OTA? I went to the page and saw about 10 different sites to download the .zip file from. Which site did you download from?

I'm done waiting and going force the OTA, but with ALL the different one's floating around, I want to make sure I'm downloading the correct one.

Anyone?

P.S. I called Verizon. They said if I don't receive the OTA within the next MONTH, to call them back or stop into a store so they can apply the update. A MONTH?!?? wth?
    If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger. ~Frank Lloyd Wright

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarby View Post
    I did the manual update from [How-To] Force the Official Android 2.2 Froyo Update for the Motrola Droid (FRG01B | Update 1 of 2) - Android Forums yesterday. It installed and ran with no issues. The phone is working much faster now.
    So, is the official OTA? I went to the page and saw about 10 different sites to download the .zip file from. Which site did you download from?

I'm done waiting and going force the OTA, but with ALL the different one's floating around, I want to make sure I'm downloading the correct one.

Anyone?

P.S. I called Verizon. They said if I don't receive the OTA within the next MONTH, to call them back or stop into a store so they can apply the update. A MONTH?!?? wth?
    Just use this one.

http://androidoverdrive.com/pete/OEM...-ota-45394.zip
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal View Post

Anyone?

Just use this one.

http://androidoverdrive.com/pete/OEM...-ota-45394.zip
    Thank you for the response!
    What is this one? Who, what, where? lol
    I don't want to download one that's bad, know what I mean?
    If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger. ~Frank Lloyd Wright

5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    still no updates in central nj for me and about 5 others. went to verizon today for some issues with volume of the ear piece. tech guys at the store heard nothing about the rollout being completed by the 18th. they said it could take weeks but who knows if they really know what theyre talking about. but it is pretty cool they get a new droid mailed to you no questions asked.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I must be an idiot. I can't get it to work...get E:signtature verification failed. Oh well.

Guess I'll just wait for Verizon ...

7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    i had same prob and it was because i named the file update.zip......just name it update.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Here we are late in the day on the 17th and still waiting in southern Louisiana, me and the other 3 Droid I owners I know. I went into a Verizon store at lunch today and the rep said the OTA update had stopped again due to some phones being in the midst of the process and an email came in and the phone froze. He said as soon as that was fixed it would resume and he doubted it would be finished by the 18th. Anyone else hearing this, or did I get a dose of Verizon confusion dust for lunch?

For what it's worth the Droid I phones on display in the store were running 2.2.
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    I must be an idiot. I can't get it to work...get E:signtature verification failed. Oh well.

Try naming it update in Astro before trying to install it again. The file I gave you was from Peter Alphonso's personal stash, so unless the download was incomplete or corrupted somehow, it should work if it's named correctly. Astro automatically assigns file extensions, so your best bet if it's on there is to just name it update and let Astro do the .zip part.

Good luck and if there are any further issues, feel free to post and we'll try to help.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal View Post

Try naming it update in Astro before trying to install it again. The file I gave you was from Peter Alphonso's personal stash, so unless the download was incomplete or corrupted somehow, it should work if it's named correctly. Astro automatically assigns file extensions, so your best bet if it's on there is to just name it update and let Astro do the .zip part.

Good luck and if there are any further issues, feel free to post and we'll try to help.
    Alright. I'll try again. Thanks!

Links